Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

employer internet blocks.

SS EarlGoodman

Dec 15, 2008, 7:19 PM
Does anybody know of any websites that are not blocked by your company, as much as i love phonescoop and gsmarena, they are getting a little too familiar and i want to find something else to occupy my time at work 😁
vzwilman

Dec 15, 2008, 7:20 PM
gl my company has blocked everything but the kitchen sink lol
SS EarlGoodman

Dec 15, 2008, 7:22 PM
Doh! 😲 There must be something else!
vzwilman

Dec 15, 2008, 7:27 PM
that is why I use my cell as my internet loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool 🙂
Nadesico81

Dec 17, 2008, 2:39 AM
try CNN.com lol 😁
uscellagent22

Dec 18, 2008, 3:24 PM
I use bored.com! 👀
IrishCarBomb

Dec 15, 2008, 7:35 PM
It is usually not possible to get around a work based firewall, especially since your computer is likely networked through the server, and the server itself is likely where the firwall is originating at.

You can try phonearena.com too, crackberry.com (and the other sites in it's family for WinMo, iPhone, etc, links at the bottom of the homepage), xda-developers.com, engadget.com, and so forth, drawing a blank...
tanya_ATT

Dec 15, 2008, 8:26 PM
i am free to roam about the net.. sry..

i have all access at work.. 😉
vzwilman

Dec 15, 2008, 8:27 PM
meanie I going to steal ur severs 😈 😈
tanya_ATT

Dec 15, 2008, 9:04 PM
haha.. no.. that wont happen! 🤣
SimOrMsn

Dec 15, 2008, 8:51 PM
https://air-proxy.com/ » Then surf to your hearts content
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 15, 2008, 9:38 PM
i work at a premium retailer.... i'm not even sure my bosses know how to block stuff and even if they did i could get around it cuz im a computer geek. thats what i do. 😁

but even so, find out if you are allowed to bring a laptop to work - a lot of times the blocking is even done right in the computer settings, like the host file or something.
jeffatt

Dec 16, 2008, 11:37 AM
I just posted this in another thread, but it actually has more relevance here.

(c & p)

My favorite part of working where I do (indirect AT&T agent)? The owner of our little chain (about 10 stores) is too cheap to use any sort of software or anything restricting internet access.

My co-workers and I spend much of the slow days surfing the web & watching TV/movies online. Just make sure to clear the history every night!
Menno

Dec 16, 2008, 1:19 PM
We can get to Engadget, Here, Howard forums, and that's about it.
silvabullit

Dec 16, 2008, 10:15 PM
we have some sonic wall BS...but i just tether my BB and voila!! 🤣
devilsmafia

Dec 17, 2008, 10:07 AM
I'm free to roam the world wide web here. My manager did something to the computer to get us around the internet blocks and whatnot. not sure what he did but it's great. just gotta be sure we clear the history file every night before we leave.
WhoDey

Dec 17, 2008, 7:30 PM
nfl.com
phonearea.com
blackberrycool.com
gizmodo.com
cnn.com
yahoo.com
cnet.com

Im drawing a blank, but when we find new ones, we make a note on a list.. not sure where the list is right now though.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.