Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 41 replies

don't you hate when you greet someone.....

soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 11:35 AM
and they just walk right by and dont say a word...or even worse look right at you saying it and keep going...im like "man i wish i owned this store....b/c i would tazer your ass" haha...na...but really i hate it b/c i greet EVERYONE and its just annoying when they walk by acting like they dont hear you....i work on a military base...i FOR SURE know you speak english
attwork

Mar 28, 2008, 11:42 AM
I hate that...especially when you know the person (not real well, but enough were they should at least acknowledge you).

...Makes me feel stupid...Then angry....I wish stabbing people in the throat was socially acceptable. 😈
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 11:49 AM
hahah i just spit water on myself
WeowWix

Mar 28, 2008, 11:57 AM
I'm used to the rejection ☚ī¸

But really, it doesn't take much to say hello back or even a slight nod. 😡
techknowitall

Mar 28, 2008, 11:59 AM
OK I just relized you store reps scare me. really I wanna know how often do you think of killing your custy? be real 2-3 day more come on truth details would be nice rules
1. no names
2. no blowing up stuff
3. be honest
4. your the owner of the store
5. no wittiness to see your deadly act
WeowWix

Mar 28, 2008, 12:04 PM
Every Monday my store would simply be a death-spike trap floor for each customer who walked through the door.

Hours: 10-7, stop on by.
techknowitall

Mar 28, 2008, 12:08 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ
oudidntkn0w

Mar 28, 2008, 11:12 PM
ha a funny is that in my store they had to pull a piece of carpet up for something and replace it another patch of carpet and is very noticeable. when someone asks about it, i just say its the trap door for all the mean customers and i put my hand on the item/price scanner and give it a tug like thats the lever for the door 🙂
StarryNight

Mar 28, 2008, 12:02 PM
Yuck, even thinking about this reminds me of when I used to sell cars. I guess it never really bothered me in wireless because:

1) Our store is so small that a customer would feel awkward ignoring us, we're pretty much right in their face as soon as they walk in.

2) It happens infinately less frequently than it did selling cars.

I actually left the auto industry because I couldn't stand being hated before I even opened my mouth. I mean, people would actually SCAMPER away when they saw me coming. I understand the stigma. You know, the "used car salesman" thing. Except I sold NEW cars, and I never, EVER used a pressure sales tactic. I just learned everything I could about the cars, and shared my knowledge. If you wanna buy it, GREAT...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Mar 28, 2008, 12:28 PM
I think the issue really is that they don't feel like listening to a sale story to try to get them to buy something. I AM NOT ACCUSING YOU OF DOING THIS. You just are trying to be polite and say hello. However, majority of people are used to being barraged by people who just seem to want to say 'hello' and then sell them something they don't want. I base this on my own experience walking past mall stores and kiosks, where the agents seem friendly, and they'll look at you, say 'Hi' and when you respond, they always ask what kind of phone you have and start going into the sales pitch. It's not just Cellphone stores though. It's kiosks and stores for people who sell perfumes (bleh, stinky garbage) sunglasses, movies, clothes, whatever. During t...
(continues)
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 12:43 PM
yeah thats def true.....just sucks anus!

and i replied to you last night...i just basically said that our last released cd def didnt have much energy on it..our live show is full of stage pressense and crazynesss....we def took the route of trying to get energy on this new cd..funny you said somethinga bout that...
OfAMightDivine

Mar 28, 2008, 12:43 PM
I'm also a musician. I can just hear stuff like that lol
StarryNight

Mar 28, 2008, 12:45 PM
What's your weapon of choice?

And by weapon, I mean instrument.
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 12:45 PM
guitar...im endorsed by michael kelly guitars...amazing company...
StarryNight

Mar 28, 2008, 12:50 PM
I play enough guitar hero that I feel like I should just spend those hours learning to play a REAL guitar, 'cause it'll be a hell of a lot more rewarding in the long run...

I've played guitar a bit here and there, never very well. I feel like it's an instrument you definitely have to commit to if you want to get anywhere with it.

How long have you been playing?
techknowitall

Mar 28, 2008, 12:51 PM
gh3 ps2 3months medium 42 out of 43 done
StarryNight

Mar 28, 2008, 1:39 PM
Yeah, I'm GH3 on PS2 and I'm at 41 of 42 on HARD and the last song is EATING MY SOUL!
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 1:42 PM
wait till you beat it and you get to the dragonforce song...on expert...its soo sick...i can get like 74% of the notes....there is a kid on youtube that KILLS that song...something like 99% or something...its insane..if you havent seen it golook for it
OfAMightDivine

Mar 28, 2008, 1:49 PM
Am I the only person in the world that doesn't like that game? đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ĸ
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 1:50 PM
haha...possibly..do you just not like it? or do you not like the song selection..see the song selection is the only thing that kinda pisses me off
StarryNight

Mar 28, 2008, 1:51 PM
Agreed on that one. Although GH2 is worse.

