Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Old guy

tmob08

Aug 28, 2008, 4:03 PM
So i had some old guy just call me, he wanted to set up 2 prepaid lines but he wanted me or a sales rep to drive 25 miles to his house and bring a phone and show him his coverage. i tried to explain that we have a coverage map and i could look it up for him. He said "that is Absolutely Ridiculous that we wont drive out there and that we lost a potential customer."

Yeah because I am going to leave my store with only one other person there and drive 50 miles total with todays gas prices just for prepaid. i know the coverage maps aren't perfect but they arent terrible either. Plus i work for a corporate store. I know our HR wouldnt let us do that, and if someone found out (like our DM) i'd be in some major trouble. I can belive how crazy peo...
(continues)
o0 Dame Dash 0o

Aug 28, 2008, 4:07 PM
wow some people and theie selfish minds these days
PhonemanJ

Aug 28, 2008, 4:19 PM
Tell the guy to get online and order over the internet. You are not a pizza delivery service.
Copper Emeritus

Aug 28, 2008, 4:21 PM
So listen, when you drive out to his house could you stop at K-Mart and get three 10 gallon gas cans and fill them with premium and drop them off at my house?
Tmo Slave

Aug 28, 2008, 7:26 PM
I've had people try and get me to that before. The only time I have ever done that is a guy did 10 lines for his business and I dropped the phones off at his business. But even still he had come into the store before hand to run credit and I did that as a service for him. Minimum it would have to be like a 4 line family plan for me to drop off phones for a customer.
kapwww

Aug 28, 2008, 8:06 PM
My Director does the rump-kissing by driving things out, but only to important people. He is a business liaison for all types of B2B. Any type of business connection that can make the company look better or get us cheap/free advertising, he's there. Radio DJ needs a phone? OK. He'll take it over as long as he can get on-air mention. Paving contractor needs help? OK. One of the stores has pot holes all over the parking lot. Let's see what we can work out. I love small town America...for the most part.

Old guy who is lazy? Not worth the time. Mention the trial period.

I had a lady who wanted me to activate a Dare and drive it to her house for her kids to try to see if they like it. Sorry lady. Bring them to the store to...
(continues)
UOQuack

Aug 29, 2008, 10:26 AM
I actually did this once a couple years ago, but it was only a couple miles away from where I worked, and gas was alot cheaper then. Plus, it was going to be a 3 line family plan with some features too. I took my phone out to the guy's house, showed him my Cingular coverage where he lived, let him make a couple calls, and they came back to the store with me and I got the sale. But no way would I drive 25 miles for any sale at all, let alone prepaid.
Pious Goddess

Aug 29, 2008, 10:55 AM
I would never drive out to a customer unless they were going to pay my gas.
OfAMightDivine

Aug 29, 2008, 11:56 AM
Of course, if he writes Corporate a letter and complains, be prepared to get chewed out for not doing it.
tmob08

Aug 29, 2008, 8:07 PM
yeah i guess thats true...thats why i hate coporate sometimes, they can be Hypocritical about stuff like that 😕
firecollector

Aug 30, 2008, 10:12 AM
If corporate takes a fit,remind them of the fact that if you're involved in an accident while performing job duties...they're liable for EVERYTHING.That magic word "liability" shuts them right up.
OfAMightDivine

Aug 30, 2008, 11:19 AM
Do you honestly think that matters to them?
firecollector

Aug 31, 2008, 1:30 AM
oh yeah...friend of mine was killed in a car accident while running an errand for his boss at a national muffler shop.He was doing it on his way to work,so the company claimed he wasn't covered under comp.courts disagreed and awarded his wife $2.4 mil and workmans comp for as long as she didn't remarry.
OfAMightDivine

Aug 31, 2008, 11:04 AM
A muffler shop is not a wireless company.
erc

Sep 3, 2008, 8:00 PM
Any company worth itsself is gonna care about being held legally liable.
girlfromabc

Sep 3, 2008, 12:47 PM
HAHA i have a worse old person story... lady comes in pizzed off b/c she never had to charge her old phone like she does her new phone ( her old phone had double a batteries!!) explains that she had just charged her phone last saturday ( it was now friday) and that it was already dead.... hmm

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.