Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Working for ATT vs. Sprint

OPM

Apr 15, 2008, 10:17 PM
Hello People, I am a long time lurker on the boards but recently started working in the wireless biz...

Anyway, I'm currently considering 3 jobs...2 of which are from the aforementioned companies as a Retail sales Consultant/Rep. I'm just curious about the pros and cons of working for both of the companies. I understand Sprint is recovering (hopefully) at the moment. but I just want to hear what are some of the pros/cons, advantages or benefits that each company has over the other as far as being working there.

I searched but quite honestly, Phonescoop doesnt have the greatest searching function and most of what I did find was outdated (2004-2006) information, so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I'm considering thi...
(continues)
exattalltelisbetter

Apr 23, 2008, 1:47 PM
dont pick at&t their commission structure is horrible i worked for at&t for 10 months as a sales representative and their commission structure is horrible. i now work for an alltel agent and their commission structure pays 4 times more with half as many sales as at&t's. Also.. dont try using your at&T medical benefit card at most doctors in the u.s. it'll probably only be accepted at like 12 in this country... it sucks basically and have fun working 9 am to 9 pm and having 6 am meetings on saturdays!! 🙂 good luck
Katiadp

Apr 23, 2008, 2:23 PM
Try Verizon Wireless. as a sales rep you can make up to $60,000/ year and thats your base salary with commission. the base salary starts at $12 something per hour and the commission is great.but you really have to work hard to bring in those sales. as a customer service rep your annual salary is $35,000 with an annual incentive, every february you get an incentive,i got almost $3,000. the benefits are great. Maybe the only part
I dont like is when you have a very annoying manager who nags all day and is mean and bitchy. Sometimes you have those very annoying customers, but dont take it personal, they are just confused and need some orientation, other than that, I love working for verizon wireless. Plus theres a lot of opportunity for growt...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.