Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

WTF!!!!

biggene

Sep 30, 2008, 12:18 PM
Customer calls into my department he has a HTC Diamond that is maybe 6 weeks old.

ME=ok sir what seems to be the issue with your device,

Cust- "after 10 min of babbling" I got paint on the screen and when I got the paint off the screen was all cloudy.

Me- Im so sorry to hear that, now what did you use to get the paint off...

Cust- ACETONE!!!!!!!

(in my head i say DUMBASS)

Me- Um sir I do see that you have insurance and we can get the insurance company on the phone and get your device replaced.

Cust- I called them they want F**** $50 for a new one.

Me- Yes sir thats what insurance is, if you did not have insurance it would cost you 599.99 for anew Diamond.

Cust-no it wouldn't I have a contract you would have...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Sep 30, 2008, 12:24 PM
Have a backbone. You can't stand getting yelled at by a moron?
ajstrong

Sep 30, 2008, 12:25 PM
sooooo, you enabled stupidity.

I'm not a call center rep, so I can't speak to what horrors y'all go through on a daily basis, so don't spike me on that.

All I can relte to is the stupidity enabling; I make it a point to go over fees, and if the cust is too stupid to understand, they're too stupid. Either way, IMO, you made it 100 times harder on the next rep he calls when he gets PAINT on that phone. or drops it in the pooper. or gives it to fido for a chew toy since "you would have to give it to me for free"
biggene

Sep 30, 2008, 12:30 PM
LOl,

Don't really care about the next rep... I got him off my phone to get to the next call. so I can make some money. I don't mind enabling stupidity if it helps put money in my pocket.

Look at the stupidity I'm enabling with this thread!!!!!!

In all honesty, if I would have argued any more he would have asked for a sup and my dumbass sup would have told me to do exactly what I did. So instead of wasting 40 min on a call. I took care of it in about 12 min.
rhi_nan

Sep 30, 2008, 12:36 PM
Now he expects everything for nothing... good job. Now you're going to have to deal with him again next time he makes a stupid move like that. Have fun.
cellularconnection

Sep 30, 2008, 1:08 PM
In line with this, did he get your name? because if he did you can bet He'll be asking for you the next time he calls up.

I understand wanting to get someone out the door. But The problem is that he WILL destroy another phone and he WILL make a claim and he'll demand it for free because that's what you gave him last time. Most importantly, This is the sort of thing he'll tell his buddies. If customers know that if they complain enough the'll get their way, why in the world will they bother reading the ToS in the first place?

I Really hope that you at least told him this was a one time Waiver and he would have to pay the deductible if he wanted to make another claim. I've helped customers who got their way with phone support, and th...
(continues)
biggene

Sep 30, 2008, 2:45 PM
Of course I told him that this was a one time offer. I also put a high priority note on the account. Stating he knows how the insurance works and that there is a deductible.
OfAMightDivine

Sep 30, 2008, 2:52 PM
Like that even matters. Someone else will cave in to him because that's what most people in the Industry are good for.
ralph_on_me

Sep 30, 2008, 2:12 PM
Bitch at him all you want, but he's actually right. His sup would've caved. What's the point of having a spine if your boss is a total vag.
UOQuack

Oct 1, 2008, 10:12 AM
Although I'd like to rip on you for setting future reps up for problem calls with this customer, I have to give you props for your honesty. I wonder if you'd have done the same thing if you knew that customer would be able to reach you each and every time he called in.
dshearn

Sep 30, 2008, 12:54 PM
I guess he was right....

he had a contract....and you WOULD give him one for free.
TacTiqs

Sep 30, 2008, 1:19 PM
😳 thanks to your decision, this customer STILL thinks he can get a free phone from insurance.

Nice going there, buddy!
T-Mob

Sep 30, 2008, 4:33 PM
I am a Supervisor in a call center. There is no way in hell I would have caved like this. This is an example of one of the biggest problems in the industry and a prime display of what is wrong with the American public.
kapwww

Sep 30, 2008, 4:49 PM
AMEN! Reps like that need to get some effin sand where it counts. Grow a pair. Stand up for the rules. Don't let these people win!
OfAMightDivine

Oct 1, 2008, 10:13 AM
Are you a real Supervisor, or really just an Escalations rep?
T-Mob

Oct 1, 2008, 2:27 PM
No, the real thing. Have about 25 salespeople on my team. Escalations reps are the ones that usually give away the farm anyway. I do understand though. If I got yelled at 8 hours a day I might cave a time or to myself.
OfAMightDivine

Oct 1, 2008, 10:37 PM
Cool. I'm a Supervisor too, with 19 under my belt. We're not Sales though, just regular Customer Service. I know what you mean about the Escalations reps though. I used to be part of their team way back when.

I don't mind if they give the customer what they want, but I hate it when they just give the customer what they want, and make my reps look bad, and it just wasted 30 minutes of MY teams call time, not theirs.
Nadesico81

Oct 1, 2008, 3:20 AM
Good job for giveing good customer service. However you should of explained to him that your waiveing the fee since your a nice guy and loves his customers.

God help that guy the next time he paints his phone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.