Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 25 replies

What phones do you have?

Ritzbitts

May 13, 2008, 11:01 AM
Just curious what phones the people in the industry have.

I recently got a Samsung Blast, and I love it! It's by far the nicest phone I've owned, it can check my email, surf the web, all without a data plan, and it has very intuitive shortcut menus and keys.

Before this phone, I had something like the Motorola v365. It had a camera, bluetooth, but horrible UI, as most Motorola phones do, in my opinion.

Before that, I had the Samsung SGH-495. Although it did not have a camera or bluetooth, it was easily better than any phone I've had but the Blast. Great UI, great shortcut keys, only real complaint was the sound quality would crap out here and there, and the battery started losing its charge quickly. It had, of course, been sitting o...
(continues)
SEM

May 13, 2008, 11:14 AM
Currently have a Motorola Q. Great phone in my opinion, have never had a single problem with this phone. Easy to text, check emails and surf the web with, couldnt ask for more from a smartphone.
bfs1985

May 13, 2008, 11:33 AM
I currently have the blackberry 8830. I am pretty satisfied with it.
sckoisks17

May 13, 2008, 11:32 AM
I currently have a Samsung Hue with Alltel, which is wonderful. It's one of my store's top sellers, so it helps a lot to have a working model readily available to show customers.

Before that, I briefly had a Samsung Blade A900 on a Sprint employee line. A big hubbub brewed from that because for some reason associates from my store can't have Sprint employee lines, so I had to get rid of it. I said good riddance, because Sprint offers absolutely NO service near my home.

My first contract was with T-Mobile when I lived in Florida. I had a Nokia 6101 with them, which worked great in Orlando. When I moved back home to Michigan, though, I found out T-Mo didn't have service in my area, so I called in and hassled customer service until t...
(continues)
sckoisks17

May 13, 2008, 11:33 AM
Forgot to mention - I'm looking into getting a Samsung Blackjack II to put on an AT&T employee line.
took

May 13, 2008, 2:49 PM
I have the blackjack!!!
i got it for 60$ refurb with no mail in rebate...
only had to sign a one year contract for it too!!!
in november im so going to the blackjack 2 for the WM 6.0 (cant seem to upgrade my OS cuz my laptop is vista and keeps giving me errors trying)
and i hear it has WI-FI?!? So glad Blackjack/AT&T arent like Blackberry where you MUST have a data package to have a smartphone... Thats like saying you have to buy an internet package when buying a laptop!
Tmo Slave

May 13, 2008, 12:23 PM
Right now I'm using the Wing. Stock its not that great but the awsome thing with WM is you can flash new roms and overclock it. Now its awsome because I changed so much on it.

I also have the curve which my wife uses and that is an awsome phone.
OfAMightDivine

May 13, 2008, 12:37 PM
Sony Ericson's W5801.

Don't kill me for not having a Blackberry or PDA. I don't work in a store, so I can't use it to demo, and I have no need to read my emails when I'm not at home. A nice phone is all I ask. 😁
alltelbran

May 13, 2008, 3:54 PM
I dont Carry a Blackberry either or a PDA i carry the moto rokr and it fits me just fine... i dont have the need for a phone that i can check e-mail all day on.. 😉
charliegirl

May 13, 2008, 12:56 PM
Currently I have the LG CU500 and I am pretty satisfied. I only use my phone for talking, some text and pictures.

Before this I had the C2000 which I really liked as well but I had it for a year and a half and the battery just didn't keep a charge anymore. Before that was the C1400 which I actually liked better but it got stolen and insurance replaced it with the C2000.

Before I went to Cingular I was with Nextel and had the i90 which was a cute limited phone and before that I had the i1000 (yeah the brick flip). I had both those phones for a long time. I was with SprintPCS (yes when they were separate companies). I had a flip Samsung, don't reme,ber the model and a Nokia before that and a Qualcomm before that. I loved that Qua...
(continues)
phonemechanic

May 13, 2008, 1:23 PM
Voyager
I Sell Phones

May 13, 2008, 1:37 PM
I'm kind of a Nokia guy. The one I have is a bit older than most people would carry today.

It is a Nokia 6235i. I actually wanted to get the 6255i. In October, my Nokia will have been providing faithful and depending service for 2 years. But I do need to get another one. This is getting a little worn out.
SprintTechMN

May 14, 2008, 9:46 AM
Presently using a Centro. Before that I had a V9M, loved it until it forgot to wake me up twice. Yes, the phone actually forgot to make the alarm go off. Before that I hade a Samsung M610, great phone.
BLEDSOE

May 14, 2008, 10:38 AM
I have the nokia N75 and prior to that i have the LG cu500. CuU 500 is a great phone..N75 takes great pics...but i hit the music buttons ALL the time...bad for the battery. Oh well.
motodude69

May 15, 2008, 7:09 PM
The Venus for Verizon. Love it, great phone. I have carried too many phones to create a list.

That is all.
Deadeye-Jim

May 17, 2008, 11:02 PM
I've always been with AT&T, the service here is generally good.

1. Nokia 3360
2. about a dozen Moto V180's and V220's through Warranty and Insurance.
3. Samsung SYNC
4. Palm 680, a gift, which i sold.

now i'm back on the SYNC and waffling between a TILT and an iPhone 2.
I_need_a _new_job

May 18, 2008, 12:23 AM
I have a Kyocera Lingo...I really like it..I havn't had any problems with it at all..the only thing that could be better would be if cricket had more service areas.
Sonniku

May 18, 2008, 3:03 PM
I currently have a Mogul. However, i'll be changing my phone to the Instinct in a couple of weeks.... 😁
Caucasian

May 18, 2008, 3:19 PM
Currently have an HTC Mogul, Motorola IC902, and Motorola i880.

The Mogul had alot of issues, resulting in quite a few throwings. God-bless insurance. I think I actually had a factory defective one originally. My second time around and it's working like a champ.
softshoe

May 18, 2008, 11:09 PM
I have the Nokia 6263 through T-Mobile. It does what I want it too. For more read my review on the phone.
lxav06

Jun 6, 2008, 2:25 PM
I started with att (befoer cingular) wireless and had a nokia
then went with verizon for a while, that i dont remember. and i had primco that cell was a qualcom, liked the form factor.
went with sprint started with te scp 4700i think the super phone from sanyo, then had the samsung a600 a few in between then did the jump to the apache (ppc 6700) and it would crap out and was exchanged to the mogul, and that one i like the most. I do not get issues on it. I am waiting for the diamond or the Raphael. (possibly the instinct) I prefer a physical qwerty keyboard, but i hope that the diamond has a great touch keyboard.
my other line used by my sister is treo 700p? (palm os with the antenna sticking out.)
she might want to go with the instinc...
(continues)
attwork

Jun 6, 2008, 2:33 PM
You should really stop replying to threads that are a month old....
vzw_tech

Jun 6, 2008, 2:34 PM
I have a BB 8130 with verizon and an 8703e also with verizon. I love both phones and I don't think I could ever switch to anything other than a BB. 😁
motoguy75

Jun 6, 2008, 5:42 PM
i work for a regional carrier and i bought what i felt was best phone they carried, moto slvr L7c

haven't had any problems with it in past year i've had it
Juanbyjuan

Jun 6, 2008, 5:45 PM
Pantech C150 😢
Kuja

Jun 6, 2008, 7:48 PM
I have the small Samsung A737 candybar phone.

I have yet to see anyone in person who has this phone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.