Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Yeah, because that's how it works...

kapwww

Dec 8, 2008, 5:00 PM
Just had some teenage girl come in all ticked off because she set her bag down somewhere and it got stolen. She came flying through the door screaming that she needed her phone "GPSed" right away so she could catch the guy who took it.

I told her that we couldn't track the phone but she should have the account holder call in ASAP to suspend service.

She continues to scream that she wants a manager because "managers can do whatever you idiots can't". I explained that our manager can't just push magic buttons and locate her phone either.

She couldn't verify anything about the account other than her phone number and being indirect, I can't suspend a line or view the account without some verification. I offered my store phone for...
(continues)
tanya_ATT

Dec 8, 2008, 5:03 PM
ditto! 😁
jwonchalk

Dec 9, 2008, 9:34 AM
I bet she was a little rich girl 🤣
CellularHolocaust

Dec 8, 2008, 6:02 PM
You continued to try and assist her after she called you an idiot because?
kapwww

Dec 8, 2008, 7:31 PM
Didn't want other customers in the store to see my kick her in the head.
Menno

Dec 8, 2008, 6:39 PM
I really love it when they complain about about the security features we have in place and how they are "inconvenient."

Do they just want us to do anything for someone just because they have a phone number? I don't want someone walking into a store claiming to be me and adding 5 new lines, I'm happy it's difficult for them and that is worth remembering the last 4 and a password (if I made one)
Butthead007

Dec 8, 2008, 9:34 PM
Stop being so difficult with customers. You know damn well you can look up everything and can locate that phone....... 😲

/me runs
kapwww

Dec 9, 2008, 7:39 PM
I wish we had an animated smiley that was giving another smiley a good strong back hand to the face or a swift kick to the groin. 😈
jonnygee007

Dec 9, 2008, 9:22 AM
Thats crazy things like that make our jobs interesting... I had a similar situation where an woman can in and was like. I lost my phone i need you to track it for me because it has GPS. I was like thats not what GPS is for. If you are missing along with the phone then the cops can track you using the GPS we dont have a magical system that tracks phones on a radar. She said it was crap and Im not doing anything to help her, So i put her on with CS and they broke it down to her..
beergirl

Dec 10, 2008, 10:16 AM
At the same time, though, I had a phone stolen and called it. The moron answered and I told him I was activating the GPS on it (which we all know is complete bull). I said that if he brought it back, I wouldn't press charges, but if he didn't, then the police were to be notified and the GPS would be activated. He brought it back to me at work. It was a crappy phone that I had that didn't even have GPS, let alone a camera or internal antenna, but it was still kind of the point.
BLEDSOE

Dec 10, 2008, 10:22 AM
that is awesome!! love the people fall for that.

My husband lost his phone and we can log onto our account online to see if there has been any usage. There had been to some of the same people my husband knows. When he asked them about it they all denied knowing who had the phone. He said no biggie but in order to do an ins claim he would have to inform the police to file a report and since they had been called/ txt msged the police would be in contact. Mere 2 hrs later a friend of a friend called and said he had it....he only took it because he thought it was someone elses. WHAT?? You stole the phone because you thought it was someone elses...would they not care? Whatever THIEF....haha
beergirl

Dec 10, 2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah. Most people are idiots. They have no idea how the system works.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.