Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

it's agents like this that make my job harder...

khrispii

Aug 16, 2008, 9:28 PM
I was in the breakroom just now and a girl is standing infront of the Pepsi machine. she puts her money in and then procedes to get upset becaused ther is no Coke in there. Really? there's no coke in the pepsi machine? those are the agents that fail to read account notes and escalate to me when the cust asks for something they were offered but the agent does not want to give it to them. even though the notes state to give it. 🤣
j.rankin

Aug 16, 2008, 9:47 PM
ignorance is bliss, she probably will never even know shes a pain in the ass. 🤨
texaswireless

Aug 17, 2008, 1:16 AM
Because everyone knows notes are golden and are never wrong.
SS EarlGoodman

Aug 17, 2008, 11:24 AM
It doesn't really matter if the notes are right or wrong, if they are there you are required to follow through with them.
texaswireless

Aug 17, 2008, 5:32 PM
Umm no. You are so incredibly incorrect.
Hombre07

Aug 18, 2008, 7:49 PM
So if I note an account to put a $10,000 credit on a bill, well I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this.

As agents, I don't care what you note for us to do or not do, we have our own policies and procedures, AT&T charges us $25 per extra SIM, so why should we give someone one no charge, oh that's right, cause you said so. The same company that charges us wants us to give it away which makes sense where? Yea, notes mean jack **** to me.
j.rankin

Aug 18, 2008, 7:55 PM
werd
OfAMightDivine

Aug 17, 2008, 11:42 AM
texaswireless said:
Because everyone knows notes are golden and are never wrong.

Just like the customer is always right, and they never lie, cheat or attempt to fraud the companies to get things free. Ever.
khrispii

Aug 17, 2008, 2:52 PM
i know notes can be wrong but when the cust says "they told me they would waive the activation fees" and the agent refuses and says "no i cant do that" they then call me because the cust wants to speak with someone higher up and i open the acct, look at the first note and it states "advised the cust we will waive the activation fees when he gets the first bill" as soon as i read that to them, they're like "oh, oops"
Duct Taper

Aug 17, 2008, 2:56 PM
Its because you know how to read. they either dont, or are afraid they would lose money for doing that and claim they cant
khrispii

Aug 17, 2008, 3:53 PM
but the thing is, we work in a call center and dont make commision. they dont loose money to credit anything and if they're afraid it will come back on them, the notes back up their actions. they just dont like doing their jobs for the most part. some agents will purposely aggitate the cust to escalate the call so they dont have to do anything.
Hombre07

Aug 18, 2008, 7:51 PM
Because we can't, what's so hard about that? If we could waive fees, we would. See how that works? If we can, we do. If we cannot, we do not.
UOQuack

Aug 18, 2008, 10:17 AM
What you might not understand is that as agents, we usually dont have the power or tools necessary to give the customer what may be stated in the call notes. And I'm speaking as an AT&T authorized agent, so what I say from this point forward is from that perspective.

Example 1, free sim cards: SIM cards are not free at agent stores, no matter what the customer service rep says. Yes, we can check the call notes, but the customer will be paying for the SIM at our location, no matter what the notes say. We can assist with possibly getting a credit for that purchase, but the SIM will be paid for.

Example 2, waiving activation fees: we dont have the tools necessary to do this. Yes, if the call notes say the fees will be credited on th...
(continues)
khrispii

Aug 18, 2008, 2:21 PM
yeah i know authrized store agents dont have a lot of power to do anything about charges. but i'm in a call center in the escalations queue. we have a ton of agents that will constantly call to escalate without reading the notes.
Jrockemsockem

Aug 18, 2008, 3:32 PM
Dude, im in the exact same boat as you.
my favorite is when the customer service reps TELLS them to go to our store for something free: sim, etc..

because there showing us as the nearest store to them.
nodeposit

Aug 19, 2008, 10:16 AM
Here's the thing.....unless you are an agent, or have been an agent, you can't tell agents what they can or cannot do. You also can't tell customers what agents can or cannot do. You still do, I'm sure you do anyways.... but just because "all mighty corporate" tells us something, doesn't mean we have to do it. We don't work for corporate. That's why we have different names like XYZ Wireless. The agent I work for uses a system called ewave, and we cant read notes. (we can't see alot of things in ewave, but that's a different thread) Type as many notes for free sh*t as you want, I won't ever see it. As far as waived activations go, if we don't charge them, we still get billed for them.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.