Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Gross

Tmo Slave

May 14, 2008, 5:35 PM
So recently we had a girl transfer to my store from one of our other stores. Its been all guys for like 5 months so this hasn't been an issue. But anyway whenever she is working our store phones are covered in makeup and I have to constantly clean them off with cleaning wipes. Sometimes its a little bit and sometimes the phone is covered with an inch of makeup. Her own personal phone is that way too.

So should I say something and make her responsible to clean it and if I do say something how do I make it sound polite as possible?
zeebull

May 14, 2008, 5:55 PM
just come out and say somethin like......i know it's your choice to wear makeup but if you could please check to make sure you wipe it off the phones after you use them we'd all appreciate it
thiscurveismine

May 14, 2008, 5:58 PM
OK, that makes your store look unclean... not just the phones. Me personally, as a female, I wouldnt take offence to it if my manager just said "hey, make sure you wipe the phones off after you use them, we dont want them to look messy with make up when a customer looks at them" and kind of make it a store policy to just wipe the phone off after you touch it, cuz face prints look just as bad as makeup, right? I wipe off every phone that I have used before handing it to a customer just so that it is clean.
Nikoletta

May 14, 2008, 5:58 PM
Absolutely say something. I never understand the ladies who wear that much makeup... but then I rarely wear any (I have good skin and it makes it so when I do wear anything it has a bigger impact.) She is damaging the phones when she leaves them caked with makeup... that's what killed my mother's phone (I love my mom but I don't understand her sometimes... Whenever I see her I am compelled to rescue her phone and clean the built up makeup off of it.) It got caked with makeup and it ended up in places where it did damage. Now we make her use a case.
Ask The Shack

May 15, 2008, 8:12 AM
What you should do is take a bat, and write the word "makeup" on it, and then tell her that she's a cell phone. After that, you beat her until she gets the message that makup shouldn't be applied to the phone, no matter if it's directly, or indirectly applied to it by her face.

I'm sure after a few blows by the "makeup applicator" she will get the message, and make sure she doesn't apply makeup to ther phone anymore.

😁
llama

May 15, 2008, 8:55 AM
With that much makeup, you sure it's a chick?
BLEDSOE

May 15, 2008, 8:58 AM
Of course you should say something...It is a not sanitary for her to leave make up everywhere...I manage a store of all females and there was one in particular who wore A LOT of make up. Any time she used a phone it would be the same. I discussed it with her. That if she wanted to be able to use the demo lines to show c phone she either did not put it up to her face or wiped it off immediately. She was not offended. She admitted she wore a lot of makeup and said it was not a problem.
ihateeverything

May 15, 2008, 4:29 PM
Atleast it's makeup and not herpes.
golem22

May 16, 2008, 9:43 PM
unless the makeup is to hide herpes!
Sonniku

May 17, 2008, 9:12 AM
😳 now THAT's just gross...
NorCal23

May 17, 2008, 11:41 AM
Tell her that Mac is hiring able bodied people to distribute make-up samples and that her face would be perfect for the job!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.