Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Bye Bye Agent World

UOQuack

Oct 24, 2008, 10:42 AM
Today is my last day as a manager for an AT&T agent! I love my bosses and my job, but I've got a way better opportunity going over to AT&T Corporate side, so I start training Monday in Raleigh NC. Woop! Wish me luck everyone!

🙂
devilsmafia

Oct 24, 2008, 10:45 AM
Lucky bastard 😁

i've been trying to get out of the agent side for awhile now without any luck.
KingTiger

Oct 27, 2008, 11:07 AM
heck yeah, congratulations! 😁 I'd take working in corporate over working for an agent any day.
erc

Oct 27, 2008, 12:08 PM
"born" and "raised" corperate. Couldn't imagine going to an agent.

We look down on you commoners. 😛
Jrockemsockem

Oct 27, 2008, 1:11 PM
I work for an att agent now and was just wondering by all the comments why working for a corp store is so much better? Do i need to make the switch?? Dont know much about corp stores!
devilsmafia

Oct 27, 2008, 1:58 PM
In most cases the pay is much better. I work for a Verizon indirect and I recently interviewed for a verizon corporate position. I found out that the base pay for corporate is much higher than the base pay I recieve now. Plus you'll have much more business and more opportunities to make sales which will lead to higher commission checks. The benefits are probably better too in most cases.
erc

Oct 27, 2008, 5:08 PM
That's the big thing. I make enough in my commission to pay rent+utilites+car payment, and still get a better regular salary than I'd ever had.

I also get paid time off, which is transferable. Solid benifits for cheap and tuition reimbursement up to 5000 a semester free unlimited everything plans, and up to 10 additional lines for friends and family at discounted rates. It rocks. 😎
Jrockemsockem

Oct 27, 2008, 5:29 PM
Is this with At&t ??
erc

Oct 27, 2008, 5:44 PM
No I do not work with AT&T but I had a friend who worked the same position as me for them, and he said the benifits and pay were similar, and even tried recruiting me a few times. From my understanding, all the major corperate stores are pretty similar in how your treated.
devilsmafia

Oct 27, 2008, 5:55 PM
I also interviewed for a corporate At&t position and found that thier base pay is very similar to that of VZW's although thier commission scales are different.
erc

Oct 27, 2008, 6:04 PM
Pretty much, and I'm sure Sprint is much different from both, now that our customer service surveys count for the largest chunk of our commission.
KingTiger

Oct 28, 2008, 1:17 PM
Besides pay & benefits, it's better because you have more tools, (usually) more access, & more accurate & up-to-date info. I worked for an Alltel agent and although we were the "premier" agent & got very nice treatment from Alltel corporate, we were still out of the loop a lot of times.
lxav06

Oct 29, 2008, 6:27 PM
i got into corp ATT quick, verizon on the other hand a lot more tough, i worked for sprint direct also. if t mo offers a good pay i will jump ship.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.