Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

Agent Line... worth the trouble??

rhi_nan

Sep 27, 2008, 3:31 PM
Ok, so I have an agent line for dirt cheap. I like it a lot. What I don't like is the fact that I have to go through one of my managers or My Agent Account Executive every time I want to do something. There is a number for Agent Line Customer Service. I'm not exactly sure what they can do... but I'm positive on what they cannot.

1) make payment arrangements

2) esn change

3) add or subtract a feature

4) and other stupid things like that

I really needed an esn change today but my AAE doesn't work saturdays and the Agent Customer Service cannot do this for me. Does anyone else have this issue with your agent or corporate line? I'm about ready to toss it. And if anyone can tell me why there even is an Agent Customer Service number...
(continues)
Pretty Keeley

Sep 27, 2008, 3:53 PM
I'm Ron Burgundy?

๐Ÿคค
rhi_nan

Sep 27, 2008, 3:56 PM
Ron Burgundy uses a Blackberry? wireless device. WWMD?
Pretty Keeley

Sep 27, 2008, 3:58 PM
"What I said doesn't make sense. But I thought it was funny. You won't get the second part."

๐Ÿ™‚
rhi_nan

Sep 27, 2008, 4:04 PM
That stuff is potent. She always smells like it and when I'm around.. with.. her, ๐Ÿคจ I smell like it too. It's crazy ๐Ÿ˜Ž
JaydenW

Sep 29, 2008, 10:07 AM
60% of the time it works..

Every time.
PhoneyName

Sep 27, 2008, 3:56 PM
Before any of us try to answer that question, what carrier are you with?
rhi_nan

Sep 27, 2008, 3:57 PM
U.S. Cell
Crapbag

Sep 27, 2008, 5:39 PM
I don't think we are supposed to, but I can edit my phone, address, etc with AT&T. I'm not supposed to use Pos to pay my bill, I don't think, and I can not change my features. I think its worth the $100 I save on minutes. I only save about $25 on features.
Pretty Keeley

Sep 27, 2008, 6:21 PM
I can't even look at my account. It's not even in our system. ๐Ÿคจ All I can do is pay my bill. Mucho Lame.
taoareyou

Sep 28, 2008, 2:55 PM
Pretty Keeley said:
I can't even look at my account. It's not even in our system. ๐Ÿคจ All I can do is pay my bill. Mucho Lame.

If your account is not in the system, where does your bill come from?
cellularconnection

Sep 30, 2008, 9:12 AM
Storks Bring it.
taoareyou

Sep 28, 2008, 2:54 PM
Crapbag said:
I don't think we are supposed to, but I can edit my phone, address, etc with AT&T. I'm not supposed to use Pos to pay my bill, I don't think, and I can not change my features. I think its worth the $100 I save on minutes. I only save about $25 on features.

With AT&T there is no real need to use POS to pay your own bill. You can login to your account via the web and pay your bill, change your billing address, contact numbers, view your usage and call details, even add or remove features (except for some special discounted features).
metalsmokearsenal

Sep 27, 2008, 7:04 PM
thats crazy! i work for prepaid.. but we get !$125 credit towards a new phone and its free every month.. sure its prepaid and it sucks. but we have unlimited minutes, text and picture messaging.. so cant complain ๐Ÿ˜•
avguy87

Sep 28, 2008, 1:38 PM
I feel ya rhi. I have the same plan as you. It is irritating especially since i added roaming minutes when i went on vacation and i cant take them off without getting ahold of my
AAE. I keep forgetting. ๐Ÿคญ

But I cant complain. Its better than paying $80+ a month for a comparable consumer plan.

But it is irritating! ๐Ÿ˜ก
rhi_nan

Sep 29, 2008, 1:27 PM
so why do they have customer service? what do they do! someone tell me! I don't understand. All they can do is tell me how much my bill is.... ๐Ÿคจ duh, I know this. haha
Hombre07

Sep 28, 2008, 11:24 PM
I hated my agent line with AT&T. Took three weeks to get it activated and three more to get a Blackberry package added to it. I thought I'd save them the time of calling care to add insurance (two days after phone purchase, nothing against policy) and my RAE threatened to kick me off the plan because of that. And the billing issues, oh the billing issues. The system would never recognize unlimited text messaging or internet (before the time of unlimited) and it took 6-8 weeks for them to do a rerate. At that point the bills were racking up to $3000 because overage would average $1000 a month. I'll never do it again.
rhi_nan

Sep 29, 2008, 1:21 PM
ehh... my problems seem pale in comparison. That would be annoying!!
SEM

Sep 29, 2008, 9:29 AM
Agent lines are nice, but sometimes it does get frustrating. I had a PDA, my phone started malfunctioning on a Saturday but I couldnt get ahold of the right department until Monday to call in an ESN change since it was closed. I went two days without a phone. Its not the end of the world, but I am still a paying customer no matter if I have a discounted line or not. Overall, it is still worth the hassle on that rare occasion to save $50-$80 a month in my opinion.
rhi_nan

Sep 29, 2008, 1:22 PM
the exact same thing happened to me one weekend. I was ticked ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
uscphonegal

Sep 30, 2008, 8:25 AM
Rhi,
I dont think you're getting ahold of the right person. You need to contact the AAE's secretary. I will email you her name. I know it may seem frustrating at times, but it is totally worth it for only $10 a month. Come on, where else are you going to get 1100 mins, unlimited txt, unlimited easyedge and mobile to mobile.
Btw...I have heard of agent customer service doing an esn change for agents before.
Just thought I would help!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.