Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Fu*kin Passwords.

OfAMightDivine

Apr 28, 2008, 11:09 PM
First if all... I FUC*IN HATE SEEING AN ACCOUNT WITH A PASSWORD ON IT. EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM MAKES ME CRINGE IN AGONY BECAUSE I KNOW 99% OF THE TIME THE FENCEPOST OF A CUSTOMER I HAVE ON THE LINE WON'T REMEMBER THE DAMN THING.

Why is this such a big problem for customers?

Seriously, I added up the time I spent today JUST resetting passwords. 42 minutes. Granted today was a teeeeeny bit more unusual, but I would estimate I spend at least 25-30 minutes a day resetting forgotten account passwords for morons. WHY IS IT A HASSLE TO REMEMBER FIVE NUMBERS?

Then the really stupid thing, of course, after waiting 5 minutes for them to stop rambling passwords and stuff... is that when I finally am able to change the password... THEY CHANG...
(continues)
ninjanewton

Apr 29, 2008, 6:20 AM
Man, I feel you on that one. What I also hate is when they have a password like babymama93, and they sit there saying 93babymama. Over and over. "It's gotta be 93babymama, 'cause that's what it's always been. I never changed it. Who changed my password? Tell me who changed my password!!"

*sigh*

And then there's always...

"May I have your PIN?"

"You mean my PIN number?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"6671."

"It will be 6-10 digits, ma'am."

"...then it's giants67."

"Numerical digits, ma'am." (God, I feel like a moron)
ralph_on_me

Apr 29, 2008, 9:22 AM
ninjanewton said:
"May I have your PIN?"

"You mean my PIN number?"

NO! I mean your PIN!

It irks me to no end when people say PIN number. It's not a Personal Identification Number Number. It's just a Personal Identification Number. God, I'm almost glad I threw out my back just so I have a few days without dealing with these types of people.
UOQuack

Apr 29, 2008, 9:57 AM
Can I have a personal PIN number? I dont want just a random PIN number, I want to be personal, that way no one else will know it. Can you do that for me?
ralph_on_me

Apr 29, 2008, 11:06 AM
I I can can do do the the can can can can but but I I cant cant do do that that.
I_need_a _new_job

May 9, 2008, 5:42 PM
I know what you mean, I get people who call in and say that they don't know there pin or there billing address and they say "what else can I verify for you" or "i'm just calling to get another phone". It's like verify the information or get off my phone you idiot.
ninjanewton

Apr 29, 2008, 11:30 AM
Finally someone who understands me.

And they get so angry when I correct them. It may not be such a big deal, but when I hear fourty or so people say that every day...

It just gets to me.
golem22

Apr 29, 2008, 2:19 PM
The sad thing is if the custy does remember the Pword or Pin right off the bat its probably a repeat caller. If they seem bored while giveing it to you the chance of it being a credit addict is significantly higher...
BLEDSOE

Apr 29, 2008, 9:54 AM
I hat passwords too...On our computer systems now you dont get to see the password anymore you type it in. The bad thing is..it is case sensitive. So if whoever typed it in spelled it wrong or capitalized the first letter..NO GO! And now you have a customer running thru every password they have EVER used since 1960. Since we are not a corp store you call in to get it reset and they do not believe that we are competent enough to verify the identity of the customer with three forms of id in front of us. So now i have to tell a 75 year old woman that she needs to drive 40 miles to the "big city" where there is a corp store and she can get the password reset. Where they will upgrade her phone and probably sell her a bluetooth.

So yeah i ...
(continues)
ajstrong

Apr 29, 2008, 9:58 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with you; on a separate note, thanks for the informative nature of the longest word entry 😁 😎
ImmixGuy

Apr 29, 2008, 10:00 AM
its interesting to know that the hearing is on my b-day...
ihateeverything

Apr 29, 2008, 11:09 AM
We can typically bypass this..in store of course. 😁
liquidfire

Apr 29, 2008, 12:44 PM
i thought pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis was the longest word in the english language...
btw... its a lung condition caused by microscopic dust inhaled by miners
icanexplain

Apr 29, 2008, 12:48 PM
lungconditioncausedbymicroscopicdustinhaledby miners
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Well, the medical name is shorter than the layman's name.
thiscurveismine

Apr 29, 2008, 7:39 PM
technically you are correct. pneumonoultramicroscopicslivoclvanoconiosis is the longest "WORD" in the English language being that is has an actual definition and it is not a nonsensical word.

As quoted from above:
"(On a real quick side note about something DUMB with that word : It is currently the longest word in the world. It beat out "Anglosterechtopitonomoutrouphy" at the 1950 World's Fair in Chicago Illinois. An injunction has been filed by the International Word Committee (IWC) by Dr. Gerald Dean Hobart PhD -- the world-renowned linguist from Brown Mackie College -- for violating code BN871.3 subsection 12 of IWC Rule Book for being "NONSESICAL." Hearings will begin June 9, 2008.) "
20momof3

May 8, 2008, 8:37 PM
In my department, (accessories) all we have access to see on the account is the primary's name, phone number, last 4 SSN and their address; yet time and again we get authorized users calling in to place orders stating "well, I'm an authorized user" or "it's my wife's account, I verified it, why can't you place the order?" Then there's the beloved "This is ridiculous, I want to talk to your supervisor and he/she will override the system and place the order for me."

...And there's also the "My name is Joe blow and I need a (insert random accessory here) for my (insert any phone here)...my mobile number is xxx-xxx-xxxx and my password is flowers." ..."Sir, I do apologize but my system does not show me passwords, I do need the last 4 of y...
(continues)
Juanbyjuan

May 9, 2008, 1:36 PM
I love people who can't get thier stupid ass passwords. The best is when i get a escc call about it.

Me: "ok sir, can i have you password>"

C: "americafreedom"

Me: "sorry sir, that is not you password. You can take 2 forms of i.d. to a store and get that reset." (password being americasfree)

C: "Is this how you treat american soilders fighting for foregin people like you! I want your manger!"

Me: "ok sir, there is a 10 to 25 min hold time for a manger. And they will tell you the same thing." 🙂

Funny thing is the customer waited 30 mintues just to hear go to a store 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.