Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Old People

cheaperatwalmart

May 13, 2008, 10:07 AM
I just had an older gentleman in here that was having a "problem" with his new phone. It was turned off๐Ÿ™‚ You really have to love old people. It used to be my phone won't charge, because they would try to charge it through the headphone jack.
Ritzbitts

May 13, 2008, 10:35 AM
You gotta love 'em, though. When I sold computers, I would have the best times with the elderly customers; either they'd be dropping wads on a system for their grandkid, or they'd be dropping wads on installation services, or, my favorites would be the ones wanting company.

Some of the best customers I ever had would be the oldbies with all kinds of stories to tell. I loved walking them through the sale and making small talk along the way, all the while teaching them how to use their stuff. By and large, older people are some of my favorite people, and definitely my favorite customers.
cheaperatwalmart

May 13, 2008, 10:39 AM
Oh they are definitely my favorites. You gotta love the ones that come in after the fact to ask a question and are amazed that you will take the time to answer every question they have.
Tmo Slave

May 13, 2008, 11:50 AM
Old people are very thankful because most people just blow them off and dont care. They are some of my best customers and I love helping them.
alltelbran

May 13, 2008, 3:59 PM
๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
SEM

May 13, 2008, 10:57 AM
Yeah they are by far my favorite customers. I love the ones that come in thinking you are their enemy, but then realize you are just trying to help haha. They then go into all of their stories from the past and dont want to leave until they tell you every one they can remember.
cheaperatwalmart

May 13, 2008, 11:40 AM
Yeah but sometimes you need a good story. We've so slow lately I pray for a story.
llama

May 13, 2008, 12:10 PM
at band camp...
cheaperatwalmart

May 13, 2008, 12:12 PM
Haha. I would crap my pants if someone came in and started a story like that ๐Ÿคฃ
charliegirl

May 13, 2008, 12:24 PM
When I sold electronics I had 2 old ladies who would only be helped by me. Eventually they learned my schedule and would only come in if I was there. Luckily they were loaded!!! They trusted me b/c I wouldn't sell them things that they had no need for. One of them really wanted a digital camera (this is when they were new). She didn't know that you couldn't get the card "developed" ๐Ÿคฃ Again this was before CVS, etc had the do-it-yourself machines. She was so grateful that I got her a simple camera and a printer that all she had to do was put the card in.
OfAMightDivine

May 13, 2008, 12:36 PM
I don't know what the old people in all of y'all areas are like, but from your posts, they all seem like nice people. Some how I NEVER get those old people. I always get the old people that have a Blackberry and want to know how to set up an e-mail address that they don't have yet on it. They bought it JUST so their children in another state can send them an e-mail with a picture of their probably very ugly (and probably very stupid) grandchildren.

Or I'll get the old man who's just now figuring out his old-ass analog phone that he's had since 1988 no longer works because they shut down the network in February, and he wants a credit for the last few months because he didn't know it was being shut off.

Or, my personal favorite. The one...
(continues)
BLEDSOE

May 14, 2008, 10:52 AM
I like helping older people but i have had that situation too. Had a guy come in arguing over $.01. Said he had called c/serv and told them the amount he was paying and that was it!! It is one penny!!! They had already credited him back the usage charges for pic msgs that his grandkids sent him. After i informed him that we could not credit bills in the store he eventually called back in and they credited him $.02.... ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
warrantyjockey

May 13, 2008, 2:04 PM
Old people smell funny
ihateeverything

May 13, 2008, 2:39 PM
This elderly couple that bought a prepaid that didnt matter to me came in because they said the battery didn't hold a charge. I pushed the chord in a little and it charged.

I had another guy come in said he couldn't turn it on. I pressed the power button. Low and behold by the grace of god it turned on!
ihateeverything

May 13, 2008, 4:57 PM
what's cheaper at walmart is the pay rate for employees
cheaperatwalmart

May 14, 2008, 1:18 PM
I decided on that name because I got tired of hearing it from the damn customers. If it is so much cheaper there then go buy it there and when you have problems with it don't come in here bitching to me. I won't do a fru for you and I'm not setting up your email.
VZWrara

May 19, 2008, 12:29 PM
AWW.. SAD DAY... lol i love old customers like that. ... and then like a week ago..my dad calls me freaking out.. for the same reason. he needed a new phone. his was dead... no dad hold the little red button down for a min. yep.. just turned off... poor daddy.. lol

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.