Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

stupidity at its worst (best?)

sweetcherrygurl

Jan 6, 2009, 8:29 PM
this woman comes in today. she was on surewest plan before verizon bought them, so she's on that local unlimited plan for $44.99 that was just available to surewest changeovers.

she shows me this disgustingly dirty moto 323i 👀 . asks if she can upgrade.

i pull up her account, and she's eligible. 😁

i talk her into the env2, tell her that it's $149.99 in store then a $50.00 mail in rebate, as opposed to the other two phones we were looking at (the w755 that i quoted her $129.99 in store and the 8350 or something that i also quoted the in store price with rebate.)

so i process the upgrade. i talk her into unblocking texting and putting a $10 text pack on there, as well as putting the free month of vcast and vznav. also ta...
(continues)
64kwireless

Jan 6, 2009, 8:48 PM
IM SORRY FOR THAT..never tell them that Only Corporate stores can do that. Just tell them that One Bad Apple Spoiled it For Everyone and we Dont Bill To Accounts Anymore... Works everytime, unless they are Broke.
liquidfire

Jan 6, 2009, 8:54 PM
til they break out the good ol, "But the other store did it for me last time!!!"
BLEDSOE

Jan 7, 2009, 10:10 AM
Recent policy change...It works unless they upgraded another line on the account within weeks...
3ntropy

Jan 7, 2009, 12:18 PM
the policy change thing works every time. just curse thsoe darn upper management corporate types.
bassplayer

Jan 7, 2009, 12:37 PM
just tell them that in order to do that you need to have a credit card tied to the account now to do that, and then charge their card and say "oops".

That works too. and then lick their water damage sticker so they can't return the phone.

That's why I suck my thumb all the time now, so it's constantly coated with a thick moisture so if someone has a problem with their phone, suddenly when I examine their phone and battery, it's no longer my problem but the insurance company's.

Or you could just quit and save your manager the time of firing you later.
purplelotus

Jan 7, 2009, 4:15 PM
bassplayer said:
.....and then lick their water damage sticker so they can't return the phone.

That's why I suck my thumb all the time now, so it's constantly coated with a thick moisture so if someone has a problem with their phone, suddenly when I examine their phone and battery, it's no longer my problem but the insurance company's.

Or you could just quit and save your manager the time of firing you later.

LMFAO. That made me crack up! 🤣 🤣
CorRepJb

Jan 6, 2009, 8:57 PM
you will learn quick not to handle certain accounts, no matter how nice the payout on it might seem. some things just arent worth the hassle.
ccareatatt

Jan 7, 2009, 11:49 AM
Love those instances. In AT&T terms we can file cases on it for Dobson conversion in error to the AT&T plan and it will take a few days to process... LOL Its the customers fault for deciding at the end not to upgrade and didnt pay attention 4 times.
dualitycomplex

Jan 7, 2009, 10:24 PM
the policy change thing works for me every day of the week i love it, and i have a corp store in the mall not even a block away from me. Or i say only business lines can be billed to accounts. Most people stop their objection and buy, you will learn besides some account arent worth the trouble that all customers lie about what form of payment they are willing to make, I love when a custie goes through their wallet to write me a check, we do not accept checks "few bad apples ruined it for the bunch" routine not set up to automaticly debit the amount ect and so forth, oh you dont want to use that credit card, well there is no other way, nope sorry as far as I know from the last training session i went to last week no stores are accepting ch...
(continues)
lxav06

Jan 8, 2009, 2:38 AM
reminds me of this black family that came buy sound like they have money and wanting to get the storm.
the dad looks at a fake demo and wants to see a live workin phone and sees that the 2.5 mili jack is exposed and says i don't like that, bad design so whichc i having the phone in my hand extend my arm and say "well you are not gona be in the rain woth you are like this"
me looking like a retard arm all out.
well daughter wants it and e proceed to run credit and before i do tht seeing how young she loks in KNOW she has no credit ecxplain to them that if there is a deposoit is is based on credit. to which he makes face like "well my daughter has good credit"
boom 400 dolla deposit " well i have good news and bad news, we have you approve...
(continues)
jeffatt

Jan 8, 2009, 1:01 PM
I ALWAYS do credit check first. Sure, I get less prepaid activations by not showing them the phones first and then going to the credit check, but we don't make crap on prepaid.
jeffatt

Jan 8, 2009, 1:03 PM
I had a customer with a 3-phone upgrade walk because of the upgrade fee & ETF.

Seriously.

About an hour & a half down the drain and another 30-40 mins getting everything reversed and all the right info into the right phones that they brought in.

Ohh yeah, they were pissed about the restocking fees I charged them, but that was their choice to walk after spending that much time with them.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.