Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

Indirect Dealers Don't know ANYTHING!

giantpeach

Mar 28, 2008, 6:21 PM
They don't know how to do the simplest things! 🙄 And we have this one guy in the next town over that is just a royal pain in the arse! He's committing fraud all over the place, giving out false phone prices to customers (then they come to us saying, "how come its only $70 here, but its $105 in the next town over?) Gee, let me think. There was some rumor about this guy being fired over a year ago, and it still hasn't happened. WHY NOT!?

How many of you feel the same way about your Indirect Dealers?
dualitycomplex

Mar 28, 2008, 6:37 PM
dude before you lump all indirects into one pile ya should think long and hard, maybe that one guy is a bone head, maybe that store is full of bone heads but to put us all into one lump is a load of horse sh!t, i work indirect and i know a hell of alot more than more than half the people at the direct stores around me, for the most part the direct dealers around me just want to ring up their sale kick their custie out the door and slam the next one, i spend over half my day cleaning up directs mess ups.

how can that phone be less money at the direct well hmm cause some can discount the phone down if they must, they arent like corp that is locked into phone pricing. I for one have made deals that the corp store cannot do, and still make...
(continues)
giantpeach

Mar 28, 2008, 7:09 PM
The whole point was, the guy is an idiot. I wasn't bashing all Direct (Or Indirect) dealers. Just this dude. He's a total moron! -That, and another location down the street from us. The rep there and the manager were caught having a sexual relationship on the counter in front of the store... 🙄 As if that doesn't tell you enough.

And he wasn't able to give better deals. We were cheaper. That guy is really committing fraud. He pockets most the money that he over charges for his phones. His phones are the same price as ours (but the customer doesn't know it)!

I'm sorry if I offended you, but believe me, I know what its like to work with dealers. We have someone that works with them and his office is actually in our store.....
(continues)
Wyldchylde

Mar 28, 2008, 7:22 PM
There's idiots like that at a lot of dealers, but also a lot of cor stores.

There was a dude at out cor store telling people they had deposits and only taking cash for them then pocketing the money. He thankfully only got away with it for a short time but still, there's idiots all over the damn place.
Ghosthendrikson

Mar 29, 2008, 11:34 AM
Do you have actual proof that he is taking the difference in phone prices and pocketing the money?

Do you understand that Dealers do not have to match Corporate on phone prices?

All you have been able to tell us is that he is an idiot/moron, who once had sex with a coworker. Do you have any examples of him actually screwing things up?

Next time I would do some research and provide a little bit more before you make an extremely BROAD comment like "Indirect Dealers Don't know ANYTHING!"
giantpeach

Mar 29, 2008, 1:49 PM
Two Different people.

ONE of them, is pocketing money.

The OTHER is having sex.

Now, I do not have proof of this man committing fraud...BUT, the company does! I'm sorry, I failed to note that in the last post. Thank you for being so arrogant in correcting me.
Hombre07

Mar 30, 2008, 1:48 AM
Then it's the companies responsibility to fix it. Not yours to come online and make the announcement that indirect dealers don't know anything. People like you are a disgrace to the company just as the man who may be committing fraud is.
eljeffe666

Mar 29, 2008, 11:48 AM
hey i know what im doing and i do what corp will allow me to
cellphoneguy26

Mar 29, 2008, 12:04 PM
Not all indirects are the same
giantpeach

Mar 29, 2008, 1:50 PM
I didn't say they were. I was talking about indirects from MY company. SORRY
cellphoneguy26

Mar 29, 2008, 1:54 PM
I wasnt trying to be rude i swear ☚ī¸
giantpeach

Mar 29, 2008, 1:58 PM
its ok 🙂
runs.with.scissors

Mar 29, 2008, 12:21 PM
Because I could start listing off all of the problems I have had to correct for the cor retailer in our area. As a matter of fact, I am fairly sure I could write a book.

The fact of the matter is you cannot place indirects or cor stores into one general catagory. How good or bad the location is depends on the staff, from management down.

If you were to use the little box at the top of the forum that says "search" you might find out that this issue has been beaten, flame wars have been had, and you won't get anywhere with it.
pronexs

Mar 29, 2008, 12:35 PM
from my experience core stores just work the customers as fast as possible. At my in-direct store we have desks and we sit down.. the customer can bring in a lap top.... we help out customers for as long as it takes.
giantpeach

Mar 29, 2008, 1:52 PM
And we don't? Excuse me, maybe you should do some research before you start accusing us of shoving people out of doors. We take just as much time (if not more) than you do, my friend. We just happen to HAVE TO stand, while doing it.
princessn1984

Mar 29, 2008, 12:37 PM
We have had a lot of issues with Indirect Dealers or Authorized Retailers as we call them. We have had everything from people paying their bill there with cash and then get a charge back (in other words, the AR collected cash and paid with a credit card then disputed the charge). We have also had them tell people that we froze their phones when there's no such way we did that or could do that. (The phone needed to be flashed.)
princessn1984

Mar 29, 2008, 12:40 PM
I didn't say all indirect, I said in my experience with the ones I've dealt with. 🙄
Tmo Slave

Mar 29, 2008, 1:22 PM
Alot of them are legit and they are just trying to run a business. Unfortunately there are some unscrupulous indirects that give the rest of them a bad name.
giantpeach

Mar 29, 2008, 1:57 PM
THANK YOU! Finally, someone gets that I'm NOT attacking all Indirects or AR's. Seriously, everyone needs to take a chill pill
averagewhiteboy

Mar 29, 2008, 2:29 PM
Not all Indirects are shady... However, every indirect that I've worked with or heard about has done plenty of shady stuff. Anywhere from selling used phones as new to outright social security fraud! All Indirects are trying to find some sort of angle that will make them more money and most of the time it ends up being against the rules. Corporate stores or their reps can do shady stuff as well, but with all of their policies and audits the fraud and overall shadiness is kept to a minimum...
PhoneyName

Mar 29, 2008, 5:19 PM
In the future, if you don't want people to think you're attacking ALL indirects, it would be wise to avoid statements like "Indirect dealers don't know anything! They don't know how to do the simplest things!". 😉
Ghosthendrikson

Mar 29, 2008, 5:27 PM
PhoneyName said:
In the future, if you don't want people to think you're attacking ALL indirects, it would be wise to avoid statements like "Indirect dealers don't know anything! They don't know how to do the simplest things!". 😉

That about sums it up.
dualitycomplex

Mar 29, 2008, 9:01 PM
your right i work indirect and have been for a number of years and i still havent figured out how to look up a custies account without calling into customer care, thank you so much for clearing that up, if i was corp, i would know how to look up accounts and figure out my customers phone numbers. 😎
cingagent

Mar 30, 2008, 10:18 AM
Us indirects really don't know anything, its true, I konw this from some of the things I see the COR stores doing everyday, such as:

Figuring out how to auto-attach Roadside Assistance and Voice Connect onto a customers account when they only came in to set up voicemail.

The apparent proper way to "fix" a customers account at a COR store is to cancel a brand new activation done at an indirect store, and then use the same equipment on a brand new activation for the COR rep.

And of course, the proper way to interact with a customer who is not doing a new activation is to push them all the way to the back of the increadibly oversized store, point to the phone and tell them to call XBM/Cust Service/anyone but the associate.

Once us...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.