Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 28 replies

The Mexican Corn Conspiracy

tick

Apr 9, 2008, 7:19 PM
The government is converting corn to fuel. I truly believe this to be a conspiracy to raise the price of corn to get rid of your average tortilla-eating beaner.

It's a conspiracy I tell you, A Conspiracy! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
attwork

Apr 9, 2008, 7:33 PM
Its three doors down on your left... ๐Ÿ™‚

Also....Tacos rule... ๐Ÿคค
tick

Apr 10, 2008, 10:38 AM
tick said:
The government is converting corn to fuel. I truly believe this to be a conspiracy to raise the price of corn to get rid of your average tortilla-eating beaner.

It's a conspiracy I tell you, A Conspiracy! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

I knew it. Here's more proof: ๐Ÿ˜‰

(CBS) The Mexican state of Guanajuato has fertile land and a mild climate. For years, however, poverty there has led many north to find work on farms in the United States.

But now there is movement across the border the other way, reports CBS News correspondent John Blackstone. Steve Scaroni is an American farmer who has moved to Mexico.

"It's a very sad situation that, you know, at 50 years old, I've had to come down here in...
(continues)
player1

Apr 10, 2008, 11:00 AM
Now my question is why cant they open farms on their own and leave my country, and yes you are right we should be having this conversation in the lounge.
tick

Apr 10, 2008, 11:05 AM
It was my mistake. Towards the end of my shift I posted this thread and I wasn't aware I was posting it in Shop Talk. Sorry. ๐Ÿ™‚
lilfroggy

Apr 10, 2008, 11:15 AM
Um the US has been turning corn into ethenol for many years, there is a plant not far from my house. We use ethenol in my state.
tick

Apr 10, 2008, 11:21 AM
lilfroggy said:
Um the US has been turning corn into ethenol for many years, there is a plant not far from my house. We use ethenol in my state.

Ethanol*

Well there you go. You're proving my point. ๐Ÿ˜›
lilfroggy

Apr 10, 2008, 11:25 AM
Sorry about the spell error i was on a call oops
tick

Apr 10, 2008, 1:59 PM
Lol, ok.... no worries. ๐Ÿคฃ
Fenix1003

Apr 10, 2008, 2:17 PM
You are a native then ๐Ÿคจ
tick

Apr 10, 2008, 2:24 PM
Fenix1003 said:
You are a native then ๐Ÿคจ

Lol, shuddap smart-ass. ๐Ÿคฃ
Fenix1003

Apr 10, 2008, 2:29 PM
Its Better to be a smartass than a dumbass....dumbass ๐Ÿ™‚
Fenix1003

Apr 10, 2008, 2:16 PM
LOL ๐Ÿคฃ
I wonder why he couldn't get enough American men to work on his farm? ๐Ÿ™„
tick

Apr 10, 2008, 2:27 PM
Because American men wouldn't want to toil & sweat in the sun. Especially not for a lame-ass wage.
Fenix1003

Apr 10, 2008, 2:29 PM
Ofcourse not!
Bunch of sissies affraid to sweat, thats why ur women leave u and your benefits follow.
tick

Apr 10, 2008, 2:33 PM
I think I struck a nerve. ๐Ÿ˜•
Fenix1003

Apr 10, 2008, 2:36 PM
Nah, my comments were aimed at the fact that I thought u were from KY, a proud american man...u r from Ukraine, so nvm
golem22

Apr 10, 2008, 2:07 PM
Does anyone else see useing good viable agricultural land to produce gas substitutes as a bad idea? Factor in the fact that pesticides as well as fertaliser is typically made with fossil fuels and you can see the utter ridiculousness of the situation.
tick

Apr 10, 2008, 2:13 PM
golem22 said:
Does anyone else see useing good viable agricultural land to produce gas substitutes as a bad idea? Factor in the fact that pesticides as well as fertaliser is typically made with fossil fuels and you can see the utter ridiculousness of the situation.

Not to mention the energy that it takes to harvest the damn corn and then to convert that shjt...

I am against it, it most certainly is a bad idea.
lilfroggy

Apr 10, 2008, 3:10 PM
If we didn't have Ethanol where I live, I wouldn't be able to drive in the winter without my gas freezing.
gozvzw

Apr 10, 2008, 3:14 PM
Where are you? We have a plant here too. IMO it is a much better option. I don't know everything about it but I think I have been told that it is a much cleaner burning fuel too so it is better for the environment, I think, plus it's cheaper!
golem22

Apr 10, 2008, 3:40 PM
If we all started useing it your grocerybills would go up, simply stated useing viable agricultural land to produce ethanal is not a good idea, in the small ammounts that are produced now it is not causing any harm but in order to produce enough for the US market a great deal of land would be needed. That and as mentioned when you factor in the pesicide and fertalizer use any supposed benefit from cleaner burning will be negated.
gozvzw

Apr 10, 2008, 2:45 PM
Well let's see, till land, grow corn, produce it into ethanol (with little pollution) or destroy land drilling and digging for oil (which I don't know what they use to power the drills but I would assume some type of fuel also).
Ethanol is something that can continue to be produced whereas we will eventually use up the earth's oil supply. I think it's a good idea that we are finding ways to reduce the amount of oil used now instead of when it's to late. Also E85 is a less expensive gas so if your car will take it, bonus!
Fenix1003

Apr 10, 2008, 2:23 PM
A tortilla eating beaner, so i guess we eat bean tacos all the time, yummy...and what are u? Natural Lighht-drinker-sister banging-redneck?
tick

Apr 10, 2008, 2:31 PM
Fenix1003 said:
A tortilla eating beaner, so i guess we eat bean tacos all the time, yummy...and what are u? Natural Lighht-drinker-sister banging-redneck?

I added that racist remark for humor purposes, no harm intended. I was born in Ukraine, I'm sister-less and I am definitely not a redneck. ๐Ÿ™‚
Fenix1003

Apr 10, 2008, 2:34 PM
dam*
Ah, lol, I am the selfproclaimed beaner deffender....lame I know, but u see ur info said KY, so I just figured, and I really don't know any european insults, so i am all out ...I guess I will spend a few minutes in google ๐Ÿ™„
tick

Apr 10, 2008, 2:57 PM
Fenix1003 said:
dam*
Ah, lol, I am the selfproclaimed beaner deffender....lame I know, but u see ur info said KY, so I just figured, and I really don't know any european insults, so i am all out ...I guess I will spend a few minutes in google ๐Ÿ™„

Ukrainians have close ties with Russians if that helps you any. I'm a mix of Ukrainian/Russian... ๐Ÿ˜‰
Fenix1003

Apr 10, 2008, 3:03 PM
nah its ok
tick

Apr 10, 2008, 4:11 PM
Lol, ok.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.