Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Does anyone here slam?

jlperez11

Nov 24, 2008, 3:30 PM
I have a coworker who loves to slam customers....and i don't mean like a soft gentle pick up slight drop off, i mean like a full blown do you know how to text wam bam you have unlimited text and you dont even know it.......thats the slam king for ya
Darkwingduk

Nov 24, 2008, 3:33 PM
I wish I could do that cause Id be making some money but I have a problem selling unlimited text packages to 92 year old women that cant figure out how to turn the phone on haha. Your coworker is a grade-ASS salesman. His/her checks are bigger then mine though so more power to 'em.
moemoe26

Nov 24, 2008, 3:34 PM
I CAN SLAM DOWN DONUGHTS 🙂
custservguru

Nov 24, 2008, 5:43 PM
So, basically, he/she is adding a plan that the customer does not know is being added? If this is the case, this is the reason why store reps as well as brave csr reps are hated. I'm not picking on just one kind either. I know both ends are responsible for doing this. I would love to kill people like that for making my life hell having to listen to customers B@tch about things being added without thier permission...

Then again, if he/she is just that brilliant in getting someone to add something they normally wouldn't add.. Props to them. I never was that good at selling when i was in customer care. Thank God for advanced tech support. I don't have to sell crap. 😁
Kyoichi

Nov 24, 2008, 5:55 PM
Here at telesales we call them cramming. Slams are those when they are given additional lines on their account without them fully knowing about it. But those cases are instant tickets to unemployment. ☚ī¸
kapwww

Nov 24, 2008, 11:45 PM
I hired a guy once who had previous wireless experience. We trained him but didn't say NOT to slam people because we just figured he wasn't that dumb.

After he worked there for a few weeks, we started getting tons of calls and were able to put it all together. I talked to him and he claimed that that's how he was trained at his old company. They said that all of the features that the phone was capable of had to be added to the account.

When we told him he should suggest the features and try to sell/convince the customer why they needed them, he gave us a dumb look. We explained that even if he added, if the customer took them off within 6 months, he would lose the money anyhow, so sell legitimate.

After putting him back in ...
(continues)
Nadesico81

Nov 25, 2008, 3:07 AM
I once had a coworker who would slam customers left and right. In the span of six months he had a 1 in 35 wireless hit rate. Once Verizon and RS found out they charged back each and every sale back to the store then the DM charged the spiffs back to him. Needless to say he did not get paied for a few weeks.

There is a reason why most providers charge back if the customer removes a feture with in six months. I honestly think it should be three but thanks to slamers its six.

Slaming does not pay in the end the slamers will get whats comeing to them.
anarchy

Nov 25, 2008, 8:20 PM
I thought this was a thread about heroin...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.