Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Were you raised in Interuptville?

turn1animal

Mar 31, 2008, 7:43 PM
Why is it that when I say my opening people feel need to interupt me? And they pop of with thier name, life story, everything I need except thier flipping phone number. Also, why is it that I need to say this whole long opening when 99.9% of the time they interupt anyways? Grr. I am better...
OfAMightDivine

Mar 31, 2008, 7:59 PM
My personal favorite is the

"Thank you fo..."

"HELLO?!?!?!?!"

"Yes, I'm here."
attwork

Apr 1, 2008, 10:25 AM
OfAMightDivine said:
My personal favorite is the

"Thank you fo..."

"HELLO?!?!?!?!"

"Yes, I'm here."

....And it usually sounds like they are driving down the interstate at 75 mph with their heads hanging out the window.

God I hate that.
Thales

Apr 1, 2008, 11:03 AM
Back when I worked in an AT&T call-center I would start ALL over again.

"Thank you for calling..."

"Hello????"

"Thank you for calling AT&T..."

"Hello?" *Hurricane force winds whipping across the phone.*

"Thank you for calling AT&T, my name is ______________, may I have your mobile number starting with the area code?"

You want to interrupt me, I'll make this take longer by repeating myself again and again.

-fin
Thales
attwork

Apr 1, 2008, 11:12 AM
yeah, I do that sometimes too...mostly I just ignore them and say what I'm trying to say even if they are talking or trying to interupt.
oguruma

Apr 4, 2008, 12:44 PM
I usually just disconnect when this happens....
custservguru

Apr 4, 2008, 1:04 PM
Must be nice if you can disconnect your calls! I could get fired for hanging up on people.
Thales

Apr 4, 2008, 5:12 PM
In my day hanging up or getting angry with a customer was an instantly terminable offense. You must work for Spring! LoL

-fin
Thales
chocolateman85006

Apr 1, 2008, 11:18 AM
I hate that!! 👿
MizzSprint

Apr 4, 2008, 12:29 PM
What I really hate is when I'm working with a customer and they skip the line or they just come to the desk and interrupt me mid sentence and says " Excuse me can I upgrade my phone?" Totally ignoring the customer sitting in front of me. In that case I usually just ignore them, you see I'm talking to someone you can't wait a few minutes? Stop being a selfish prick for one minute and relax. It's not that serious, your upgrade isn't going to run away if it isn't done by a certain time.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.