Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

The media needs to get their **** straight

disgruntledtech

May 28, 2008, 7:40 AM
I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this in the media. I saw a story on ABC about how if your phone was free then you shouldn't get the insurance. Seriously? Do the reporters and editors NOT know how much these damn phones cost? All of the hard work we put in to educate customers is again erased in an instant thanks to the local news team. I can only imagine how many thousands of people saw that and think the same way.

Second thing, I was watching an episode of King of Queens and the wife had made cell phone covers and was selling them. People didn't want to buy them and one of the guys excuses was "the phone was free". Now this just affirms the myth that when you go into a cell phone store you can get something for nothing an...
(continues)
eljeffe666

May 28, 2008, 8:38 AM
i would so write a letter to the news dept to let them know of their idiocy and tell them that they need to do another story a correction if u will so that the consumers we have to deal with are not basing their info on info that is incorrect .
ErikaMarie

May 28, 2008, 8:50 AM
Call the news station to set the record straight.
d3ity

May 28, 2008, 5:36 PM
You think that story would run? are you kidding me?
ErikaMarie

May 29, 2008, 1:50 PM
& they might devote a couple of sentences to the correction later on.

OR... a competing news team might make an entirely new story on it.
liquidfire

May 28, 2008, 9:33 AM
just goes to show that even the news crew are dumb custies that think since it was free when they got new service that its always free. i hope they break their BB w/o insurance and then cry when someone tells them its $500+ and not the measly $100 they prob paid for it 😈
60dollarcarcharger

May 28, 2008, 5:46 PM
Mind telling me how he was able to use a verizon (CDMA) on TMO (GSM)?
d3ity

May 28, 2008, 5:49 PM
you needs a new slims card to do that.
60dollarcarcharger

May 28, 2008, 5:49 PM
i hope you're joking
d3ity

May 28, 2008, 5:52 PM
apparently you don't know about them new fangled slims cards!

Apparently I'm able to order them... at least thats what customers tell me. The slims card lets you have the voyager on tmobile or the iphone on verizon.

It apparently fits into the microSD port on the phone, which is of course made specifically to accomodate the slims card as customers also point out to me all the time.

Man, when will verizon get with the times. We need something in infocenter about the slims card, which is completley diffrent from a SIM card in every way.
60dollarcarcharger

May 28, 2008, 6:00 PM
😁

Oh you meant the slim cards... sorry, haven't got those in yet... kinda forgot they were out there 🤣
liquidfire

May 28, 2008, 6:27 PM
i'm gonna go on ebay now and buy like 30 used inactive SIM cards now and print out new labels that say "Universal SLIMS" on it. lol
i bet i could sell them for like $100 a pop on ebay 😈
60dollarcarcharger

May 28, 2008, 6:56 PM
i want my cut if you do...
d3ity

May 30, 2008, 6:17 PM
still nothing in infocenter.

I'd suggest relabling 512mb microSD cards so they fit in the slims card port.
VZWMT123

May 29, 2008, 10:08 AM
Our local news team decided to broadcast that we were going to sell all of our customers personal cell phone numbers to telemarketers. so for a week straight i had customers coming in to the store screaming at me about their personal cell phone is that personal. and they were going to cancel their service if we sold their info because we made enuf money from customers paying their bills what did we need to sell their info for?? It took a lot of talking to get them to calm down and i had one customer throw his phone at me. What a baby
60dollarcarcharger

May 29, 2008, 1:55 PM
that jill valley is a P.I.T.A huh?
VZWMT123

May 29, 2008, 4:32 PM
So....you have obviously seen our news! Do you live here??
60dollarcarcharger

May 30, 2008, 12:49 PM
i may or may not know of the news in which you speak 🙂
Kagehiru

May 30, 2008, 1:01 PM
He's watching you right now.
VZWMT123

May 30, 2008, 6:49 PM
I did feel a little violated today

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.