Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Awesome call of the day

johnnyslick

May 14, 2008, 9:41 PM
Me: blah blah greeting

Customer: Yes, I need to get the contract end date so I know when I can disconnect this line.

Me: I'm sorry to hear you want to cancel! Whatever could the reason be?

Customer: I heard AT&T has something called '3G'.

So yeah... I work for a company that, technically speaking, also has 3rd generation data technology that actually runs faster than AT&T's 3G. I mean, I understand that people want to try out new services, but this... at this point, I really, really wanted to just say "okay, now you have to leave. I refuse to re-up your contract. You can beg all you want but now you have proven yourself unworthy of our service. Maybe when we phase analog back in I'll give you a call. Don't call us; we have this n...
(continues)
Hombre07

May 15, 2008, 5:31 PM
Alternativly, do your job and give the customer what they asked for. They didn't ask to cancel, they wanted the contract end date. Which company are you with?
johnnyslick

May 15, 2008, 5:48 PM
Relax, man. This is a forum dedicated to ranting. I did not actually disconnect service. I felt tempted to. Rather than act on it, I posted it.

Does that make you feel better?
Hombre07

May 15, 2008, 6:24 PM
Actually, no, it's not.

I didn't ask about disconnecting the service. It doesn't make me feel better, you should really just tell them what they ask.
johnnyslick

May 15, 2008, 6:37 PM
Of course I gave them their contract end date. Why would you assume I didn't? Perhaps I didn't explain myself well enough. It was a case where some rep or news article gave somebody around half of the story. They didn't realize that their current service was superior to what they were about to leave for. Sometimes a little knowledge is worse than no knowledge at all.
ihateeverything

May 15, 2008, 6:52 PM
johnnyslick said:
They didn't realize that their current service was superior to what they were about to leave for.

It's funny how you talk about only getting half the story. It seems to me the online community is only getting one side of your story. How much are they paying now for which service and who exactly were they looking to switch over to? You have not made a case that what you offer is better.
tgoace

May 16, 2008, 12:30 AM
Everybody here has doon a poor job at reading comprehension in this thread.

All that happened was that the customer said "oh I hear they have 3G."

The OP found this amusing because his carrier might be losing a customer to another carrier when in fact, the customer didn't realize that his current carrier HAS what he states he might be leaving for.

It was an observation. He found it ironic. Asking him who he works for won't help the conversation. It'll probably actually turn it into a carrier fanboy war, so STOP BAITING.

I'm glad he never mentioned who he works for. I couldn't care less. 🙄
liquidfire

May 16, 2008, 10:31 AM
but he also never mentioned whether or not he informed the customer that the service he currently has is also 3G and is, in the OPs view, better than that of at&t. so the OP shouldnt be talking about "half of the story" since he himself, appearantly did not tell the customer the whole story either
tgoace

May 16, 2008, 2:17 PM
What does it matter? His point was that his customer was looking at the grass on the other side when his very own lawn was just as green. I don't care if he informed his customer of his carrier's services or not, that was a minor detail to his post.

His customer was ill-informed, so the comedy of it was that all he had to do was tell his disconnecting customer that they too, have 3G.

Whether we know who he works for or not is irrelevant. If he says he works for VZW and says that's why his 3G is better it'll just start a war.

The point is that he found himself in a funny situation. Don't chastise him for what parts of the story he "decided" to post, who cares? This is SHOP TALK, this is where members of the industry get to post the...
(continues)
ihateeverything

May 16, 2008, 4:48 PM
Ok maybe if he supplied who he worked for and what the customer wanted 3G for we would have a better understanding as to why he was such a douchebag. Did you ever think the customer could pay less elsewhere? Did you ever think he doesn't need 3G since 3G is for data only? Did you ever think?
tgoace

May 16, 2008, 5:29 PM
Did you ever think he wasn't a douchebag at all?

He NEVER said that he acted that way towards the customer. He only posted what he felt internally. He didn't act on those feelings, didn't abuse the customer. All he did was post his reflection on the situation.

He doesn't owe anybody any further clarity on the matter. If you guys are confused, it's your problem. He was only joking about the situation.
ihateeverything

May 16, 2008, 8:01 PM
tgoace said:
If you guys are confused, it's your problem. He was only joking about the situation.

Yes he was only joking about half the situation that he told us. I get it. We are right. You are wrong. End of story. Why did you even reply?
tgoace

May 16, 2008, 11:03 PM
ihateeverything said:
tgoace said:
If you guys are confused, it's your problem. He was only joking about the situation.

Yes he was only joking about half the situation that he told us. I get it. We are right. You are wrong. End of story. Why did you even reply?

I keep replying because you keep trying to justify yourself for jumping down somebody's throat and calling somebody a "douchebag" unwarranted.

That is where you went out of line, yet you say that I'm wrong. Wrong for what? Telling you to back off of the OP?

Get real.
NorCal23

May 17, 2008, 11:35 AM
This is the first thread i read this morning at work and I just want to say ... Thanks everyone! This sh*t was comedy! The actual post was funny, and the ensuing arguments were funny too! Good times! I'm gonna start a rumor that there's a company called Westside Wireless and that they have 5G and see what happens! Bwahahahahahah!!!
ihateeverything

May 16, 2008, 4:45 PM
Did you even ask if the customer has or wants internet? Because I'm sure you know 3G is useless for voice. Perhaps your internet is cheaper somewhere else. Perhaps that somewhere else has HSDAP. So many variables here mr im the kewlest sales guy ever.
tgoace

May 16, 2008, 5:31 PM
ihateeverything said:
Perhaps your internet is cheaper somewhere else. Perhaps that somewhere else has HSDAP. So many variables here mr im the kewlest sales guy ever.

OMG. STOP. 🙄
ihateeverything

May 16, 2008, 8:03 PM
No. Perhaps we're talking rev-A here vs edge. The guy hasn't listed sh1t. How do you know what the situation truly was?
tgoace

May 16, 2008, 10:58 PM
I don't CARE about the situation. His post contained the context of what he felt and that's all that he aimed to say.

He doesn't owe clarity. He was irritated with somebody kinda threatening to leave and he vented about it. Whatever. It's been over for a long time.
fakename

May 16, 2008, 8:21 PM
Really? REALLY? Does this post really reqire more than 11 posts bickering about what this guy did on the phn? Wow, I mean I know were bored at work, but seriously, stop picking on this dude because now it's just starting to get sad. Let's move on people! 😎
tgoace

May 16, 2008, 10:56 PM
THANK YOU!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.