Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Any Sprint employees here at PS want to comment?

Saint.Patrick

Nov 29, 2008, 7:42 AM
A lawsuit against Sprint was given class-action status on Monday after being filed in Kansas in February. The lawsuit alleges that a technical glitch in Sprint's computer system caused some sales to be unreported, thereby cheating retail sales employees out of commissions of US$100 to $500 per month.

Sprint has stated that it is disappointed that the suit received class-action status, and says that it remains committed to ensuring that all employees are paid any commission to which they are entitled. The total damages claimed in the lawsuit are over $5 million.

http://sprintconnection.kansascity.com/?q=node/881 »
llama

Nov 29, 2008, 9:43 AM
I wonder what RayCarroll70 would have thought about this. I know he was a die hard Sprint fan-boy and would never say anything bad against them. But when the company dips into his moneypot, I'm sure his tune would change. Too bad he's not around any longer.
Saint.Patrick

Nov 29, 2008, 9:54 AM
All I can say is computers are not infallible. Remember the Y2k glitch? I feel disappointed in the Sprint employees who brought the suit to light. If they had not done so, the retail employees affected should have pursued the issue through internal channels first. What ever happened to the chain of command?
IrishCarBomb

Nov 29, 2008, 10:04 AM
What? Do you honestly think they hadn't pursued the internal channels first? Even if they just lawyered up, thats the first thing a lawyer would do... "Hey, lets keep this out of court, your computer glitched and short changed my client commission. What? You don't want to pay?"... And that is exactly how that went down.

Sprint blew it big time here! They could have kept this out of the courts, and there is no reason it should be in the courts, except Sprint blew it! Seriously, they already admitted culpability, so why not pay up? Why not make good and pay what is owed?

To say it is the Sprint employees you are disappointed with is very baffling and disconcerning.
Saint.Patrick

Nov 29, 2008, 12:35 PM
Oh no, tell me you didn't go there.
Chobee

Nov 29, 2008, 2:22 PM
Doesn't supprise me. I work for Sprint and realized a long time ago that Sprint, as a company, doesn't care about me. The company has been trying to cut corners as much as they could get away with. There have been many times that I didn't get my commission OR my overtime like I should have. I finnally raised such a fuss that they have fixed it for me anyway. Even now I'll get a small deposit ($6, $30, $80) from a couple of months back for my comm or OT.
Butthead007

Nov 29, 2008, 11:32 PM
Saint Patrick needs a serious reality check
Saint.Patrick

Dec 1, 2008, 8:47 AM
I already cashed my reality check and ran South of the Border with it. đŸ¤Ŗ
cookiesandcreme69

Nov 30, 2008, 4:07 PM
This belongs in the Sprint forum. Second off this was not to be disclosed to the public and was only for Sprint employees to know about in case they feel they still hadn't been paid in full. Thank you for being such a valuable member to the team. 🙄
Ghosthendrikson

Nov 30, 2008, 4:48 PM
1) This involves Sprint EMPLOYEES, so it is just fine here in Shop Talk.

2) A Class Action lawsuit is a matter of public law. No keeping that information as confidential.

3) There is no I in team, but then again the TEAM isn't paying my mortage now is it?
cookiesandcreme69

Nov 30, 2008, 5:08 PM
1) This was sent out to JUST Sprint employees and only affects SPRINT employees. Therefore SPRINT forum.

2) There was a second email sent out saying that this was not to be discussed to the public or to the media because Sprint did not want to go public with this.

3) đŸ¤Ŗ Agreed!
computerking

Dec 1, 2008, 10:24 AM
Second off this was not to be disclosed to the public and was only for Sprint employees to know about in case they feel they still hadn't been paid in full.

Did you not read the WHOLE original post? Or bother to follow the link provided? This information was posted on another private website so it looks like someone else has already made it public.

Besides if its in a class action status then its already public record anyway.
cookiesandcreme69

Dec 1, 2008, 10:42 AM
It was probably posted on the other website by the same tool who posted it in here. And yes you do know who I am and I'm disappointed that you did not completely read all of the post either. ☚ī¸
Saint.Patrick

Dec 1, 2008, 1:58 PM
BTW, the article at the Sprint Connections section was written by Jason Gertzen of The Kansas City Star not Saint Patrick of the Emerald Isles. 😎
Saint.Patrick

Dec 1, 2008, 1:37 PM
I hate to say it, but this information is not proprietary nor confidential. If you go over to http://www.kansascity.com, you'll see there is a URL to the Sprint Connection section considering Sprint Nextel is one of the largest employees of the city. BTW cookiesandcreme69, Shop Talk is where retail people can discuss topics related to their positions. My topic on hand does effect retail Sprint employees and I was just trying to get reponses to it from those Sprint employees who frequent PS and yes, this thread is posted at the Sprint forums too.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.