Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Gahh customer service whyyyy!!!

lovesLG

Sep 6, 2008, 9:02 PM
Is it just me, or do any other store reps get so incredibly frustrated with customer service that they want to rip their hair out? ๐Ÿ˜ณ

For example, customer comes in saying "i spoke with someone in customer service, look at the notes....we're upgrading ๐Ÿคจ "

:::i look at the account::: ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

The customer has 5 lines ALL of which are INELIGIBLE for upgrade but customer care notates "offered customer upgrades on all lines and all these BS credits yadda yadda yadda."

Dear Customer Service,
If you want to make that offer to a customer, PROCESS IT YOURSELF! Do not send me anymore customers with incorrect expectations. You are NOT my boss, I WILL NOT honor something just because some care rep said to. HELLO GOALS/COMMISSION/WAS...
(continues)
dualitycomplex

Sep 6, 2008, 9:10 PM
yea i get it all day and the wonderful thing about being indirect is i can say the following.

"your absoutly right mr customer i'm sorry though but my location is not set up to honor that deal, but look your almost there, the kiosk at the mall a 4 blocks down is tied directly in with the corperate office that set that up for you and they would be more than happy to take care of that, they only give us one location per county to handle deals like this and they always put them in a central location which just happens to be shopping malls most of the time, and remember you want the corp kiosk infront of XXXXX they are the only ones who can help, sorry bout that" ๐Ÿ˜
lovesLG

Sep 6, 2008, 9:21 PM
blah!!!

Just an FYI, even us corporate reps 90% of the time will not honor something customer care "notes." For example,

"Cust called in, offered upgrade and an additional $xx.xx towards a new phone even though not eligible until 2010."

Ok, I can tell a customer to call care and that I "offered them a new car and a spanking for renewing." Not going to happen ๐Ÿ˜
BigShowJB

Sep 7, 2008, 11:45 AM
you spank them or they spank you?
mamasu2

Sep 12, 2008, 2:18 AM
wow,
i was a customer rep for over 7 yrs at vzw, beleive me we spent more time fixing issues with the store. they only know how to sell,they don't know how to talk to the customers about their bill and try to call us to impress the customer and ask questions. first we can't talk to you about it, get them on the phone--next, go ahead and sell your phones and make your commission, but don't try to put a family plan together you always get it wrong, and don't worry we will honor our own offers, we got paid such a huge amount of money NOT, but we know you can't do anything like that we take care of it. After you made the sale you couldn't care less about the customer, we were always telling them the right way, and how many times do you tell th...
(continues)
ac4321

Sep 6, 2008, 10:49 PM
dualitycomplex said:
yea i get it all day and the wonderful thing about being indirect is i can say the following.

"your absoutly right mr customer i'm sorry though but my location is not set up to honor that deal, but look your almost there, the kiosk at the mall a 4 blocks down is tied directly in with the corperate office that set that up for you and they would be more than happy to take care of that, they only give us one location per county to handle deals like this and they always put them in a central location which just happens to be shopping malls most of the time, and remember you want the corp kiosk infront of XXXXX they are the only ones who can help, sorry bout that" ๐Ÿ˜

And 3rd party stores...
(continues)
kapwww

Sep 7, 2008, 3:17 PM
There is no need to turn this into a direct vs. indirect battle. Those have happened here too often and will never be solved.
BigShowJB

Sep 7, 2008, 3:42 PM
absolutely.. it will never be solved why people choose to go to a direct dealer instead of an indirect.
kapwww

Sep 7, 2008, 4:00 PM
Amen. ๐Ÿ˜
dalily21

Sep 7, 2008, 12:40 AM
If i'm going to offer something to a customer I try to order it when I have them on the phone with me, but sometimes after it's all said and done they still want to go to the store.

It works both ways though. I have so many customers saying the store said to call into customer service to get credit for their downloads because they got an upgrade (we only issue credit for a replacement phone not upgrade).

Or first bill the customer states the store rep told them the activation fee would be waived.

I don't mean anything to anyone at the store, I know its hard for ya'll dealing with some moron face to face. I do know customers lie. Just saying though
cellfiend

Sep 7, 2008, 12:01 PM
Or in other words you are indirect and can't do partial upgrades. I know it sucks.
kapwww

Sep 7, 2008, 3:27 PM
VZW Premium Indirects can do annual upgrades for lines that meet the criteria. Perhaps other carriers just don't like to help their indirects. I don't know. Haven't worked for them.

The problem we often see is when someone upgrades, gets no insurance, then kills their phone after only a few months. We can't just hand them a phone if the contract can't be renewed. Sometimes, a spineless rep from CS will tell the customer they can have a free phone just because the customer threatens to cancel service. That then makes everyone in store look bad...even direct...when nobody can hand them a free phone.
TMoBlowsMe

Sep 7, 2008, 1:30 PM
O...MY...GOD.. yes i completely agree. not too long ago a customer came in and said "well customer care said i can come in the store and you would give a new phone" her phone was.. DISCONTINUED so we didn't even have the phone to "give" her. Anyways, yea customer care sometimes makes up their own rules. ๐Ÿ‘€
khrispii

Sep 7, 2008, 2:13 PM
I never up front direct them to a store to do anything. Our pricing is always so much higher than instore and when they aren't eligible for upgrade it gets even more expensive. So custs never want to do the early upgrade over the phone. They'll state "I'm not paying that. I'll go to the store." I tell them "The corporate store may not be able to honor anything I've offered but if you want to use the gas and end up calling back, I'll leave my offer in the notes." The only time I may do direct them to a store for, is if they are eligible because you guys have way better pricing. I'd rather avoid the whole "well the store can give it to me for this. Why can't you?" bs. But then again, I'm not the average cust care rep. I'll admit most agents do...
(continues)
SEM

Sep 7, 2008, 4:10 PM
I am an indirect agent and the thing that I hate more than anything is not being able to see the notes on the account. When a customer says that they have notes on their account explaining the situation we have to call in to see what the notes ACTUALLY say.
kapwww

Sep 7, 2008, 4:22 PM
Just had an interesting conversation that could go along with this...sort of.

A customer comes to my store saying that he signed a 2-yr for an aircard about 6 months ago but doesn't want to spend the money anymore. He claimed a CS rep told him he could cancel his agreement and go with a Pay Per Use data plan for his aircard. For the amount of data he was using, he needed his $59.99 5GB plan. He wasn't going over, so he didn't need the BS unadvertised 10GB save plan.

I told him that I hadn't heard of such an option and explained the options that I knew of (including the $15 a day rental thing, the possible confusion with data on smart phones being PPU for those who never use it, etc) but he insisted. I also told him that with t...
(continues)
UOQuack

Sep 8, 2008, 9:53 AM
Having worked in a call center, and currently working in a store, I can tell you that I have seen and heard reps in both situations just plain make sh!t up. Why? Cause they don't know the answer to a question, and they are afraid to admit they don't know. They don't care that they might be screwing the customer, they just don't want to look like an idiot. People like this nauseate me, and I have fired reps in my store for that. Some reps just need to swallow their pride and admit they don't know but they will find out. Of course, lots of customers need to swallow their pride too and admit they were wrong or made a mistake. It's not the end of the world...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.