Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 29 replies

"I'm just looking right now"

devilsmafia

Aug 2, 2008, 4:38 PM
I hate that response from customers more than anything.

Yes, it's quite obvious that's what you are doing. By the fact that you are examining my phones i can clearly assume that you are indeed participating in the action of looking at something.

What might I ask are you F***ing looking for? Prices, models, accessories, etc, etc, etc?
cellfiend

Aug 2, 2008, 4:48 PM
Well to be fair I hate it when I go into a competitors store or any place that has a sales job and they jump on me with a billion questions.

On the other hand when they say that I just follow up by asking them questions without yes/no responses. For instance: "which carrier do you use?" "were you looking for upgrade or new or to try out another carrier?" etc more often than not it gets them to talk. If they have nothing to say don't waste your time they're not going to buy.
devilsmafia

Aug 2, 2008, 4:52 PM
I do always ask a follow up question to get em talking, but for some reason i just get annoyed with hearing "i'm just looking"
cellfiend

Aug 2, 2008, 4:53 PM
Well yeah hard not to. Doesn't phase me anymore unless I'm having a bad day.
devilsmafia

Aug 2, 2008, 4:57 PM
Today's a bad day. 1 upgrade for the day so far. Yesterday by this same time i had 3 new activations and 3 upgrades and $200 in acc sales.
cellfiend

Aug 2, 2008, 4:58 PM
Today is bad for a saturday here too. Normally I have over 3000 in sales around 10 lines mostly new. A few hours left though...maybe people will want to shop after dinner.
cellfiend

Aug 2, 2008, 5:01 PM
Oh yeah I meant to say I got nothing but some accessories out. Odd seeing as how high my sales are compared to the rest of the district.
devilsmafia

Aug 2, 2008, 5:03 PM
I need to come work at your store. 10 new lines on a saturday? This mall sucks.
lscarb85

Aug 3, 2008, 4:13 PM
i hate when they say "i'm just looking" and then as sopon as u walk away they ask a s*itload of questions!
cellfiend

Aug 2, 2008, 5:02 PM
You know what? I think when you're having a bad day outside of work, you bring in a bad vibe to work. I can feel it. I am giving off a bad vibe.
devilsmafia

Aug 2, 2008, 5:04 PM
That is true. I notice that alot. If i come in with a bad attitude i lose sales that i know i could have closed if i had come in feeling much differently.
cellfiend

Aug 2, 2008, 5:07 PM
I blame women.
devilsmafia

Aug 2, 2008, 5:09 PM
Haha. Usually the reason i come into work with a bad attitude is because of my fiance 😛
cellfiend

Aug 2, 2008, 5:13 PM
Surprise surprise me too!
cellfiend

Aug 2, 2008, 5:14 PM
It's ironic cause men don't typically have emotions but women tend to bring out bad ones.
devilsmafia

Aug 2, 2008, 5:15 PM
Generally, she just makes me feel like choking someone. I probalby sholdnt come into work those days.
cellfiend

Aug 2, 2008, 5:24 PM
Mine threw me out last night.

Still here. ☹️
devilsmafia

Aug 2, 2008, 7:15 PM
aww man that sucks. you better go get her some flowers.
Pious Goddess

Aug 3, 2008, 10:30 AM
Ouch! Thank god my boyfriend does not post on here or else, he would be on your side. 🤣 Though I don't cause our arguments, he just misunderstands what I say to him. And gets mad. I've came to work twice sad because of him, but eh never took it out on a customer.
devilsmafia

Aug 3, 2008, 1:27 PM
Ha, that's what all women say. We don't misunderstand, we just misinterperit what you say. there's a difference 🤣
cellfiend

Aug 3, 2008, 2:21 PM
That's what mine says. I think its a difference in the psychological makeup between males and females. Blame evolution.
cellfiend

Aug 3, 2008, 2:20 PM
Got her two dozen and a stuffed animal from professional place.
devilsmafia

Aug 3, 2008, 3:48 PM
Nice job. That should get you some make up sex.
cellfiend

Aug 3, 2008, 4:53 PM
Nah. I don't know if it will work this time. She still won't let me over but will semitalk on phone. And she didn't water them just left them on her counter.
ac4321

Aug 3, 2008, 12:06 PM
But it is a bit amusing when they rebuff you then you go to the next five people that walked in and got in line and the original person gets agitated because they have to wait.

Well, tough ****. You had your chance, buddy.
🤣
devilsmafia

Aug 3, 2008, 1:23 PM
Sucks to be them 😈
dustin.gery

Aug 3, 2008, 1:40 PM
I use the "what carrier do you have?" question followed by the Its Zero Deposit Week here at *Mobile...and if they still dont answer me, or make much of a response, i speak very broken spanish....and have converations with myself
devilsmafia

Aug 3, 2008, 2:02 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣
dustin.gery

Aug 3, 2008, 2:06 PM
Telefono Gratis? Chupacabra de Rojo? Oh you have *mobile thats awesome blackberry? yeah! 49.99 a month yea thats awesome...Nice talking to you....We'll see ya next time you wanna ignore me
liquidfire

Aug 4, 2008, 9:13 AM
but once you walk away they want to ask a question, then get pissy if you are already helping someone else.

theres a reason we dont put prices there jack-o, its so we can do out job and sell, not so you can walk up, look at everyphone and get pissy because none of them say "FREE" 🙄

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.