Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

No we don't have holiday minutes...

khrispii

Nov 15, 2008, 12:15 AM
I am so tired of people calling in to AT&T each holiday and asking if their minutes are free on holidays. They aren't. If the holiday is on a weekday it uses your minutes.

Do you call the bank and ask them if they have holiday money?

Oh wait. You probably do.
OfAMightDivine

Nov 15, 2008, 1:01 AM
Some carriers used to offer free holiday minutes.

I know it's annoying though. It's still about half the calls we'll get on a holiday if to ask that question. They should just put it on the recording when you call and you can't get to a rep unless you listen to the whole thing.
Pious Goddess

Nov 15, 2008, 10:44 AM
I like the idea of "having to listen" to the whole recording. Maybe people will stop getting pissed when I tell them certain trouble shooting steps require them to be off the phone, even though the recording tells them to.
ajstrong

Nov 15, 2008, 11:35 AM
verizon has that option to listen to, but you can get past it easily.
dalily21

Nov 15, 2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah vzw has that in the automated systems yet customers still go thru it and ask cs if there are free minutes on the holidays
computerking

Nov 15, 2008, 10:08 AM
😁 of course around every holiday they have a recording at the beginning of each call to USCC that *blank* holiday is counted as weekend or off peak minutes and will not be counted against your anytime minutes.
PhonemanJ

Nov 15, 2008, 12:31 PM
A lot of ATT's long time customers (I mean back in the analog days) remember that their unlimited minutes were for nights, weekends and holidays. Admittedly that changed probably 10 years ago, but that was part of their very old rate plans.
Nehemiah7

Nov 15, 2008, 12:47 PM
lol thats great I haven't came with a customer asking for that, i kind of wish i had one so i can laugh at him 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.