Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Monday Madness

sawbonz999

Jan 5, 2009, 6:49 PM
I work for Asurion and I absolutely hate Mondays. What is it about Mondays that bring out the beast in people. I just took two calls back to back and the customers were complaining about having to pay the 50 deductible to get another phone sent out. They both are going to cancel their service, wich we all know is more than $50. What is it that these customers don't understand that the $50 deductible is better than paying full retail price for a phone.
j-villa

Jan 5, 2009, 7:27 PM
most likely the sales rep never fully explained the insurance before signing them up.

9/10 that is the case.
Menno

Jan 5, 2009, 7:32 PM
I explain it as the deductible is there to both help cover the cost of new equipment and also to ensure that customers would only make claims if it was required.

If there were no deductible, could you imagine how many people would make claims because the paint was scratched?
OfAMightDivine

Jan 5, 2009, 11:43 PM
Customers can't even give you their number correctly half the time. What makes you think they could remember every last detail about something that happened months ago?
Mr. Spock

Jan 6, 2009, 2:16 PM
Lets not forget the $125 deductible on some of the phones now. that REALLY ticks the custs off....
Menno

Jan 6, 2009, 2:20 PM
Which phones have the higher deductible? Storm?
Mr. Spock

Jan 6, 2009, 2:51 PM
Most of the Touch screens....Blackberry 8310 and up.
sawbonz999

Jan 6, 2009, 2:51 PM
I work on the sprint side and ours is just 50. I know AT&T is 125.
Menno

Jan 5, 2009, 7:29 PM
Because they don't understand the concept of it, just like most customers don't understand why Early Terms exist.

For the most part, companies and salespeople have done a terrible job explaining why deductibles exist, what the early term is for, etc. It also doesn't help that the consumer mistakenly assumes that phones are actually "Free." and that by merely paying their bill on time, they somehow deserve free equipment whenever they want it.

I try and explain exactly how stuff works to customers, but at the end of the day, they can still ignore me and claim they get everything for free anyway.

If they threaten to cancel, offer to transfer them to the proper call center and inform them of the early term. most customers only threate...
(continues)
jeffatt

Jan 6, 2009, 12:51 PM
^Word.

It's a vicious cycle. You have to say things so that you can say that you said them, but you know the customer isn't listening, won't remember, won't care, or believe that a particular rule doesn't apply to them or said rule applies only to them and not everyone else.

Co-signed with the no-caving.
wizardofCroz

Jan 6, 2009, 1:18 PM
Whenever they complain about a deductible, i ask if they have car insurance. The answer is usually yes. I tell them (in the most respectful way possible) there is a deductible on your car, a cell phone is no different.
jreed3686

Jan 6, 2009, 1:21 PM
i always explain it as car insurance, you pay a monthly fee to have it insured and a deductable to get a new one if anything happens....
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 6, 2009, 1:34 PM
here's one sales rep who tries to explain insurance and help you out! *waves hand in the air*

whenever im going over a contract i explain in detail that they have 15 days to add the insurance if they didnt choose it right off the bat.

i say, "if you choose insurance, it's only $4.99 a month and a $50.00 deductible to make a claim. it covers lost or stolen phones, physical damage, and liquid damage. if you don't add the insurance within fifteen days, then if the phone is stolen or broken it is FULL RETAIL PRICE to replace the phone. that can range from $220.00 to $700.00 depending on the phone. are you sure you don't want insurance?"

then sometimes they change their mind when i point out how many people have run their phone through t...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.