Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Bluetooth or no bluetooth, that's apparently the question

KioskLife

Aug 22, 2008, 9:35 PM
So I pick up the phone on a very busy day and end up talking with this delight of a customer.

C: I'm trying to connect my bluetooth to my blackberry

M: I'll try and help you over the phone. Did you make sure the bluetooth was in pairing mode

C: Yes

M: Then when you search for it with your Blackberry what do you get?

C: It won't let me do anything

M: Can you describe your bluetooth to me, maybe I can try and find the solution

C: It's a blackberry

M: No not your handset, your bluetooth

C: No, you don't understand. The bluetooth function. It's a function on my blackberry

M: Yes but you need a bluetooth headset to connect with your blackberry...

C: You don't seem to know your products very well *hangs up*

🤨...
(continues)
j-villa

Aug 23, 2008, 12:52 AM
lol wtf? 🤣
UOQuack

Aug 23, 2008, 9:42 AM
This is exactly why I almost never attempt any kind of trouble shooting of a device over the phone. I tell customers who call my store for that type of assistance that they need to come in to the store in order for me to assist them. "Why?" they ask. "Dont you know your products?" I know my products as well as can be expected, considering AT&T currently carries 30+ different handsets. No, I do not know how to perform every last function on every single handset we carry (not even including discontinued handsets!), however if I can see the phone I can probably figure it out pretty quickly. If they insist on being assisted over the phone, I tell them they will need to contact customer service, as I'm neither trained nor equipped for that ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.