all discussions

show all 8 replies

resetting the language on the centro

ajstrong

Jun 13, 2008, 1:24 PM
any ideas?
ajstrong

Jun 13, 2008, 1:25 PM
I meant to say that when I booted it up initially to look at it, it set the language to spanish, and I can't find the language option in preferences.
attwork

Jun 13, 2008, 1:38 PM
1. Remove the battery from the rear of the unit.

2. Hold down the power button while reinserting the battery.

3. When the Palm logo appears, release the power button.

4. Press the Up button to complete the hard reset and erase all data on the Centro.

After doing that it will walk you through the initial setup and ask you what language you would like.
ajstrong

Jun 13, 2008, 1:50 PM
did not work; the master reset is device inspecific, correct? I have the vzw centro...
ajstrong

Jun 13, 2008, 1:55 PM
so, yea.
attwork

Jun 13, 2008, 2:01 PM
It might be different for VZW's, but you might have to waite for the palm symbol without the black progress bar that scrolls at the bottom (if its like the 680)....

so wait for the palm screen to come up after the progress bar loads at the bottom of the screen.
attwork

Jun 13, 2008, 2:02 PM
then release the end key...
eljeffe666

Jun 13, 2008, 3:19 PM
u just helped me out

i had a custy that came in prob bout 10 mins after i read this and his phone was messing up and this helped me out
attwork

Jun 13, 2008, 3:28 PM
No problemo, muchachos. 😉

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.