Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Just Venting

Ellie004

Sep 12, 2008, 3:59 PM
I absolutely hate it when people assume that I speak spanish just because I LOOK hispanic

Some older hispanic couple came in friggin' yelled at me for not speaking spanish.

Ahhh these are going to be the longest 4 hours of my life 😢
fivedollarsimcard

Sep 12, 2008, 4:15 PM
I get it too... I feel your pain. Although i'm not latin in any aspect at all. In fact my heritage is French and German, but that doesn't stop people.
Duct Taper

Sep 12, 2008, 5:53 PM
I like it when I tawk to da white folks in ebonics, and dey like What? Im like Yea yea! and they like What? On their way out the door, im like, Yo Son! Keeps it realz!
devilsmafia

Sep 12, 2008, 6:25 PM
Fo sheezy my neezy! Repping bonics fo ma peeps and shizzle. Yo holmes, you my mans and them! Keeps it tight, aight!
Duct Taper

Sep 12, 2008, 6:41 PM
mp >< Fight da Powa!
softshoe

Sep 12, 2008, 7:29 PM
Try switching to Pig Latin and make them think that they have had a stroke or something.
BigShowJB

Sep 13, 2008, 5:06 PM
-switch between slow and fast motion

-while you're talking, mouth the words but only make the sounds 2 or 3 out of 5 sounds (ref: Wayne's World 2 at Makita's Donuts)

-imitate any number of Monty Python skits, particularily silly walks, strange voice police station, or the twit of the year competition.
cellfiend

Sep 12, 2008, 6:39 PM
It's cause this country is majority hispanic - census data doesn't confirm because they don't take into account illegals.
Trygon

Sep 12, 2008, 6:58 PM
HAhahahahaahhahahaha

...*breathe*...

AHAHAHAAHHAHAAAHAAHAA!!!!
cellfiend

Sep 12, 2008, 6:37 PM
I would talk to you cause you're really hawt.

🤤 🤤 🤤
Ellie004

Sep 12, 2008, 6:42 PM
Wow...

a compliment coming from cellfiend?? 😳
cellfiend

Sep 12, 2008, 8:06 PM
Shut up skank!
UOQuack

Sep 13, 2008, 9:45 AM
snap back to reality
Simply Wireless

Sep 13, 2008, 11:47 AM
Welcome to America. How dare we not speak spanish. I get it all the time.
softshoe

Sep 13, 2008, 3:06 PM
First off I am not Racist i just thought this would be funny as it never happened so please no BS responses.

Scene: White collar mall in the middle of a large metropolis. Cricket kiosk sits right in front of a Saxs Fifth Avenue. Me red haired, white as a piece of paper, wearing a faded Men's Warehouse hand-me down suit.

C: Speak any Spanish?

Me: No entiendo espanol, un momento por favor.

The customer just Stands there and smiles as I pull out a bull horn and procede to yell.

C: Do I look like I would know spanish to you!!!!!????
PhonemanJ

Sep 13, 2008, 5:08 PM
Here is how I handle it.

Yo vivo en Los Estado Unidos. Hablamos Engles aqui!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.