Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

pin numbers

eljeffe666

Apr 11, 2008, 1:16 PM
y do ppl set up passwords on phones and then when they cant remember them think its my fault

i just had someone come in with a passworded phone
told him that if he has only locked the simcard and not the phone that he could buy a new simcard and that would solve the prob

he gets all uppity that he bought the phone from here and its not working right that i should fix it

he could not grasp the concept that the password was something that was set up by him and its not our fault in the least

blah i hate ppl

thats y i never do anything with pin numbers
golem22

Apr 11, 2008, 1:18 PM
Of course not, you forget in America people are told that the customer is allways right. Never mind that we all know it to bullshit, in reality 90% of the time the customer is totally wrong...
eljeffe666

Apr 11, 2008, 1:24 PM
ur precentages are awfully low arnt they
golem22

Apr 11, 2008, 1:28 PM
your right it is more like 99999999999999% of the customers are wrong 🙂
MizzSprint

Apr 11, 2008, 2:47 PM
I get customers who set up pin numbers on their accounts, and whenever I ask them for their pin they look at me like I have four heads.
danbright

Apr 11, 2008, 5:04 PM
yea!! 👿 they are like, what?? i never set up a pin or the prev rep didn't ask me for a pin??
dualitycomplex

Apr 11, 2008, 9:55 PM
i get this one all the time.

"the people at the other store do it for me all the time without asking for any of this information"

you mean to tell me they dont verify you are the account holder and your happy about this?

sorry dont get mad at me cause i refuse to help some one make changes and add lines to their account without providing me with more than the most basic information about the account.

Name and Phone number ugh.
liquidfire

Apr 14, 2008, 10:36 AM
yea they always tell me, well they dont ask for that at this place. well then go to that place and let them be responsible for it. why do ppl have such an issue with us trying to protect them?
smiliey

Apr 11, 2008, 5:20 PM
hahah that is so funny!!! i get those same looks LMAO!
MizzSprint

Apr 14, 2008, 10:33 AM
I love when they say " Verizon doesn't ask for stuff like this"

It's for your protection!!! As soon as something is wrong with their account they'll go using that against us. "Well they let anybody access the account that has my phone number. So I'm going to sue for fraud"
Tmo Slave

Apr 11, 2008, 1:34 PM
We are able to reset the password for the customer. If they enter the password wrong to many times it comes up telling the customer to enter the PUK code. THey have to come into the store to get the code. We have to verify the account to make sure its not a stolen phone. Thats why I always question why these people can't remember their pin. I've had many people with stolen phones trying to unlock them.
eljeffe666

Apr 11, 2008, 1:38 PM
we do not have the code nor do i have any access to the codes

i give them their options they can buy a simcard or they can try customer service
which has about a 50 50 shot of being told ur gonna need to buy a new simcard anyway

but i did not put a password on the phone neither did suncom so dont get pissy with me cause u have to spend $10 to get ur 450 curve working again
Seribus

Apr 11, 2008, 1:45 PM
lol i have that same problem from time to time 🤣 🤣 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.