Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Insurance question...

SEM

Sep 11, 2008, 12:17 PM
I work for an indirect agent for Verizon, but I have a question about Asurion. Everyone we talk to gives us different answers, so lets see if anyone on here knows the actual answer.

Does insurance cover a used phone you activate on your account as long as you had insurance on your previous phone?

It is getting frustrating, between calling into Asurion twice and Verizon multiple times, I have gotten a different answer each time.
ajstrong

Sep 11, 2008, 12:18 PM
Yes.

No. 😁
j.rankin

Sep 11, 2008, 12:20 PM
yeah, well, no for you. 😳
I tell people yes, sometimes. 😕
SEM

I have always thought no, so thats what I told my customers. Why would Asurion cover a device that was purchased used, for all they know it is already damaged? But one Asurion agent said they will cover it, but will send out your original model not your new model, and the other said that they will not cover any used phone activated on an account.
ajstrong

Sep 11, 2008, 12:21 PM
I would go with answer #2.
iamrobot

Sep 15, 2008, 11:11 PM
here, we are encourage to offer insurance even for cx who are only activating a used phone, and our insurance states that they cover theft,loss and damage so id say yes.
ajstrong

and no, I've not sought out the correct answer, b/c, as my friend up there has said, all sources are certain about their version. which may or may not be true; they don't care, b/c you couldn't get the same person on the phone again calling either company unless your luck is AMAZING. or unless your # has been flagged, and they route you back.
coldouthereND

Sep 12, 2008, 7:33 AM
I work insurance...and with the blue ball, it's the phone number that's insured...I've had customers that have purchased phones from ebay and as long as they have a proof of purchase and they've used it on the account, we can cover it. It may vary dependant on carrier, though, because each carrier has their own rules regarding insurance...it's probably best to just tell them 'no' since they bought that phone used, why can't they do it again--that's why they have an eBay account, right?
BigShowJB

Sep 12, 2008, 9:27 AM
I had a recon(used) phone that I activated on my account and did an insurance claim on it an got the same model phone as the used one.
MadCatUSA

Sep 12, 2008, 3:42 PM
Working for "Yellow and Black" I can tell you what we are told...
As long as the device has never been activated on that particular account previously, it will be covered.
h2odamage

Sep 14, 2008, 11:44 AM
Insurance can only be added to the account within 15 days from when the phone was originally purchased. I think all *VERIZON* sales reps can agree with that as that is coming straight out of the VZW sales brochure. It also says it may only be added when a customer is purchasing a phone or doing a upgrade. This means whether a customer is buying a phone at full retail or at a promotional discount it is only available on *new* phones where a monetary transaction is taking place and the customer is purchasing the phone from YOUR store in brand new condition.

Yes you may *have the ability* to add this feature to the customer's account through eROES or NetACE, however from a legal standpoint as a corporate verizon employee having been told tha...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Sep 16, 2008, 12:23 AM
h2odamage said:
Insurance can only be added to the account within 15 days from when the phone was originally purchased. I think all *VERIZON* sales reps can agree with that as that is coming straight out of the VZW sales brochure. It also says it may only be added when a customer is purchasing a phone or doing a upgrade. This means whether a customer is buying a phone at full retail or at a promotional discount it is only available on *new* phones where a monetary transaction is taking place and the customer is purchasing the phone from YOUR store in brand new condition.

Yes you may *have the ability* to add this feature to the customer's account through eROES or NetACE, however from a legal standpoint as a corporate v
(continues)
h2odamage

Sep 17, 2008, 12:42 AM
90% of my posts are typed on my PDA since work allows us to browse PS but not log in to post ... can't always get my grammar as perfect as I'd like while typing in between customers. 😛
smiliey

Sep 17, 2008, 2:32 PM
well at least for sprint.

ive had customers put a beat up pda phone on their accout, hause it for a couple days and then mysteriously loose it. they get a "referb one' or sometimes with careful wording they get a new phone.. ive seen it done right in front of me.

wording my friends is key.

if they say no, hang up and talk to the next rep

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.