Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 55 replies

Samsung Rewards

PhonemanJ

Jan 5, 2009, 4:06 PM
I got a call yesterday telling from UPS saying that I was going to receive a delivery at my house that someone needed to sign for. Fortunately, today is my day off so I was home when the UPS man showed up. Low and behold, it was my gift card from Samsung! Hope everyone else gets theirs soon.
jeffatt

Jan 5, 2009, 4:39 PM
awesome! how much you get? I should have about $2200 coming (if i ever get it)
ecycled

Jan 5, 2009, 7:23 PM
thats 400k points!

So anyways I have been a vocal skeptic of Samsungs points rewards. Well, I recieved mine today and yes via UPS. Here's the trick ๐Ÿ™‚ when you get it, it will ask you to activate it with a four digit pin, which you won't have. Basically the call and several attempts is all you need. If you call back it will say its active.

Kudos to Samsung for coming through! My faith in America is restored ๐Ÿ˜Ž
bassplayer

Jan 5, 2009, 7:36 PM
what state are you in?
attgrl

Jan 5, 2009, 9:44 PM
Yea, where are you because I have not recieved mine
PhonemanJ

Jan 6, 2009, 11:44 AM
I'm in Texas. My boss also got his yesterday and quite a few of the people in my company got them too.
pigpen

Jan 6, 2009, 11:45 AM
thats awesome! maybe they will hit east coast today
attgrl

Jan 6, 2009, 3:50 PM
I am in Ohio and just got my UPS call today, shuld come tomorrow! I am so excited!
pigpen

Jan 6, 2009, 3:55 PM
Did anyone receive their reward without getting a call from UPS? I have not received one
pigpen

Jan 6, 2009, 11:10 AM
So you got a call on a Sunday from UPS that you were going to get a delivery on Monday? ๐Ÿ™„
PhonemanJ

Jan 6, 2009, 11:46 AM
Yep. It wa an automated call that said that there would be a delivery between 8:00 am and 7:00 pm and that someone would have to be at my house to sign for it. About 11:30 am I had to go out and do some stuff. I ran into the UPS person at a convenience store down the street from my house and signed for it.
lov2rac3

Jan 6, 2009, 6:29 PM
I'm glad everyone is getting there rewards I live in Idaho and havnt recived a call from UPS I hope mine comes I talked with the customer service people and they told me I passed and I should revice it. Is there anyway to contact them? Email or 1 800 number that works?
Thanks
lov2rac3

Jan 6, 2009, 6:39 PM
I should say I talked to them back in December.
silvabullit

Jan 6, 2009, 3:27 PM
so how does this affect my taxes??

didnt we fill out w2 for 2008 and not getting paid until 2009???
attgrl

Jan 6, 2009, 8:25 PM
that's a good question...
attgrl

Jan 6, 2009, 8:25 PM
I think I will put it on this years (0๐Ÿ˜Ž because that is the form we filled out
ccareatatt

Jan 7, 2009, 11:45 AM
You cant record income not received in 2008 on your 2008 return or else its tax fraud and a huge fine if caught... it should be reported in 2009.
kapwww

Jan 9, 2009, 10:29 PM
Samsung will send the (correct me if I'm wrong here) i9 to you and a copy will be filed with the IRS as well. That way, if you don't file it, they can come after you. Just filling out the W2 or whichever W form it was shouldn't mean you have to file. They have to provide some sort of statement saying how much was paid to you and that no taxes were taken out. THAT is the form that matters when filing.

Consult an accountant for sure, but I do not believe it would go on 2008 unless you receive something from Samsung by the end of January saying you were paid untaxed income.
d3ity

Jan 7, 2009, 11:12 AM
Hrm. Still no call... Not sure if they have my correct phone # though. I've changed it once or twice since signing up.

Anyone in PA get thiers yet?
solodolo

Jan 7, 2009, 11:42 AM
I'm in Ky, ups just came and still no rewards. Yesterday they went to my bosses house but he wasn't home so I'm worried I'm not getting mine but no word yet if it was his rewards he will be in later today so I'll keep you posted
pigpen

Jan 7, 2009, 12:37 PM
Has anyone received a rewards card without first getting a call from UPS?
bassplayer

Jan 7, 2009, 12:38 PM
no...

Does that help?
nothing0

Jan 7, 2009, 12:38 PM
i don't have mine either. i wonder if they are doing the gift cards in order of validation. i got my validation email on november 6th and then i had to validate two more esns on december 4th. for those who have the cards already, did you validate earlier? also did anyone else have to go through the second validation? i never figured out why they asked me about those two esns almost a month later... ๐Ÿ‘€
attgrl

Jan 7, 2009, 2:37 PM
I am still waiting on ups... but got a second call stating I have another package coming tomorrow! I called UPS and they said they don't know why they called again, I didn't get the 2nd tracking number, so they couldn't look it up. I wonder if I will get a 2nd card tomorrow and have to return it. They did confirm I am getting a package today too... our UPS guy doesn't come until like 5-6 it is awful waiting!!!
solodolo

Jan 7, 2009, 3:14 PM
Well my bosses wife just called saying ups just dropped off his rewards. I'm starting to lose hope but I had mine sent to the store and ups came early today so I'm hoping they will come back by. Just sitting and waiting, it's torture!
lov2rac3

