Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

you guys are 3rd party right??

wizardofCroz

Dec 5, 2008, 11:09 AM
Lady walks in, wants to no-install. Ok fine.
she says "I wanna go back to sprint so i can talk to my daughter for free". (first of all why leave sprint in the first place? She met some guy from Texas on myspace and wanted to talk to him, but of course those never work out)

C: I want to switch back to sprint

Me: K...

C: Go ahead, switch my phone back to sprint.

Me: Sprint would have to do that, and it would require return of equipment in like-new condition.

C: No, you can do that. All i wanna do is use this phone with sprint. You guys are 3rd party right? So you deal with sprint, nextel, ver...

Me: (deciding whether to explain the whole GSM, CDMA, iDEN ideas, or laugh this lady out of the store) We're only ATT, not Verizo...
(continues)
Menno

Dec 5, 2008, 12:03 PM
Glad I'm not the only one who see's this.

We even had a lady cancel her port in (after we spent an hour on the phone with our tech support and the other companies support trying to see why it wouldn't work) because her phones charging port was broken so we couldn't get her contacts into her new phone.

We're a premium retailer, exclusively for verizon. I'm still amazed by how many people come in here looking for advice on their s[print/nextel/att phone and then get pissed at us when we can't look up their accounts.
ajlineman

Dec 5, 2008, 1:56 PM
Wow that's rich. I've had people call me (AT&T call center) and claim that I can help them with other services before. Similar to the original post I always debate about trying to explain the impossiblities of us being "3rd party".
I guess since AT&T is now AT&T and formally Cingular and god only knows how many other companies, people just assume we sell everyone's stuff.

*P.S. If anyone (Saint Patrick) replies and tells me exactly how many companies AT&T actually took over during the merger... its likely I'll cyber-slap you.
Tmo Slave

Dec 5, 2008, 2:30 PM
At&t took over verizon, sprint, nextel, virgin mobile, alltel, and boost mobile in the merger you just didn't want to help that person. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿคฃ
wizardofCroz

Dec 5, 2008, 2:33 PM
Exactly. All i had to do was change into my sprint uniform, hit a button so everything that says ATT flipped over to say Sprint, pop the ATT sim out, put the sprint sim in, and she's ready to go!!! ๐Ÿ˜
custservguru

Dec 5, 2008, 2:52 PM
Actually, Sprint doesn't have sim cards with the exception of the few international phones we have.....no wonder you can't help Sprint customers! LOL ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคฃ
wizardofCroz

Dec 6, 2008, 2:41 PM
Nextel has sim cards, thats kinda where i was going since they merged
wizardofCroz

Dec 5, 2008, 2:01 PM
C: Just need to add some minutes to my boost mobile phone

M: We're ATT

C: yeah they took over boost

M: ๐Ÿ˜ก
CellularHolocaust

Dec 5, 2008, 3:56 PM
wizardofCroz said:
We're only ATT, not Verizon, not Sprint, just ATT. You'd have to go to a Sprint store, and you wouldn't be able to keep your number if you want to cancel within 30 days.

She can keep her number whenever the hell she wants as long as it is ported back.
ajlineman

Dec 5, 2008, 4:00 PM
He speaks the truth. AT&T doesn't prevent port outs, as long as the other carrier sees the number as "eligible"
wizardofCroz

Dec 5, 2008, 6:08 PM
Its not whether ATT would prevent it, its whether sprint keeps that number available. If sprint doesn't keep that number, and she no-installs with ATT, her number is lost.
CellularHolocaust

Dec 5, 2008, 6:39 PM
First of all I don't remember her mentioning her providor. Second of all Sprint can't keep it IF the account pin/passcode and account number provided to the new carrier are correct. It's an automated process as far as I am aware.
ajlineman

Dec 5, 2008, 6:43 PM
It is an automated process and he's right. As soon as it was ported over to a different carrier it becomes their number, and if they choose to port again, no big, it should go through as long as the new carrier recognizes it as "Eligible"
CellularHolocaust

Dec 5, 2008, 6:51 PM
If you're trying to port from Sprint without the pin sometimes it doesn't go through.
Butthead007

Dec 5, 2008, 7:47 PM
SO if the process is automated, why am I stuck in a backroom with a port-a-potty and a stack of papers for port requests? This sucks....

(I am kidding)

It's pretty much automated with the correct information including pin numbers.
wizardofCroz

Dec 6, 2008, 2:35 PM
CellularHolocaust said:
First of all I don't remember her mentioning her providor.

Did you forget to read the original post? ๐Ÿคจ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.