Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Palm Centro or Bold??? (let the debate begin)

devilsmafia

Sep 6, 2008, 2:43 PM
I've got an upgrade coming up real soon. And i'm trying to decide on going with the Centro or the Bold.

Currently i'm a BB Curve user. It's been a great reliable phone for me. I've got no real complaints about. I'm just a little bored with it. I guess i get bored with things like that easily. I've got plenty of access to the internet at work and home so i don't have a data plan on my Curve. E-mail is not a real issue for me either. I'm a heavy texter and the calander is pretty important for me for organization. It's my mp3 player as well. Other than that i don't really need a data plan at all.

I really like the centro because it's a bit smaller than my curve and it'll still do the things i need. And the touch screen is something that i...
(continues)
General Lee

Sep 6, 2008, 2:57 PM
I'd go with the BB... if I was to get a phone like that,, that's what I'd get.
devilsmafia

Sep 6, 2008, 3:19 PM
Why would you go with the Bold over the Centro? What's your opinion on Blackberry vs Palm?
Sigma1570

Sep 6, 2008, 4:00 PM
I'd go with the blackberry. Palms platform is notoriously buggy. I'd wait to see what the reviews are for the bold since it is blackberry's first 3g phone for at&t. Hopefully it won't have handoff issues but you never know.
j-villa

Sep 6, 2008, 4:06 PM
when we had the centro at our store i didn't like it. The interface was confusing to navigate. The keys on the keyboard almost need a stylus to push the letters.

i'd go with the bold. although i haven't played with one yet.

what makes you wanna have a pda? just to sync your calender with your computer?
devilsmafia

Sep 6, 2008, 7:47 PM
i do love the organization of a pda, but it's not necessary for me to sync up with my computer. I have the phone with me all the time so i don't need to sync it up with my computer. other than the internet browsing and e-mail, i pretty much use everything else that most smart phones are capable of on a regular basis.
j-villa

Sep 6, 2008, 8:12 PM
i love my xv6900. play nes emulator on it all the time. could hundred games 😲 . Just hate how laggy windows is though.
j-villa

Sep 6, 2008, 8:18 PM
couple
Butthead007

Sep 6, 2008, 4:15 PM
Blackberry is where Palm should be if they continued to put out quality products. Palm's quality has become so poor, how you can even suggest a Palm over a BlackBerry boggles the mind.
themasterpianist

Sep 6, 2008, 7:36 PM
Does the bold still have one of blackberry's wonderfully stinky trackballs...?
devilsmafia

Sep 6, 2008, 7:49 PM
Yep it still a trac ball. When i got to hold the Bold it was shaped just like the curve but the size of the 8830. It's set up exactly the same as the curve just a bit sleeker.
Butthead007

Sep 6, 2008, 8:42 PM
who cares. The palm is still garbage. Which is why you posted this drama queen debate in the first place.

BTW--If you can show me a single place where Verizon says they are getting the Bold, I would love to see it.

Fact is, they never EVER publicly claimed they are getting the Bold.

What are you talking about Mr VZW Indirect know it all? I have a feeling you have no idea what you are talking about, aside from whining like a 13 year old girl about the people who pay your salary.
themasterpianist

Sep 6, 2008, 10:00 PM
I actually think Palms are very intuitive devices honestly. I work for warranty and rarely hear about them and most issues that happen with them are easily fixed with basic troubleshooting. The only issue I don't like about the Centro are the microscopic keys.

I think it's a good debate because the Bold would be price-range competition for the Centro.

And as far as you're concerned, if you don't want to debate, then don't participate. It's that simple. Don't knock the guy for striking conversation on a forum. If you don't like it, go troll elsewhere.
j-villa

Sep 7, 2008, 9:13 AM
He never once stated he had verizon service for his personal line. He in fact has att.

someone is all worked up 🤣
devilsmafia

Sep 7, 2008, 9:14 AM
when did i ever say i was a VZW customer? I'm an AT&T customer, i just work for a Verizon Indirect. So yeah buddy, i do know that the bold will not be released on VZW's network since it's a GSM phone genius.

You'd think it was obvious that I am an AT&T customer since i'm comparing the Bold to the Centro, but i guess you must have missed that connection. Maybe next time.
BigShowJB

Sep 7, 2008, 3:44 PM
lets start a more civilized and solvable debate instead of blackberry vs palm..

how about direct vs indirect vs web/telesales

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.