Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Insurance from Sprint

caca

Apr 12, 2008, 4:43 PM
Does TEP cover water damaged phones?

To where the customer only has to pay a $50 deductible.
Squirrel Mob

Apr 12, 2008, 4:44 PM
Yes. TEP covers lost/stolen/damaged beyond repair.
oguruma

Apr 12, 2008, 4:55 PM
For shizzle. however I recommend just saying you lost the phone, so you don't have to send the damaged phone back, and you can keep the battery in case it still works.

**NOTE: Recommendation provided qualifies as insurance fraud**
ac4321

Apr 12, 2008, 9:46 PM
oguruma said:
For shizzle. however I recommend just saying you lost the phone, so you don't have to send the damaged phone back, and you can keep the battery in case it still works.

**NOTE: Recommendation provided qualifies as insurance fraud**

Since many of the phones they send out are just the core of the phone, not the battery, you'd be better off just keeping the battery and sending the phone back anyway.

Plus, you don't commit insurance fraud.
😉
oguruma

Apr 13, 2008, 10:41 AM
Actually, the insurance covers whatever was part of the loss. So in in instance of water-damage, they would assume the battery was toast, however that is not always the case. And they would actually require the battery back with the phone if you had it. However, if you tell them you lost the phone, you get to keep the battery, which may or may not work. PLUS it's entirely possible for your phone to get lost in the mail if you do send it back, in which case, the insurance company is not liable for it. Which means that you get to pay $300 or so for a piece of equipment you owe them. Also, there is no way for the insurance company to determine what actually happened to the phone...
Christine Evans

Apr 13, 2008, 7:14 AM
Yes, it also covers normal wear and tear.
puglet

Apr 13, 2008, 1:41 PM
What you guys think about signal? THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST COMPANY! I get back to back calls of batteries being defective, phone is obviously bunk... Cust calls to SIgnal and they xferred them to me for "troubleshooting!" LOL I always tell the cust "Well it is very apparent that it is broken, and they like to goto track meets, since they are giving you the run around. Just tell them you don't appreciate the misdirection and demand to talk to a sup."

Plus the notes I write for them tend to turn into lengthy tangents.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.