Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

sat phones

ballisticbanana

May 26, 2008, 8:43 AM
If a cellular user calls a satellite phone that is out of country will the cellular caller incur international calling charges????
eljeffe666

May 26, 2008, 8:45 AM
i was told that any time u call a sat phone does not matter where they are at they get charged for it

but that source was not exactly reliable

so in short no clue lol

but i want to know too
I AM GOD

May 26, 2008, 8:46 AM
😳
BigShowJB

May 26, 2008, 9:11 AM
if they have enough $$$ to pay for a sat phone, why are they worrying about roaming?
Isn't that the idea behind sat phones so you can use it literally ANYWHERE in the world?
eljeffe666

May 26, 2008, 9:38 AM
no the question was will the cell phone user get charged if they use it to call a sat phone in another country

or hell even in the same country
Deadeye-Jim

May 26, 2008, 4:08 PM
I've had exactly one call ever about this issue, and it turned into the customer informing me how it all works. Nice change, huh? Apparently sat phones have their own country codes, so it's an international roaming call for them, no matter where they are, and a long distance call for whomever calls them.
PhonemanJ

May 26, 2008, 5:14 PM
It depends. If the person's sattelite phone has a US phone number in it, it will be considered a local call, thus no international calling charges. If the sat phone has a number from another country, it will be considered an international call. This is similar to how it works with a cell phone. If you have a local number, but are out of the country, you will incur international roaming charges, but the call will have no extra charges.
ballisticbanana

Jul 22, 2008, 10:13 AM
thanks for the info all! i forgot i posted this question. 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.