Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

VZW air card package gripe.

OfAMightDivine

Jul 16, 2008, 12:16 PM
What are you DOING VZW? Besides being unrealistic. So anyways. VZW changed their data packages to have 5GB for $59.99.

Then the overages start happening. People with $13,000 bills, as high as $45,000 from what I've seen. Most average bills are $1-2 thousand. You all KNOW how any customer base works. Half the customers think they have a different company all together, and the other half... well.. I'm surprised they can even had to approve.operate the phone well enough to make a call to Customer Service.

Then, you tell us that ANY customer with ANY data overages on the new plan will ALL be credited. No matter the amount. I don't have a problem with that. It's your money VZW, do as you will with it.

However, do not blame US when YOUR...
(continues)
ajstrong

Jul 16, 2008, 12:45 PM
hey, as we were told, the $200 plan is a retention only plan. I WISH we could aggressively market this, this fiasco would get us lynched in a new york minute. the absurdity of it all is classic, and exactly what VZW has gotten away with in the past. Least they lowered their overages from .50 to .25 across the board. still sucks for people who are abusing it tho. and all those stinkin' gray areas are too much for most customers to handle.
dalily21

Jul 16, 2008, 12:47 PM
You are absolutely correct! I dread those customers who get those cards and people telling them it's "unlimited" causing thousands of dollars in bills.

It's their money that they're losing, maybe something will change like it always does.

I can't stand these plans or overage rate or anything like to do with these Broadband Access plans.
60dollarcarcharger

Jul 16, 2008, 1:40 PM
no one should be projecting this plan as "unlimited"... that's just fuel to the fire that we're already having

For the most part it seems that most people stay under the cap, but the people that go over... GO OVER! That's where you see gagillion dollar bills; I attribute that to a lack of discloser at the point of sale... for the most part
liquidfire

Jul 16, 2008, 2:12 PM
i work for an agent and my DM/RM was telling us to sell it as unlimited. i laughed at them and had to explain the issues that would cause. they still didnt seem to care. ๐Ÿ™„
d3ity

Jul 17, 2008, 9:19 AM
Yeah I heard that as well from the higher ups... sell it as unlimited... I won't do it because I've seen a $5,000 bill from one of em.

We'd sell an assload more of these things if we had an unlimited plan...
OfAMightDivine

Jul 17, 2008, 12:06 PM
That's what kills me also about this. We HAD an unlimited plan, they just got rid of it!
d3ity

Jul 18, 2008, 9:52 AM
Yeah, i actually did a few AOL's for people with it who wanted to get rid of it.
cheaperatwalmart

Jul 18, 2008, 10:27 AM
thank god the employee plan is still unlimited ๐Ÿ™‚
kapwww

Jul 18, 2008, 8:53 PM
Not really though. So many services were "forbidden" according to the T&Cs and I saw many customers have their service terminated because of going over 5GB consistently. At least this way people who go over by just a little bit would not be terminated. It's really a little more flexible.

I agree with the arguments that we should have a truly unlimited plan. Perhaps at $79.99 or something like that. I also agree that it needs to be explained at the point of sale which, unfortunately, most people do not do. Our DM is on our arses about selling more aircards but as soon as I say "5BG" the customer says "I thought it was unlimited". Try as you might to explain what it would take to get there, they think they are being ripped off becaus...
(continues)
yoboy8

Jul 18, 2008, 5:38 PM
$59.99 unlimited
j-villa

Jul 19, 2008, 2:31 PM
lol probably not after the merge into one. ๐Ÿคจ
yoboy8

Jul 19, 2008, 3:45 PM
if you dont change it , you will be grandfathered in...
j-villa

Jul 19, 2008, 3:55 PM
except for when you go for your upgrade and they force you to change it
yoboy8

Jul 19, 2008, 4:16 PM
thats right... dont do an upgrade, its a damn aircard you dont need to upgrade it ๐Ÿ™„
j-villa

Jul 19, 2008, 4:26 PM
right....b/c 2 year old devices are as fast as new technology ๐Ÿ‘€ .
Keith-IA

Jul 19, 2008, 6:29 PM
IF your two year or less old aircard is only capable of EVDO rev 0, when Rev A comes on online, you're screwed.
liquidfire

Jul 21, 2008, 9:36 AM
are you sure about that? oh wait, no you're not, cuz nobody knows what exactly will happen.

chances are you will be GF'd, but you, nor no one else knows for sure yet
Stupid Customer

Jul 21, 2008, 10:14 AM
But Alltell isn't available anywhere I live or travel to......
cellsellphones

Jul 22, 2008, 8:26 AM
USCC (who's not purchased by VZW) also offers unlimited for 59.99.

But I will be the first to admit it's as slow (and not quite as amusing) as watching paint dry. ๐Ÿ˜

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.