Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Its the little things...

Tmo Slave

Apr 30, 2008, 8:17 PM
that help me enjoy my job a little better.

I really enjoy when a customer comes in to pay their bill. They have their statement in their hand. I ask them what their phone number is. I know it would just be easier to ask them for their statement but I love watching them squirm and struggle trying to remember their own phone number. Looking up at the ceiling as they are trying to remember or frantically looking through their phone to see if its in there. All the while their statement is in their hand. 😈

Is this a sadistic thing to do to exploit the weaknesses of my customers for my own amusement? 😈
traegon

Apr 30, 2008, 8:24 PM
Considering what we go thru on a daily basis, no matter your department, I would say no. Especially if it's a customer who consistantly does it. Though I do find it refreshing when you get the rare customer who just wants to pay their bill and do what their suppose to do.
OfAMightDivine

Apr 30, 2008, 11:07 PM
I also have a dark secret. I love customers who stutter. I know it's bad, and I know I suck for it. I'll ask them questions that involve them explaining things to me in detail.

I sometimes like to get them mad on purpose just so they stutter more and can't finish sentences.
traegon

Apr 30, 2008, 11:09 PM
Okay.. that's just mean. 😢
MizzSprint

May 1, 2008, 12:07 AM
I love the statement when you ask them for their number they say " Well I don't call myself" in my head I'm saying I see how popular you are. I bet you know your home phone number. Knowing your phone number is just like knowing your address, you should know this.
TeamAzul

May 1, 2008, 12:12 AM
old people crack me up the most. They always have it written on a post-it and taped to the back of the phone. -OR- Ive seen a few actually scratched in there...we had a guy scrath his phone number on the back of his phone and then try to return it within his 30 days! Ya...like new condition...
OfAMightDivine

May 1, 2008, 12:24 AM
Man, if you think that's mean, I probably shouldn't tell you that I like to make blind people describe what they see on the screen of their phone.
OfAMightDivine

May 1, 2008, 1:37 AM
I don't do either of those things. I'm just messin' around. I do think those things would be funny to see those things in a movie, but way too mean to actual do.
traegon

May 1, 2008, 4:37 PM
😁 Okay, that makes me feel better, and I agree with the movie part. 😉
charliegirl

May 1, 2008, 9:27 AM
😳 wow that's just mean. I have one customer who stutters and I actually enjoy talking to him and being patient with him. The more patient I am with him, the less he stutters and in the end he thanks me for my help and patience. He's a REALLY nice guy so I would feel horrible if I was mean or impatient.
gozvzw

May 1, 2008, 10:54 AM
It is mean, I used to stutter when I was younger and it is extremely embarrassing and frustrating. Now it rarely comes out unless I am extremely nervous, or I will randomly repeat phrases and words once in a while. If I'm with friends or family it's funny and I laugh at it. If I'm around people I'm not familiar with I still get really embarrassed 🤭
charliegirl

May 1, 2008, 10:59 AM
I don't think anyone should get embarassed about it. I just let the person stuttering take their time. I don't rush them or try to finish the sentence for them. I feel that once they feel they can relax around me then we can get through the conversation easier. Especially if I am face to face with them. You can see it in their face once they realize I am patient. They take a sigh and smile and after a while the stuttering becomes minimal or I don't even realize it anymore.
gozvzw

May 1, 2008, 11:34 AM
I agree, it shouldn't be embarassing but it is. When I do stutter it is so minimal that most people wouldn't notice but I do. Oh well, it's the way it goes!
traegon

May 1, 2008, 4:41 PM
Yeah. I use to stutter when I was younger too. It still comes out at rando times, but for me it's not so much repeating, I tend to get stuck on words at time. As you said though, usually only if i'm nervous or agitated. It can be quite embarassing. 🤭

I do remember the coolest point in my speech therapy class in middle school though, people dont stutter when they sing because there's a rhythm 🙂
ErikaMarie

May 1, 2008, 12:13 PM
I didn't need their damn statements, I just wanted a phone #. Why is that so hard?
OfAMightDivine

May 1, 2008, 12:33 PM
Because everything is hard for a typical customer to do.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.