Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

~~~ UBP ~~~

sprintNSSslave

Apr 15, 2008, 9:43 PM
you guys that are freaking out about UBP are overreacting a bit ... yes the transfer from p2k and premiere is a little shaky, but its a piece of cake ... our center received ubp and the training over 10 months ago and it only took about a week maybe 2 for everyone to get the hang out it ... im serious, you guys will look back at your old posts about ubp and laugh in a few weeks ... calm down take a deep breath, using ubp only means more money for sprint which is more money for us ... they just gave us a center wide raise making the starting wage $10 an hour and $9 an hour for training, which is really good for sitting on your butt talking on the phone all day ... we've got it pretty easy for the most part, just hang in there with UBP i promi...
(continues)
traegon

Apr 15, 2008, 10:12 PM
As I previously posted, people are not upset with UBP because of how hard it is. People are frustrated at how crappy it is compared to Premiere. I can name on one hand what I like about Ensemble. In almost every aspect, Premiere was much better.

Those of us who spent any length of time in Premiere become frustrated simply because Enesemble is not as good a program as Premiere. I'll cut and paste my previous post and perhaps this will clear some things up, which what I point out in there has not yet been refuted to be untrue.

Posted Previously:

It's not that UBP is hard, it's that it's the most un-user friendly piece of poo on the planet. It's frustrating, not hard. It's long steps, not hard. Paying attention in training has nothing...
(continues)
sprintNSSslave

Apr 15, 2008, 10:21 PM
i do agree with most of that ... and even i was one of the few in our center to protest against UBP when we got it ... within a month tho i stopped whinning about it and just sucked it up and got help from floor support/help desk when i needed ... now im floor support and get to help the agents that are their first day on the floor with UBP so i do understand the frustration that comes with it ... all im asking is for the ppl to stop acting like 15 year olds in regaurd to UBP ... we are professionals and rep sprint even when we are ranting on a site or forum
traegon

Apr 15, 2008, 10:33 PM
Oh, I agree. Though this is nice place to vent when you have those moments. I've been working UBP for months now, so. Just before it was mostly the Finance side, now I do both, Care and Finance. 🙂

I just posted that because I think alot of people thought people were being stupid when that wasn't the case 🙂 Frustration more than anything.
swilki

Apr 16, 2008, 5:38 PM
I have to agree with sprintNSSslave, I had p2k for almost 2 years and seen just about all the changes it went through, and I too have had UBP for the last 14 months, as he said it was shakey at first but after a week or two once you get used to where everything it is nothing. Im no dissing your for being frustrated, i know those calls where customer wants to go over their bill and you cant view it or have to take an extra five minutes to use a tool to open it that dont work half the time. Belive me you guys do have it easy. Try being part of the first migration where nobody even floor support knew what they were doing. I would have loved to have actually been able to have help instead of taking half an hour a call to try to figure it out on ...
(continues)
traegon

Apr 16, 2008, 6:04 PM
I know exactly how you feel. We also got UBP when the first migration happened (only about 500,000 customers) to work the Finance side of it a that time 🙂 So we've had it for quite awhile. As stated though, it's not how hard Ensemble is that annoys people. It's how much crappier of a program overall it is compared to Premiere. 🙂
tick

Apr 17, 2008, 9:08 AM
As most things in life P2K and UBP both have good qualities and bad qualities. I used both and I like UBP. If they cut down on the steps it takes to complete certain tasks on UBP, by all means please do. I am waiting for such updates!

The only complaint I have about any of Sprint's tools/apps is the lag. Fix your shjt Sprint, I'm tired of it sometimes taking 1-2 minutes to just pull up an account.
rainbow_metals

Apr 16, 2008, 5:07 PM
hey do you work for sprint or a vendor and what state are you in? just wondering because your starting wage is more than i am making after four and half years. and my state of oregon has the highest minumun wage out of most of the states at 7.95/hr.
inked n poked.

Apr 16, 2008, 6:51 PM
the minimun wage here is $6.50 in MO.
they got centerwide raises in general b/c of the money that the center recieved from sprint.

got a new recording system for the quality dept, and everyone got raises.

but they are SUPER stict now.
so it comes with a price.

