Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 48 replies

how do you cope with your stressful job?

metalsmokearsenal

Sep 13, 2008, 5:30 PM
has any one ever been so frustrated that you wanna burn down your place of business? it might sound a little over the top but some customers really know how to drive you to the edge. I work at a call center for prepaid and i dont think it could be any worse.. honestly, the only thing keeping me "sane" is knowing that I am not the only person that has to put up with this kind of thing.. how does every one cope with their job? ☚ī¸
OfAMightDivine

Sep 13, 2008, 5:31 PM
I kill people, then make their bodies dance like puppets.

It's not much, but it takes the edge off at the end of the day.

👀 👀 👀
aguy-frombc

Sep 13, 2008, 5:33 PM
Understand the following.

Arson = 3-5 years pending no loss of life.
Arson + Murder 1 = Life Sentance (20+ years)
Quit = Free?

You pick...

Outside of that...just bottle it up. Wait until the last day, when that manager of yours is all up in your face. Then just... "let it go."
metalsmokearsenal

Sep 13, 2008, 5:44 PM
it sucks because no matter how bad i want to quit and how bad it gets.. i dont have another choice but to stay.. it is the smartest and "responsible" choice. besides its the highest paying job ive had.. so im pretty screwed..
dshearn

Sep 13, 2008, 5:46 PM
I take deep deep satisfaction that While I only have to put up with stressfully people for a short short time, That person is going to mesriable for the rest of thier lives
Ghosthendrikson

Sep 18, 2008, 4:23 PM
dshearn said:
I take deep deep satisfaction that While I only have to put up with stressfully people for a short short time, That person is going to mesriable for the rest of thier lives

This has given me new hope in life. Thanks!
dshearn

Sep 20, 2008, 1:24 PM
yea its awsome.

When a customer is right in the middle of a temper tantrum just smile and take relief in the fact that this poor misrable soul is going to go threw life this way.

They want nothing more then to spread thier misiery out to the entire world. THEY WANT you to frustrated , they want your day to be hard.

Just sit back and smile, Dont give them that kind of power. You know the truth...they are just screwed up people
softshoe

Sep 13, 2008, 7:46 PM
I go home and drink until my wife is pretty again 😈 😈 ..........Nah I'm really just a drunk. 🤤 🤤
metalsmokearsenal

Sep 13, 2008, 7:55 PM
lol thats funny.. and fu**ed up at the same time.. well i guess we all have our ways of dealing with things.. đŸ˜ŗ
Butthead007

Sep 13, 2008, 9:55 PM
As long as you remember its only a job and you leave it when you are off, then you'll be fine.

If you let it get to you, then every day is just going to be a miserable experience for you.

No matter what job you have, you will in some way, shape or form, deal with people who will drive you nuts. Learn to deal with it and rise above it.
xombyme

Sep 15, 2008, 11:55 AM
i drink alot......i mean alot

no really like i make david hasselhoff look good

oh and alot of one night stands

that could be because of the drinking though
beergirl

Sep 16, 2008, 10:09 AM
Strange...I feel like you're a kindred spirit!
xombyme

Sep 16, 2008, 1:15 PM
its nice too bad i live in iowa lol
beergirl

Sep 16, 2008, 6:13 PM
I almost moved there once for a job. Decided that it probably sucks and went to Cape Cod instead. Now I'm in Indiana.

Love@phonescoop.com LOL

Kidding. But if you're ever in town, hit me up for some beer and a one night stand.
eljeffe666

Sep 15, 2008, 12:09 PM
drinking 😁
Trygon

Sep 15, 2008, 6:23 PM
Next time you spend two hours on the call from hell, distract yourself by calculating exactly how much you're getting paid for just that one call. I know I'd accept $20 to get yelled at, every time.
Trygon

Sep 15, 2008, 6:25 PM
Oh yeah, forgot step 2: Quantify that payout in the milliliters of alcohol it'll purchase you.
BigShowJB

Sep 15, 2008, 7:35 PM
I beat the hell out of raycarroll's children
Deadeye-Jim

Sep 15, 2008, 9:40 PM
apparently very poorly, i think i'm losing it.
ElTriste

Sep 15, 2008, 9:46 PM
Mary Jane!!! *sings rick james, mary jane* 😁
VOICE OF REASON

Sep 15, 2008, 10:11 PM
😁 👀 😎 _
ACSlater

Sep 16, 2008, 9:49 AM
Long day of this đŸ˜ŗ

puff the magic dragon when i get home. 😎

some quality time with the gf 😲

go to work the next day 😁

been doin it for 3 years 😉
ElTriste

Sep 18, 2008, 3:42 PM
Sounds like the life man...I envy you 😎
ACSlater

Sep 22, 2008, 9:35 AM
Thanks, but I left out a couple things....

my boss is an idiot 🙄

the customers are all retarded 🤤

and as far as i'm concerned my companies home office didn't get hit hard enough by hurricane ike đŸ‘ŋ

that last part was mean, but damn sales has gotten old lol.
cellfiend

Sep 16, 2008, 11:11 AM
srsly
dualitycomplex

Sep 17, 2008, 8:54 PM
Beer works wonders on the days i just want to stay home after the job. Xbox is a good distraction from reality, plus i get a chuckle when i hear some 20 something year old guy get yelled at by his mother on the other side of the mic. "steven when are you going to take the garbage out like your father asked you to?" hah priceless. Then of course I go back to work and take my frustration out on my employees by making them stock accessories and organizing the walls while i fix their mess ups.
punk01