Jan 7, 2009, 5:10 PM
I got a call from UPS today telling me I was gonna receive a package tomorrow and someone needs to sign for it. Sounds like I might be getting mine...Maybe!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
attgrl

Jan 7, 2009, 5:42 PM
I am still waiting... UPS is driving me crazy!!
attgrl

Jan 8, 2009, 1:07 PM
I got mine... but not the whole amount. I got a second call- I wonder if they split it? Did anyone else get their cards split/ wrong amount?
nothing0

Jan 8, 2009, 1:21 PM
how much was it if you don't mind me asking? i wonder if the cards have a limit.
attgrl

Jan 9, 2009, 9:54 AM
I got almost a 1000 dollars! I don't know what I was thinking- I was expecing around 1300... I think I did my math wrong. But hey 1000 I will take!!
d3ity

Jan 7, 2009, 6:26 PM
I was told by SR that I was one of the first to recieve the validation email, I didn't send mine in till several weeks later so idk.
solodolo

Jan 8, 2009, 11:11 AM
I think I'm the only one left still waiting:-( I don't think it's gonna happen
pigpen

Jan 8, 2009, 11:33 AM
actually none of us in North Carolina have received phone calls or the rewards yet. Dont give up
jeffatt

Jan 8, 2009, 12:42 PM
I haven't received word yet, either.
jeffatt

Jan 8, 2009, 12:43 PM
I should add that I'm in TN.
bassplayer

Jan 8, 2009, 12:47 PM
Washington.

Waiting.

Wondering.

Wishing.

Wasting time posting.
Dgator

Jan 8, 2009, 6:29 PM
Here in Oregon wait also.........

But i found a cool way of tracking UPS by entering in samsung rewards
http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/reference?loc=en_US »

just put in samsung rewards in shipment reference and add USA as shipping country..

I found two.. I'm just hoping soon it will be my city next!!! ๐Ÿ˜
silvabullit

Jan 8, 2009, 9:03 PM
wisconsin here...no phone call or visa card yet ๐Ÿ˜ข
jeffatt

Jan 9, 2009, 10:16 AM
One of those is Knoxville...that's like 3 hours from here!!
pigpen

Jan 9, 2009, 10:20 AM
assuming they all shipped Monday everyone should have theirs by today as coast to coast ground shipping is five days at most. Since they are coming from Texas everyone really should have had them yesterday
d3ity

Jan 9, 2009, 5:41 PM
Still nothing. no call... no UPS.
Dgator

Jan 9, 2009, 6:35 PM
umm still waiting.. ๐Ÿ˜ข

any northwest people get cards?

California, Oregon, Washington ? even Alaska??????? ๐Ÿคจ
lov2rac3

Jan 10, 2009, 1:31 PM
Got mine a couple days ago and I live in Idaho.
jeffatt

Jan 9, 2009, 6:59 PM
I don't think they all shipped at the same time or else more people would be receiving theirs by now.
d3ity

Jan 10, 2009, 1:27 PM
I love how when you call them it's still "you will recieve your rewards by Dec 31st"

I doubt anyone else remembers the samsung E-Z Summer promotion about a year or so back. Took like 4 months for me to get my gift cards... but they actually DID show up.
nothing0

Jan 10, 2009, 9:29 PM
i got an email from them yesterday that said be patient it will take a little time to get your card. ๐Ÿ™„
d3ity

Jan 12, 2009, 9:36 AM
Interesting...

I didn't recieve one of those emails... did you somehow manage to get ahold of someone via email or something?
nothing0

Jan 13, 2009, 11:36 AM
i replied to the validation email and asked what the status of my gift card was. they are still responding to that email address and have been very nice so far.
Att_Parrot

Jan 8, 2009, 1:59 PM
You are not alone im still waiting too ๐Ÿ˜ข I am in California where are u?
jreed3686

Jan 7, 2009, 5:23 PM
what the heck is it?
T-Monster

Jan 7, 2009, 5:45 PM
samsung rewards was a program that rewarded sales people with points for the samsung phones they sold. you would register your samsung sales on the site, and earn and redeem points for it. it was by far the best contest type program i've seen in wireless. Myself I won an xbox 360 with controlers, garmin gps, a gold necklas for my gf, and a few other random things, and I"m still getting back almost $500 today.

It was supposed to last for a year, but unforuntatly some bad eggs ruined it for the rest of us. they were entering in other people's sales or random lists of samsung IMEI's that belonged to other people to get points and then sell the big prizes. those people were caught and the program was ended early.

participants then were ab...
(continues)
jeffatt

Jan 8, 2009, 12:45 PM
Just to clarify, the fraudsters who spoiled it for the rest of us actually had an IMEI generator of some sort from what I understand & a bot to enter the IMEI's. They had redeemed hundreds of thousands of dollars worth in prizes and had almost as much in the works.
jeffatt

Jan 10, 2009, 12:33 PM
Didn't get a call first, though. They tried to deliver it last night at 5:15, but nobody was home. Note left a tracking number so I went onto UPS.com and changed the delivery address to my work.

I'm gonna piss myself if I actually get it and it works.
solodolo

Jan 11, 2009, 12:13 PM
nice...Good Luck! im still waiting:-/
jeffatt

Jan 12, 2009, 3:07 PM
oh man...I'm f-ing RICH!

Got 2 cards and it was for a LOT more than I expected! $2737 between the two of them!
nothing0

Jan 26, 2009, 9:49 AM
anyone else still waiting?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.