Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

for those of you in call centers..

IntheSouth

Oct 29, 2008, 7:23 PM
First I should start by saying that I am a hispanic. But still.. it gets very ANNOYING!! and alittle old too.. ANYWHO!
i work at a call center and take english and spanish calls.. when the call comes in it tells you "spanish customer" or "english customer".. It REALLY gets on my nerves when the call comes in as an english cusotmer.. you say your greeting in yes..ENGLISH!! and the cusotmer starts teling you this long ass story in SPANISH!! like if they expect everyone in AMERICA!! to speak spanish!! it really p***es me off!. Like what the hell? ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
sometimes i "pretend" like i dont speak spanish and after they finish their long rant, i say.. "Im sorry, I did not understand you. Do you need a SPANISH cusotmer service representative?" ...
(continues)
T-Monster

Oct 29, 2008, 7:28 PM
I can relate in some sense. I don't work at a call center, rather a kiosk in a mall. 80% of the time when someone who speaks only spanish walks up, they'll ask if we speak spanish. I know very little, which I tell them. "Muy muy pocito" (sorry if i spelled that wrong ๐Ÿคญ ) Once they hear that, they start rambling in spansih like they expect me, who they know to speak very very little spanish, to keep up. Do they think I'm lieing to them? WTF!?!?!?
IntheSouth

Oct 29, 2008, 7:30 PM
man i dont understand cusotmers sometimes.. well it must be more frustrating when you have them face to face.. but STILL. AHHHHH!! when will they learn?! ๐Ÿ˜•
erc

Oct 29, 2008, 7:38 PM
America has no national language.
IntheSouth

Oct 29, 2008, 7:57 PM
well i understand that.. but that doesnt mean that they should expect everyone to speak their language. they could atleat ask "speak spanish" or "hablas espanol" before just assuming. most english only reps understand "hablas espanol".. i think. ๐Ÿ˜•
metalsmokearsenal

Oct 29, 2008, 8:08 PM
good call! ๐Ÿ˜
IntheSouth

Oct 29, 2008, 8:27 PM
๐Ÿ˜
PhonemanJ

Oct 30, 2008, 1:43 PM
Usually, when a Hispanic customer comes in and asks "Habla Espanol" I reply in English "very little", and usually we are able to communicate ok. If I respond in Spanish, the customer immediately starts to speak in Spanish so rapidly that I don't know how other Spanish speaking people can understand them.
IntheSouth

Oct 30, 2008, 1:54 PM
my point is that most people dont ask if you do or dont speak spanish.. thats my point. they just assume. ๐Ÿคจ
parkaydj

Nov 2, 2008, 8:59 PM
Yes and they need to fix that.
20momof3

Oct 30, 2008, 3:24 PM
It can be very frustrating when someone assumes that you speak the same language as they do...I work in a call center and when customers call in and start speaking spanish (or anything other than english for that matter) I ask them if they can speak/understand english. If not I get them over the the spanish queue or get a translator on the line...but in any event a lot of times it can cause a headache. ๐Ÿ‘€
Nehemiah7

Nov 1, 2008, 11:16 AM
That's pretty annoying. I also take both calls I hate it when it says it's an english call I do the greeting and everything and the customer has a hispanic last name and speak really bad english, the automated system says if you want spanish or english!!!!
IntheSouth

Nov 1, 2008, 4:41 PM
EXACTLY!! geez people are dumb. ๐Ÿ™„

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.