Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

waaaah! iPhone2 came out and i just bought one in March! waaaah!

Deadeye-Jim

Jun 9, 2008, 7:53 PM
yes sir. i do understand your frustration and how you feel ripped off for paying the full price for something, then when the new model came out, the price got reduced. ๐Ÿ™„

ok, so you're going to cancel if you don't get a free upgrade to the new one? that's awesome. and now you want to know my opinion of your situation? are you kidding me? how would i feel if i was in your shoes? sir, the reason i'm saying i can't give you my opinion is because i can't say naughty words on the phone to customers.

i don't give a rat's ass.

did you go back to the car dealership for a refund because your Hummer depreciated and gas went up?

enjoy your new iBrick and shiny new ETFs when you go back to Sprint.
JOKER

Jun 9, 2008, 9:00 PM
i would have said well sir i would like to trade my truck in for a DODGE T-Rex and not have to pay for it but that is not going to happen now is it no i dont think so
cellfiend

Jun 10, 2008, 5:41 PM
I'm so fed up with you people comparing new cars to cell phones. A 200 ETF is nowhere close to the 15-60 grand for a new car. And you don't have 30 days. There are all sorts of restocking fees and clauses. You can't even return it for full price unless you used the manufacturer's warranty more than 3 times within a certain time frame. Anyway 175-200 compared to 15-60 grand? Come on. If they don't protect their phones they don't protect their phones. And while I'm at it if they actually pay money for a phone there are pretty big deductibles and the monthly rate adds up over 2 years not to mention some providers don't offer insurance on cells or the iphone. So. Yeah. Take that.
Deadeye-Jim

Jun 10, 2008, 6:25 PM
so yeah. he bought the old one when the old one was the only one available. now the new one is announced, and he can buy that too, if he wants.

how's that?
cellfiend

Jun 10, 2008, 6:33 PM
Ok. Whatever. There's no price breaks on iphones with 2yr contracts anyway. He can pay full price like he did the last one and sell the last one on ebay.
d3ity

Jun 17, 2008, 10:25 AM
Idk... the car analogy always seems to work for this reason: Even a CUSTOMER understands they can't just return thier shiny new car at a diffrent dealership three months after they bought it... and hit a deer with it... without the floormats just because they want a diffrent color.

Just like I can't exchange the phone a customer bought online and dropped in a puddle after he sent the rebate in... just because they want a diffrent color three months after they got it.
cellfiend

Jun 17, 2008, 5:16 PM
Ok you can compare machinery which costs anywhere from 15 grand to 70 grand or you can just point to the back of the receipt. If you think this helps you out by making the customer think the two are comparable then that's your deal. Why you would want to scare them off from future purchases I have no idea. I hope you understand that for the average American a car is considered the second most important purchasing decision while a home is the first. But again, if you're into aggravating them rather than putting them at ease so they keep buying stuff..kudos to you. I will take your business when they come here instead. Have a nice day. ๐Ÿ˜‰
cellfiend

Jun 10, 2008, 5:43 PM
More memory and 3g does not = iphone 2. It just means they upped the original iphone model up another notch.
sprintballer

Jun 10, 2008, 6:19 PM
๐Ÿ™„ So then Palm has no right to offer more than two models because they only offer Palm os devices and WM devices? ๐Ÿ™„ More memory+3g= iPhone2.
cellfiend

Jun 10, 2008, 6:35 PM
Um. No. It's not the iphone 2. It's even marketed as iphone 3g. Not iphone 2. Do you understand the difference? iphone 2 is something theyre going to make hundreds of millions on around xmas.

If you still don't understand the difference find me a link that says 'iphone 2 released'. Because I will not stand for this idiocy. I will sit. Somehow.
attwork

Jun 10, 2008, 6:40 PM
cellfiend said:
Um. No. It's not the iphone 2. It's even marketed as iphone 3g. Not iphone 2. Do you understand the difference? iphone 2 is something theyre going to make hundreds of millions on around xmas.

If you still don't understand the difference find me a link that says 'iphone 2 released'. Because I will not stand for this idiocy. I will sit. Somehow.

This jackass is very much right... ๐Ÿ˜‰
sprintballer

Jun 10, 2008, 7:36 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ I stand corrected. But on a side note, you know that every jerk is going to ask for "dat iphone2".....
cellfiend

Jun 10, 2008, 7:47 PM
sprintballer said:
๐Ÿ˜ณ I stand corrected. But on a side note, you know that every jerk is going to ask for "dat iphone2".....

Some people will. Yeah. That's when you have to mention the flaws of the iphone. No insurance, very hard to replace battery - have to send it in to do that (unless you want to void the warranty with a very risky procedure). And most importantly, the iphone requires its own higher priced plan. So it's not like they can just do an addon for 9.99 a month, they're looking at base I believe 69.99. This may be important if they have more than one line.
Deadeye-Jim

Jun 15, 2008, 11:26 PM
i don't understand why i *must* point out the so-called "flaws" (aka, design decisions) whenever some yokel innocently asks for the iPhone 3G by the wrong name. in fact, i'm pretty sure my manager would look poorly upon such negative publicity straight from a salesperson.... perhaps there's some correlation i'm not hip to? ๐Ÿคจ

did i not post this the exact same day the new iPhone was announced? had it not been referred to in the rumours as iPhone 2 for months? pardon me if i didn't get the memo at the proper instant. ๐Ÿ™„
cellfiend

Jun 17, 2008, 5:07 PM
Deadeye-Jim said:
i don't understand why i *must* point out the so-called "flaws"

You can do whatever the **** you want but if you don't sell the iphone maybe you feel like making a sale. That's just me you know. I'm into selling phones. I don't know about you.

did i not post this the exact same day the new iPhone was announced? had it not been referred to in the rumours as iPhone 2 for months? pardon me if i didn't get the memo at the proper instant. ๐Ÿ™„

I have no clue what you said a year ago or what people referred to it as.
d3ity

Jun 18, 2008, 5:32 PM
Thats OK. I've got a customer that insists I exchange his Blackberry 8830 for the Thunder. He got it three months ago. He also insists that the 9500 came out a week ago.
took

Jun 11, 2008, 12:52 PM
waaah? Dude i was in an AT&T corporate store (i carry at&t and sell for a indirect for vzw).
While in the store i had one of those pushy sales reps. I told him flat out i was just browsing and not eligible to upgrade, my brother pointed out i could use on of the other line upgrades, but i said my blackjack was still working fine.
You shoulda seen this guy pushing me to upgrade.

ANYHOW, when i pointed out i was thinking about waiting until the Iphone 2 came out, because i heard it would support 3g and not just edge he FLAT OUT told me that was a rumor the iphone2 was not real. Apple had no intentions of releasing a Iphone2. Now if i had upgraded, yes i would be pissed(as a customer) because i rushed into upgrading by a lie.
cellfiend

Jun 17, 2008, 5:22 PM
Iphone 3G..not iphone 2... Also, considering the iphone requires its own plan getting an upgrade would in no way make you ineligible for purchasing the iphone 3G. However the contract would restart from the day you purchase your iphone (for which there is a mandatory separate plan).

The smart thing to do is use your upgrade to get a free or close to free quality phone. Then get an iphone 3g and sell the original phone you got on ebay. I would recommend an indirect dealer since I don't think there is a chance in hell a direct at&t store will give you a pda for free.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.