Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

AT&T for alltell

dxniel

Oct 8, 2008, 4:41 PM
idk how ppl confuse the names so much its annoying. ill be talk to them and stuff "well with AT&T..." then i get "oh this aint alltell"
wtf ppl for real
OfAMightDivine

Oct 8, 2008, 11:06 PM
You must be new.
dxniel

Oct 9, 2008, 1:36 PM
not really...i been around and been hearing it alot its jus annoying figured id share u cool with that?
BigShowJB

Oct 9, 2008, 10:22 AM
didn't you know? ATT bought out alltel about 3 years ago, the same time Sprint bought ATT and VERizon bought nextel, and just before T-Mobile and Nextel merged.

Yes I have heard all these.

my favorite one is "When is the merger between ATT and Sprint going to be finalized?"
JesusSaves

Oct 10, 2008, 12:32 PM
And be call Sprint ATT
cellularconnection

Oct 9, 2008, 10:45 AM
I love it when people call up asking me if we sell Go phones.

Me: No, I'm sorry sir, we sell Verizon exclusively. Are you interested in InPulse?

Customer: I know yous is a verizon store, but I thought maybe you had go phones.

Me: Go phones are ATT phones sir, Verizon's prepaid phone service is called In Pulse.

Customer: Oh.. Well can you answer a couple of questions about the Go Phone?

Me: I'm sorry sir, I'm not familiar with that program because it's ATT. If you want, I can tell you about inpulse, or tell you where the nearest ATT retailer is for you.

Customer: So yous don't have no Go phones?

Me: NO sir, just verizon phones.

-Click-
ACSlater

Oct 10, 2008, 10:13 AM
I work in an AT&T store that for years was an Alltel store.

We opened this store about 2 years ago, but everyday somebody still comes in and either gives us an Alltel number and then get pissy when they realize we aren't alltel, or they walk in and hand us a phone they need help with and has alltel branding. But the best are when they try to convince ME that AT&T bought Alltel.

"Well yalls got the same colors and everything, and I know yalls mergin so fix my phone."

Dumb.
dxniel

Oct 10, 2008, 11:42 AM
ACSlater said:
"Well yalls got the same colors and everything, and I know yalls mergin so fix my phone."

wow aint eva heard that one
MildManneredClarkGrunion

Oct 10, 2008, 11:12 AM
when Cingular was still around.

I've got one of dem US Cingular One phones, where can i get that fixed? ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคจ
BLEDSOE

Oct 10, 2008, 11:38 AM
at the us cingular one store....not sure where it is..i have heard of it...but the inbreeding might mean that it did not live very long.
rhi_nan

Oct 10, 2008, 11:29 AM
i feel your pain. I work for US Cellular and the only other carrier in my town is Centennial. So I get U.S. Centennial and sometimes Centellular. ๐Ÿคฃ

but most of the time they come in and want to pay a bill and hand me a big wad of bill with Centennial stamped right there on the corner of each page. These people should not be allowed to have cell phones. ๐Ÿ˜›

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.