Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

I need to vent!!!!!!!!

lilhobbsie

Sep 18, 2008, 9:09 AM
So my co worker and I have been just working with 2 people at the store for about a month now. And we are doing very well covering hours and taking care of customers. We have told our bosses to please not hire anyone. But I come in today and they are doing interviews. Which means..we will be sharing sales between 3 rather than 2 and I have to deal with a new person..I hate new people!!!!! I know that sounds mean but I like the way things are. And so far they are interviewing all girls..we dont need another girl..if they absolutely have to hire..hire a guy!!! give me some eye candy or something...eventually i will get over this but right now i am not happy!!!!! 👿
beergirl

Sep 18, 2008, 9:14 AM
hahaha!!

We're in the same boat. I mean, we need a 3rd for sure. 12 hour work days w/no breaks are getting a little old, but whoa, the money!

So they tell me the other day they tell me they found our 3rd. Not only a female (I hate other women, by default), but also somehow tied with our area manager. Fabulous!
lilhobbsie

Sep 18, 2008, 9:28 AM
Yeah the money is great. we only work 10 hour days and still get our hour lunch we just leave one at the store.

So i guess your new person will be getting special treatment huh. F that!!!! Then again I am pretty close to the owners where i work but I get treated like anyone else. So who knows.
beergirl

Sep 18, 2008, 10:33 AM
I'm not worried about special treatment. Hell, I get that!! I'm worried about my behavior.
Fenix1003

Sep 18, 2008, 10:37 AM
its like OMG this suxxors so bad!!! life its SO unfair!! Like OMG!!
lilhobbsie

Sep 18, 2008, 12:03 PM
like omg someone took an extra dose of B*tch today like...
Fenix1003

Sep 18, 2008, 1:11 PM
OMG you just HAVE to tell me how that felt!!Becaue OMG!! I would be SO jealous if you like don't.
lilhobbsie

Sep 18, 2008, 3:32 PM
What is your problem???
beergirl

Sep 18, 2008, 12:05 PM
point=missed

Just saying, it can burn you out a bit when you're working long shifts alone, often w/out breaks. We're really a 4 person store. Tuesday I did almost 1500 by myself on top of the usual customer service stuff that we do. I'm not whining. I'm just tired. And I don't want to work with my area manager's cousin's best friend's girlfriend, or whatever the eff she is.
stinkercole

Sep 19, 2008, 8:53 PM
DUDE!! this just happened to us as well. except we needed someone very badly, One girl has school, I have school, and our manager has a family at home. We just got a 4th 3 days ago, NO cell phone, or sales experience for that matter, an hes buddy buddy with our owner.
So, we can't get online, play cards, or even cuss anymore, cuz we are so scared we are going to offend him, and he will go run off and tell on us.

Hes a really interesting guy, but it just kinda sucks when you get new people cuz you feel you have to "fly right" lol
cellfiend

Sep 18, 2008, 12:40 PM
Not mean at all. Especially if you're at a kiosk. More than 2 people not counting managers? F that.
lilhobbsie

Sep 18, 2008, 4:06 PM
I'm not at a kiosk but still i'm an indirect agent and we can handle it with 2. It saves them momey not having to pay another person!!
punk01

Sep 18, 2008, 5:06 PM
I agree, but know one ever lessons to us bc we are just the employees and have know idea what we are talking about. 😡
lilhobbsie

Sep 18, 2008, 5:15 PM
its nice to hear someone agrees! 😁
punk01

Sep 18, 2008, 5:21 PM
why is it that the BIG bosses think one thing and do things that they think is right but yet they are never in your store to know what is really going on, you try to tell them and talk to them about it but you know how that goes. then they turn around after they do what ever it is that they are going to do and say well that didn't work like we wanted it to.. duh 🤣 😡 👿
beergirl

Sep 18, 2008, 5:23 PM
My owner is pretty cool. He actually listens to a well-rounded argument. Granted, I always back it up with examples and usually find a way to throw in complex math in order to confuse him and get my way, but it works at least half of the time.
punk01

Sep 18, 2008, 5:27 PM
Yea we have tired every thing. they just don't want to hear what we have to say and thats sad for them bc we have alot to say that would prob. help them and the comp. ☹️
lilhobbsie

Sep 18, 2008, 5:27 PM
My owners are really cool too, but i dont think they realize how it will benefit them to not hire anyone!!!
beergirl

Sep 18, 2008, 5:57 PM
They probably figure, more people in the store means you can help more people at the same time which means more in the pocket for them.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.