Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

please teach customers about there phones!

a10aries

Sep 30, 2008, 2:29 PM
So I manage cellairis, which is a cell phone accessory store in the mall. And it seems funny to me how many people don't know there phones at all! This is how a normal conversation goes with a customer..

Cust: Do you have anything for my phone?

Me: I might, what phone do you have?

Cust: its a T-mobile

Me: ok..which one?

Cust: the one that flips open

Me: well they have a few of those, do you have it with you?

Cust: no its at home, but it has a camera.

Me: do you know the model number?

Cust: no, but its black and my phone number is XXX XXX XXXX

Ok first of all, how the hell is a phone number going to help me? and secondly, they really think that each phone company only has one flip phone, they just don't get it. a...
(continues)
ajstrong

Sep 30, 2008, 2:32 PM
๐Ÿคฃ

good luck. The general population is getting dumberer by the minute.
sevikath

Sep 30, 2008, 2:42 PM
๐Ÿ‘€
a10aries

Sep 30, 2008, 2:43 PM
This is sadly true...people are getting more and more dumb
robtheman

Sep 30, 2008, 2:56 PM
I'll be sure to stamp it right next to their newly acquired mushroom tattoo.
cellularconnection

Sep 30, 2008, 3:02 PM
It doesn't matter. You can spend over an hour with a customer getting them used to a phone, but that doesn't mean they'll remember what you said.
kapwww

Sep 30, 2008, 4:58 PM
Sadly, that's one of the truest statements. People practice selective listening. They are thinking about what happy meal to get at McDonalds and how much their kids are annoying them while they are asking questions. They don't retain.
Gipsyqueen

Jan 24, 2009, 7:22 PM
I work for Asurion and I encounter this daily. Keep in mind that we can see the model that the customer has on file, so it makes it easier, but if they changed models recently it will pick up the old model, or not show a phone model and then I get the same.. "it's a flip phone" response. It's a hassle because I have to transfer them to Verizon to get this information and they get upset because I should know what model they have. ๐Ÿคจ
jeffatt

Jan 24, 2009, 7:51 PM
So true. It doesn't matter how many times you tell them about prorated charges, activation fees, termination fees, return processes...they don't care. They just know that they want a phone and want it for free.
jeffatt

Jan 24, 2009, 7:51 PM
lol...just noticed the date...WTF!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.