Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Please Don't Misunderstand

Azeron

Dec 5, 2008, 3:04 AM
I get this email from a co-worker gloating about AT&T laying off 12,000 employees. My first response was "are these landline or wireless jobs?" She did not respond. So I had to get home and research it and I find that they are indeed landline not wireless job cuts. Is anyone really surprised? There is a reason why Deutch Telekom refuses to sell TMobile USA and Vodaphone will not sell its interest in Verizon Wireless. Wireless is profitable and landline is a dying dinosaur. I know two people who have landline phone service. The same thing which makes AT&T's marketing simple will confuse some people when bad news is reported. AT&T is a brand and there are different sectors which fall under that umbrella. The same article reports that...
(continues)
JesusSaves

Dec 5, 2008, 7:45 AM
"My first response was "are these landline or wireless jobs?""

My first response is "How horrible so close to Christmas." To me it matters not landline or wireless. Although landline IS more understandable.
Azeron

Dec 5, 2008, 8:58 AM
It matters to me because the whole point of the email was some chest thumping by a fellow employee at a rival (of AT&T Mobility) carrier. It was emailed to my entire training team so when I get back to work there will be tweny plus responses co-signing the email and talking about how luck we are to be employed there. We ARE fortunate to have our jobs, surely, but it is a mistake to act as though AT&T landline employees being laid off is one more reason to be thankful. That is what I am thinking about. Is it sad this close to Christmas? Surely. But both my parents have now been laid off (my dad the Tuesday before Thanksgivings and my mother the at the beginning of November). I am not surprised that anyone is being laid off. This is on...
(continues)
JesusSaves

Dec 6, 2008, 4:59 PM
Nah...just get a bail out. 🤣
Btw I was just kidding on the previous sentence

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.