Sep 18, 2008, 1:06 PM
What I do is a tall glass of spirits, and a smoke, with friends over till late and play some spades, just about every night, It always starts off with me venting about work then they give me my glass and it's all good. 🤤 đŸ¤Ŗ
Not my real name

Sep 20, 2008, 2:03 PM
Sit and drink beer as I play on the x-box as my mom yells at me something about the garbage and how dad has been asking me to take it out or something or other. The funny part is as I am playing on my x-box, I can hear some 40+ aged men on the other end and hear.... "Frank, you are 43 years old. Don't you think it's time to move out of our house and stop playing stupid video games!?" Then I go to work and count the hours till I can hop back on the x-box.
aguy-frombc

Sep 18, 2008, 3:38 PM
đŸ˜ŗ
Alpha_Troll

Sep 18, 2008, 3:59 PM
Do you take you METH Rectally? For all the good it does, you might as well shove it up your ass, right? 😉
beergirl

Sep 18, 2008, 4:49 PM
You're really on this white trash meth kick today, aren't ya?
aguy-frombc

Sep 18, 2008, 4:49 PM
yeah. But I love girls with beer. 😉
beergirl

Sep 18, 2008, 4:51 PM
who doesn't? I brew my own. One day, I'm going to make a fine redneck wife.
aguy-frombc

Sep 18, 2008, 4:53 PM
lols. Sorry I don't handle the rednecks. I like a country girl, with some class and some ass... Red necks missing some of that combo.

Much love still
beergirl

Sep 18, 2008, 5:05 PM
lol. In reality, I'm not even a touch of country. I use proper grammar, and even know the difference between who and whom. Plus, I hate horses and Budweiser. My usualy homebrew is an extra spicy pale ale. I'm the weirdo who lives downtown and commutes out of the city every day. Perhaps I'm snooty.
erc

Sep 20, 2008, 8:07 PM
Another home brewer?

Hell yea, I used to ferment my own wine, and distill my own vodka, but I don't really enjoy either drink enough. More my old roommates deal.
Pious Goddess

Sep 18, 2008, 3:50 PM
I search for another job and see that they want to pay too little for all the crap requirements. Then bills start coming in and I psych my self out before work saying, "I am going to speak to a lot of dumb idiots today, but it pays the bills" (At least until I find a better job.)
Not my real name

Sep 20, 2008, 2:10 PM
Honestly, I buy season passes to all the nearest amusement parks (ie, Carowinds, Cedar Point, Dollywood, etc) and then drive to them after work or wait till the weekend. I also have a girlfriend that *insert sexual inuendos here* as I tell her about my rough day, and continue to take out my aggresion until it's over! 😁
khrispii

Sep 20, 2008, 2:37 PM
it's the only way i can make it through some days!! and the fact of knowing i have all the customer's info infront of me, but they have no idea who i am because i'm in a call center. plus even though we have to give our last name, my name is spelled weird, so they'll never find me
metalsmokearsenal

Sep 20, 2008, 5:39 PM
ah yes the little magical pill with that relaxes you, I miss'em 🤤
khrispii

Sep 20, 2008, 5:47 PM
yeah i learned the power of the magical pill after a recent break up. now they just help me deal with my job. i dont take it all the time, but there's some days i wonder what i ever did without it. 😎
metalsmokearsenal

Sep 20, 2008, 6:53 PM
Ya I "fell" into them via a friend, it was like take a quarter, drink a beer, take a quarter, drink another, and repeat so on, and so on, well just for 1 bar. đŸ˜ŗ
khrispii

Sep 20, 2008, 7:02 PM
im still at the "take a quarter faze". they seem to do the job. im really careful though because i know i can fall easily into something really hard. i've learned my lesson with things like that.
metalsmokearsenal

Sep 20, 2008, 7:02 PM
ya that sucks... 😲 Control is the key!
SS EarlGoodman

Sep 21, 2008, 3:34 PM
f*ck a quarter. i take a whole one, drink a beer, hop on my bike, and take on the world 😎
khrispii

Sep 21, 2008, 3:52 PM
😲 you sir like to live life a little more dangerously than me!! i must say i am jealous!!
lazykracker03

Sep 20, 2008, 2:40 PM
I go to yoga class or the gym. I also have started trying boxing something about punching stuff is so soothing.
AV2008

Sep 20, 2008, 7:44 PM
i just ignore everything around me and just concentrate on my next paycheck đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ
sprintguy19

Sep 21, 2008, 10:04 AM
you're kidding, right? Stress from selling wireless? I'm sorry, but did somebody die because you got them the wrong phone? Do you think you're driving people out of their houses and into the streets because you couldn't match another carriers plan? What the hell kind of stress is there here? I've worked part-time for 3 years, and it's very relaxing compared to teaching teenagers, which is my regular job. My manager is one of the most relaxed people I know, and this is his career. He's 30 with a wife and kid, but I'm guessing he sleeps pretty well at night. If this job stresses you out, you need to find another job.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.