What don't you like about the game? I've even gotten my mom hooked...you should see her play on easy, she rocks back and forth like she's actually on stage playing a song...it's too funny.
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 1:54 PM
haha when im not on the road my mother and i play rockband
OfAMightDivine

Mar 28, 2008, 1:57 PM
I hear people talking about it all the time, about how they finally got past a certain song. To me, I'd rather learn the song on an actual guitar, than on a fake one. That and it's not very accurate to the songs I find. I understand a lot of people love it and all, but give me Mario Strikers, Mega-Man, Ace Combat, or Ikaruga any day.
StarryNight

Mar 28, 2008, 1:49 PM
Oh, I've seen it. The guy I saw got 100%. I have a hard time playing that song on MEDIUM, let alone expert. Frick. I've played the first 4 expert songs, but I think I'm gonna focus on getting all of my hard songs up to 5 stars (which sucks, because it means I'll have to play Barracuda again, and that song seems to stick in my brain like glue).
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 1:51 PM
thats too funny...yeah totally.....
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 12:54 PM
im 24..and i have been playing since i was about 7...now i didnt take it very seriously at 7...so please dont think i was one of those youtube kids that could just shred the **** out of a guitar then haha...but i started really liking/learning when i was around 10...i never took lessons either....you should def pick up the guitar again!
OfAMightDivine

Mar 28, 2008, 12:51 PM
Bass guitar. Also drums, and vocals. Mainly Bass though.
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 12:55 PM
blah...drums..im soo horrible at drums its not even funny...if all the people in the worlds lifes depended on me doing a simple beat..we would all be ****ed.....what kinda bass(s) do you use?
OfAMightDivine

Mar 28, 2008, 1:11 PM
I used to have a Washburn Bantam 5-string in Black. It was beautiful. That got stolen. đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ĸ For the time being I'm using an old Gibson Epiphone from the 70's. It sucks for metal or rock, but when I just feel like jamming, it's got a sound that can't be beat.

I really, really, really, really want a Warwick Infinity, but I can't spend 3-4 grand on one.
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 1:15 PM
WHAT?!?!?! thats nuts...F that...did you look on ebay and the pawn shops?....man i would flip a lid..that sucks..sorry to hear that one...yeah at least you have something to jam on..but yeah for metal or rock that isnt the right tool haha..and my buddy just got endorsed by warwick...and yeah thats nuts...3-4 on a bass..jeez
OfAMightDivine

Mar 28, 2008, 1:23 PM
3-4 is nothing lol. The Warwick Thumb is 5-6 thousand easily. I check everywhere I could, and never found the damn thing. I miss it. the neck was all smooth and... well... almost sensual HAHAH. It was a sexy piece of equipment. I hardly ever play anymore since everyone around here is either into Emo or Hardcore, and I can't stand either. I'll play in anything but those 2 types.
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 1:28 PM
yeah i mean its not bad for what your getting...but still...haha i dont have 3 or 4 g's just sitting around to throw down on a bass...however i playguitar and im lucky enough to be endorsed..but still...and damn that sucks so bad that you couldnt find it....haha i dont like emo..but i like hardcore...im alright friends with a bunch of hardcore/metalcore bands..i just cant stand the fans of that music..that stupid punch dancing ****...i guess its kinda fun to watch from a stage..but still...
OfAMightDivine

Mar 28, 2008, 1:32 PM
I cannot stand pit-dancing. That's where I become uber-metal head. HEAD BANGING ONLY. But hey. Remember now, they're all usually 15-16 year old kids trying to be cool with their friends.
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 1:34 PM
yeah...im with you on that one 100%...its funny/sad b/c if you watch it...people dont even get to enjoy the f'n show b/c half the time..AT LEAST 3/4 rows of people around that pit are watching them making sure they arent going to get socked....only kid i ever saw doing it where i was like "woah kick ass" was this chinese kid at a showbread (haha i know) concert and he was doing liek backflips and **** hahaha...
OfAMightDivine

Mar 28, 2008, 1:38 PM
When we go to a metal show, there is ALWAYS an emo/hardcore kid trying to pit-dance. It's funny to see them get clobbered by some huge angry Metal-head.
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 1:40 PM
i think the best i have ever seen it...was when we were on the jager tour with slayer, killswitch engage, and mastodon...all the HARDCORE slayer fans against the metalcore killswitch fans..however killswitch engage is my fav. band...but still...man those slayer guys were killing the young'ns....this marine DI that came with us almost killed one of the kids i thought
OfAMightDivine

Mar 28, 2008, 1:42 PM
Yeah. It can get bad if there is someone at a show that they don't want there. It's all fun though unless people are being jackasses. But that hardly happens.
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 1:48 PM
true that...the craziest people i have ever discovered in a pit was gwar...there were some nuts in that bitch...blades and ****..one dude even had a gun on his ankle..i was like F this im going over to the other side lol
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 12:46 PM
right on..what do you do?
cellphoneguy26

Mar 28, 2008, 1:20 PM
man that urks me i cant stand that stuff i would love to taze someone by the way lol
soulsharborax

Mar 28, 2008, 1:22 PM
hahaha that just made me laugh out loud lol...that would be rad..and im not talking about the tazer that you have to hold to their body im talking about the one that shoots out of the gun with the wires...now that would be rad
a Girl

Mar 28, 2008, 4:48 PM
its intimidating walking by the kiosk at the PX...jk. People should be nice and say hi even if they aren't going to buy anything 😉

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.