just FYI.
sprintNSSslave

Apr 16, 2008, 8:36 PM
umm yea what she said ... but also we get an extra $0.40 for working 3:30 - midnight too making it $10.40 an hour just to start ... basically our center kicked alot of @ss in 2007 we were number 1, 2 or 3 every month with bistol and sprint gave more money to our center and in return we got raises and better quaility software
swilki

Apr 19, 2008, 5:00 PM
here it just changed, $9.75 to start, there is attendance incentive and IR incentive to make up to $4.50 more an hour on top of sales bonus, but we dont get any raises ever again no, Im at almost $11 and i will keep that even though they cahnged everything as long as i stay here (been here 3 plus years)
spidermon

Apr 19, 2008, 5:11 PM
You guys are all getting screwed over. T-Mobile starts their call center reps @ 12.50 an hour, and that was over 3 years ago. Im in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I switched to a retail store b/c with the commission it's way more than that. Quit Sprint b/c they suck and they aren't paying you enough.
swilki

Apr 19, 2008, 5:31 PM
well i wouldnt say that its that bad, considering there is nothing else here, I live in a town so small that the only time the population goes up is when our neighbours cow bessy has a calf, yessir.
spidermon

Apr 19, 2008, 6:10 PM
lol, i hear ya. I'm from a small town too originally, and i guess things are cheaper there. Tell Bessie i said hi, she never writes anymore. ☚ī¸
custservguru

Apr 20, 2008, 1:25 PM
im a vendor site.. we start training off at $9 i think too and then $10 once they are on the floor.. but we are also a tech center as well.. once you go thru tech you get another $1.50/hr.. so within 2 years of being here, i'm at $13/hr.
brandtz

Apr 20, 2008, 1:43 PM
our site here is vendor as well, we have a $8.50 wage but a starting wage of $9...go figure that out. There is a $2/hr sliding scale incentive bonus that is based off metrics (handle time/issue resolution) so technically you can make up to $10.50/hour but that extra $2 is actually not a wage raise, it's a 'bonus' and is taxed harshly by the fed gov. There are very nice sales bonus though up to $1000 extra a month for beating the quota. But if you don't hustle for sales it can be a bit of a small check. I guess our trick is unlimited overtime without pre-approval that makes it worth it.
custservguru

Apr 20, 2008, 1:47 PM
yea well until im confortable with ubp i will not be working overtime. lol
brandtz

Apr 20, 2008, 2:00 PM
haha word, I take sup calls now, so overtime in the evening is pretty easy since most escalated calls (at least the valid ones....) happen early in the mornings or immediately after school hours or work gets out at 5, since most of the cust base is east coast, things slow way down after 5-6pm PST 😁
sho0g

Apr 21, 2008, 12:25 PM
Yeah i was thinking that site is a vendor. if you work for corporate call center its starts around 13.00 depending where its at and we live in area cost of living is pretty cheap. so places like sacramento its 15.00 starting
brandtz

Apr 20, 2008, 12:03 PM
I dispute the interface argument, i've been with UBP prior to it even being called UBP, it was always just ensemble, it's very straight forward program, sure I don't like some of the validation error's but at the same time its also very easy to catch mistakes that way, I have been a mentor for the new hire agents so as you can imagine, I'm very involved with the way the program works, and I'm fairly sure it's not a fair bash of UI as oppposed to biased opinion with p2k/premiere.

of course everyone has shock when there are platform changes, same as going to sview from just csm, but that doesn't mean you can slam it. There is an entirely unbalanced amount of you p2k'rs ragging on my digs yo. CSM is very powerful and learn to respect.
sprintNSSslave

Apr 20, 2008, 8:04 PM
after using ubp for 10+ months i totally agree
Leishbl

Apr 21, 2008, 12:21 PM
For the most part I do agree that the new billing system is a time saver in some instances; however, many instances it will error out for no apparent reason which results in reps having to contact NSS for assistance with a simple upgrade. Note: getting through to NSS is fairly easy, but its more or less we cannot complete a simple transaction in the store and have to rely on someone else to "attempt" and hopefully get it to go through. Most of the time I am able to speak to someone who knows their stuff; however, I have had to call back several times until I find someone who knows their stuff. But, as they launch more patches etc I'm sure UBP will be quite efficent.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.