Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Worst Paperwork Mistake EVER

Krantros

Jan 4, 2009, 12:36 AM
So, I work for a VZW retailer and today I had to deal with the biggest paperwork mistake I have ever seen in my 6+ months there. This simple mistake made by a co-worker led to a AM call, then a DM call for an override code. This could have all been avoided with ONE click in a different place. Here's how it started:

My co-worker was selling a blackberry storm to a customer on an annual upgrade. As you retailer's know, this means that you already make very little GP doing this, and are not to discount the phone WHAT SO EVER. The phone is bumped up in price just to make it barely above positive GP.

My Co-worker is doing fine on his sale (3 accessories, data (of course, its a BB), the works) so we think that he is going to make a decent am...
(continues)
ac4321

Jan 4, 2009, 12:55 AM
All that drama for a $50- 100 mistake?
๐Ÿคจ

What's surprising to me is that it's worth the higher management's time to bother with something like that. Things might be different for corporate/3rd party, I guess.

If $50- 100 is the biggest glitch or transaction error then go work corporate retail or customer service. Wait until a misconfigured plan causes hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of overage that has to be fixed.
๐Ÿ˜›
OfAMightDivine

Jan 4, 2009, 1:04 AM
Yeah, seriously.

I've seen bills over $60,000 because one code was wrong on an account.

Our reps have a clearance of $50 before they need approvals.
KioskLife

Jan 4, 2009, 11:35 AM
Had a rep process an upgrade and needed to change the rate plan code for the new version of the plan. Rep told the customer the new plan was the exact same thing as the old one and there would be absolutely no other charges. The plan was something along the lines of 1000 North American minutes for 110$ a month but the rep didn't bother counting how many 0s were on the new plan he selected and chose the 10000 North American minutes plan for a whooping 1100$.

oops
ccareatatt

Jan 4, 2009, 2:21 PM
Best customer service that customer is ever going to get! ๐Ÿ™‚ You cant go back to the customer and say "we didnt charge you enough" after the sale is through. Poor guy he probably will be fired.
kapwww

Jan 4, 2009, 3:19 PM
Maybe not fired, but will probably have the loss directly taken out of their commission. They way I get paid on GP, if I made an error like that, I would just have to dig out by selling more. I might get written up for being a moron, but I would deserve it for something that stupid.
jeffatt

Jan 5, 2009, 1:57 PM
I had a co-worker who didn't tally the deposit amounts on the final invoice and forgot to take payment for them. He had to pony up the dough...customer said they weren't coming back to pay it.....deposit was $300/line for 3 lines! $900!! He didn't have much of a commission check that month...
vocalist

Jan 11, 2009, 10:29 AM
So I retail VZW, AT&T, and T-Mobile.

A co-worker recently sold 6 FlexPay annual contracts for T-Mobile, 4 to one customer and 2 to another.

***For those who don't know what FlexPay is - FlexPay is a program for people with less than perfect credit. You pick a normal rate plan, but you pay for your first month before activation, and you pay retail price for the phone. Any data must be bought and paid for before use, since you're paying for everything in advance. It is impossible to go over your minutes because you paid for them already, so once you're done, you're done. However, you can add more just like a prepaid.

Anyway, so my co-worker sells all 6 phones and 2 year pricing. 4 of the phones were the new Samsung Behold. Total pri...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.