Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

does it strike anyone else as incredibly frustrating

i_can_haz_textmsg

Jul 15, 2008, 8:01 PM
that my company gives us $10 gift cards to hand out, which WE then eat the commission for? not the person who gave the customer the gift card. that gift card money comes directly out of the pocket of whichever unwitting salesperson made the mistake of taking that sale. On some items, with our pay structure, this means getting NO commish for the sale.

I hate this company sometimes.
OfAMightDivine

Jul 15, 2008, 8:03 PM
That does seem kinda shady.
dualitycomplex

Jul 15, 2008, 9:34 PM
i hate that crap, my company did that to me for about a month, when i went to a managers meeting and was asked what i thought i stated.

"this is a terrible policy that creates the worse kind of customer you clearly advertise you will give them X for free if sales person forgets to say X now you would hope that every sales person offers X but when that sales person is overwhelmed with customer volume and is just trying to help everyone how dare you penelize them for forgetting to mention X to a customer who is now intentionally rushing them to see if they can get their free X" thats paraphrased of course since this was a couple months ago, it happened to one of my staff, i told upper management that it better not come out of his check be...
(continues)
UOQuack

Jul 16, 2008, 9:43 AM
I would feed everyone of those gift cards right into the shredder. That's BS that they would take that dollar value out of your commission for a promotion that your company is running.
ajstrong

Jul 16, 2008, 12:47 PM
do you work for radio shack?
i_can_haz_textmsg

Jul 16, 2008, 3:16 PM
vzw indirect company in MT/WY
ajstrong

Jul 16, 2008, 3:22 PM
spiffy; I grew up in MT. sucks that the "gifts" are actually coming directly from you, sorry to hear that!
sckoisks17

Jul 16, 2008, 3:31 PM
Thank God he doesn't work for RadioShack, I'd hate that.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.