Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

Labor Day! (blows)

Abu_dude

Sep 1, 2008, 9:25 AM
Anyone else spending today basking under the fluorescent lights staring out the window wondering how there life got so meaningless in such a small amount of time? or maybe its just me.....
nothing4free

Sep 1, 2008, 9:29 AM
no i'm right there with you...but i get off early today so it's not so bad i guess...
o0 Dame Dash 0o

Sep 1, 2008, 9:30 AM
im here until 9 tonight! 👿
Abu_dude

Sep 1, 2008, 9:39 AM
yeah i guess my company thinks they are doing us favors by closing 2 hours early...might as well just work a full day.
nothing4free

Sep 1, 2008, 10:27 AM
exactly...i kinda feel gypped...they're making me work but taking 2 hours from my pay...gay
o0 Dame Dash 0o

Sep 1, 2008, 9:30 AM
nope youre not alone!! 👿
dualitycomplex

Sep 1, 2008, 3:16 PM
i wish retailers would learn that labor day is not as big a day in the cell phone world as they would like to think. I've had 2 people walk in all day and they were looking for phone books and news papers, damn canadians.
IrishCarBomb

Sep 1, 2008, 9:39 AM
Holiday pay! I get double time today, 1.5 for the hours worked(😎 and another 4 hours of holiday pay, which when divided over 8 hours becomes .5 pay... so 1.5+.5=2! My company treats me way too well, and I am in a grocery store so there is a lot of hussle and bussle, aka girls in short shorts, coming in and out!

Other than that, this sucks, I really wish I was out enjoying what is supposed to be one of the nicest days of the year, but I will get off in time to hit up a BBQ, get wasted, and I have tomorrow off, and worked all weekend, so I will be making up for lost time!
Abu_dude

Sep 1, 2008, 9:46 AM
Yeah thats true, i get double time as well. i just would much rather still be in bed.
IrishCarBomb

Sep 1, 2008, 9:52 AM
Very true... I am so tired, had to be in at 8 today, yesterday, Saturday, and I worked 1-9:30 on Friday, so it has been tiring to say the least.
TMoGuy

Sep 1, 2008, 10:31 AM
Seriously, why even open? Here is the message from our Customer Care line, "Thank you for calling T-Mobile. We are currently closed for the holiday so our employees can be with there family. We will re-open tomorrow"

So, what now, I'm not an employee? I don't have a family? Customer Service and Senior Management, Tech, bassically everyone but retail has the day off. I don't care about the Holiday pay! We've had 1 Customer today. We've been open for an hour and a half. Best Place to work? Right... 👿
Pious Goddess

Sep 1, 2008, 11:45 AM
I called T-mobile and heard that message and was thinking lucky #$#@ !! 🙂 I have to work today, I get holiday pay at my regular rate though. But what sucks is I could be at home BBQing, and I know my sisters boyfriend is going to eat up all the food. Soon as he hears the world food, he is aleart and will do anything. And sadly my room is next to the guest bathroom. 😳
SS EarlGoodman

Sep 1, 2008, 1:06 PM
Why would you give half of your employees off, and not your frontline employees, your "backbone". Its bull ****, like Tmobile is really going to lose that much business by being closed 1 friggen day 👿
Pious Goddess

Sep 1, 2008, 1:37 PM
I'm sure they will have a pile of calls tomorrow for awhile, as I am having issues with my phone.
CellularFanattic1

Sep 1, 2008, 10:18 AM
im right there with ya dude. luckily i get off at 5 but i gotta be right back in for a 12 hour day tomorrow
xombyme

Sep 1, 2008, 11:33 AM
your telling me...supposedly its my day off but my boss called at 5 and asked if i could come in since she was drunk... problem is i went to a bachelor party last night drank 8 picthers and at least 10 shots of 3 wisemen...stupid agreeing to go to work when you drunk

hell still am drunk
emdogg

Sep 1, 2008, 1:18 PM
well i'm at the company t-mobile is taking over (in PR) and have no system due to the transition... and people seem to have nothing better to do on labor day and are calling!!! 👿
TMoGuy

Sep 1, 2008, 1:27 PM
Hang in there guy, it only gets better! HaHa! 🙂
emdogg

Sep 1, 2008, 1:31 PM
it will when i eat! i can't wait to get out of here and have a beer... it's girl by the way
TMoGuy

Sep 1, 2008, 2:50 PM
My apologies ma'am. 😁

Beer sounds really good right now!!!
emdogg

Sep 1, 2008, 2:53 PM
too bad i don't get out till 9pm!!!
LuvBug08

Sep 1, 2008, 2:55 PM
5:30 here, but the call center is boring as hell today. no calls at all.
TMoGuy

Sep 1, 2008, 2:58 PM
4:30 here. I'll FedEx you a beer. 🙂
LuvBug08

Sep 1, 2008, 3:09 PM
That would be good, hell have a rattlesnake kit at home, that'd be good 🙂
kapwww

Sep 1, 2008, 3:20 PM
Everything is closed in my plaza except my store and a coffee shop. Even THEY are considering closing early because they haven't had more than a few people in. They gave us free coffee because they were just going to have to throw it out.

My DM doesn't care and at so far won't let us close early either. Slave driver he is. The company only recognizes 4 holidays a year. They are heartless.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.