Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Rude Customers...

the Communist Manifesto

Sep 30, 2008, 12:11 AM
...Is a fact of working in wireless. How many of you would treat them differently if YOU owned the company? 😈
commiestar69

Sep 30, 2008, 1:25 PM
if i owned a company, i would totally give my employees permission to call the cust a ass and cancel there account if they saw fit!
cellularconnection

Sep 30, 2008, 1:40 PM
And you would be Bankrupt within a year 😉

I agree that the current policy of giving the customer whatever they want no matter what isn't a good one, but neither is treating them poorly.

As for me, I would make sure that all my employees told the customers in no uncertain terms what to expect with their contract/phone/warranty and then get everything in writing so if a customer tried getting their way on something, the would see where they signed stating they understood the terms of the agreement and accepted them.

I make it a personal policy to make exceptions for nice customers, not rude ones.
dshearn

Sep 30, 2008, 1:46 PM
yea....

i work for a smaller regional carrier, we blow the big boys out the water on price...hence...we have 20 reps in our store and still have a 40 mins wait.

We actually had to stop doing pre-paid phones becuase of the customer base
cellularconnection

Sep 30, 2008, 3:53 PM
Right, but how is your reception?

We have a local carrier around here that a lot of people are leaving because 30% of their calls won't go through, and the ones that do work are often dropped because the carrier is so barebones on plan rates that they have next to no money to invest in towers.

Some local carriers are great, don't get me wrong. I used to have one when I first got a phone because of the price. But then I went to school out of state. For people who only work/relax/live in the area covered by the carrier, local plans are great.

But price isn't king, convenience is. What is your retention rate on customers upgrading? And how many non-basic plans would you think you would have?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.