Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 50 replies

I am....

oguruma

Mar 23, 2008, 2:25 PM
Sitting at work (Nextel Customer Care) and I am bored.... What's the haps everybody?
techknowitall

Mar 23, 2008, 2:26 PM
over in sprint not to much thanks to ubp
oguruma

Mar 23, 2008, 2:27 PM
it's slooooooooow today
techknowitall

Mar 23, 2008, 2:28 PM
calls bout 2 min apart u?
oguruma

Mar 23, 2008, 2:34 PM
I am in Sup Queue, so I get about 30mins of idle time =)
custservguru

Mar 23, 2008, 2:35 PM
well i am actually in the same call center as our lovely techknowitall. lol. but hes taking tech calls, and i am taking cust service calls. whooohoo! loves it!. i am getting at least 30-45 minutes inbetween calls. thank god for this site. at least i have something to occupy my time. so where u located oguroma?
oguruma

Mar 23, 2008, 2:37 PM
I am in Oregon. We take corporate and powersource calls
techknowitall

Mar 23, 2008, 2:38 PM
in another call
custservguru

Mar 23, 2008, 2:41 PM
awww poor techknowitall... maybe u shouldnt know it all? lmao.. or just complain u dont have ur tools and get put in the cust service split. i tell ya.. im so not looking forward to going thru ubp(ensemble) training. i dread the day. we are in ohio techy and i. starting to warm up a bit here.. hows the weather there?
techknowitall

Mar 23, 2008, 2:44 PM
i use to live in portland 162nd st i miss it so much have been there 13 years
oguruma

Mar 23, 2008, 2:43 PM
I hate ignorant customers =(
custservguru

Mar 23, 2008, 2:45 PM
so.. whats your take on store reps? let's see if i can tick someone off again! LMAO
techknowitall

Mar 23, 2008, 2:47 PM
plz see " does sprint hire anybody" or csr vs csr store" love the fact that people get bent out of shape for the ideas
oguruma

lol as long as they don't call me, I'm cool with em',
custservguru

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THANK YOU! 🤣
oguruma

Mar 23, 2008, 2:53 PM
somebody call over to nextel corp care and request a supervisor and talk to me...
custservguru

Mar 23, 2008, 2:56 PM
if i could get away with that.. i would be all over it. i begged my friend to call and keep calling until he got me just so i would have someone to talk to since its so slow! ughhh..
techknowitall

Mar 23, 2008, 2:57 PM
if i could i would im getting calls bout 1-2 mins now darn those Philippines... i cant understand them for one and its so hard to get all the info
oguruma

Mar 23, 2008, 2:58 PM
either of u guys heard of the band The English Beat?
techknowitall

Mar 23, 2008, 2:59 PM
cant say i have y???
custservguru

Mar 23, 2008, 3:11 PM
for some reason that should familiar.. but i cant say for sure.
custservguru

Mar 23, 2008, 2:59 PM
u know u love it! ok. so its now 3:58 here. i have been here since 1:30 and have taken only one call.. which happened to be in ensemble so i transfered. wow.. life is hard. 😛
techknowitall

Mar 23, 2008, 3:03 PM
must be nice im getting kicked all around the block in ohio so tired me and guru are in the same call center .. if i lay down will one of ya kick me till i die plz
custservguru

just say the word techy.. i could use a way to take out my aggressions.. course im just now im my second call. lol. maybe i should be the one getting kicked.
oguruma

I might be trading one of my rifles towards a signed Gibson Les Paul Studio and I was wondering how much I could get for it.
spazeying

Mar 23, 2008, 4:03 PM
technowitall, i'm from the Philippines, but i work here in florida call center. i consider myself lucky because i speak,think, and act like an american. so people can actually understand me. i have very slight accent, other than that i know how american think so i fit in. i undertand what you are saying though, because i have a lot of relatives there. but i think the Filipinos have a better grip on the Ennglish language than most asian.
techknowitall

Mar 23, 2008, 3:08 PM
hay oguruma whats the weather like today
oguruma

Mar 23, 2008, 3:21 PM
meh, it's overcast and gloomy out, pretty good chance its gonna rain at some point during the day
techknowitall

Mar 23, 2008, 3:24 PM
i miss it as far as your gun and les paul un sure not to good in that spot sorry
oguruma

Mar 23, 2008, 3:30 PM
im soooooooooo bored u guys! i only have 4 more hours before i can go home but its killing me!
techknowitall

Mar 23, 2008, 3:41 PM
i wish i could call ya
sidbisyo

Mar 23, 2008, 4:01 PM
yup, sure is a slow day even here in finance, or maybe its because i'm one of the few left here not yet required to take ubp. ( mind you sometimes they do re-skill me when the queing in ubp is monster) i'll miss cdma bad when the ay comes to finnaly pull the plug on it. 🤭
techknowitall

Mar 23, 2008, 4:02 PM
WELL I NEVER GOT THE MEMO ON Y but ya now we do what we have to do
custservguru

Mar 23, 2008, 4:18 PM
holy crow i just had one of those people who just didnt get it.. u know. if people would pay thier balance on the accounts when its due then or stop making partial pymts cust would understand their balance a little more. so O.. come see me and techy in ohio. its sunny here! at least for now. lol
sidbisyo

Mar 23, 2008, 4:09 PM
yup, ubp would be one of those things that we cant avoid from happening, kinda like a natural calamity 😳

whats really spoiling my day though are this transfers from cs from reps asking me to put in a tc on acct so it will activate it and they can add in some features, to add to their commision.
techknowitall

Mar 23, 2008, 4:12 PM
GOD I KNOW I HATE THAT IM NOT IN UR DEPT BUT I GET THE SAME CALL B/C TOO MANY LAZY PEOPLE OUT THERE
sidbisyo

Mar 23, 2008, 4:20 PM
yeah, i think on some cs centers they have to give the acct to their sup for credit approval, the example i gave is like scamming. the cust would not be eligible to make changes on acct unles they activate they're services by paying the due bal. thats why they try to talk us into giving the tc on the acct and show it like the cust is making a payment arrangement.. cheating lying bastars! 👿
custservguru

Mar 23, 2008, 4:22 PM
wow.. ive never asked finance to place a temp credit on the acct just to get a sale. thats terrible! frankly i dont even like sending em to ya to even ask for pymt arrangements, but if they cant pay with me, sadly,.. i have no choice. im sorry! u have my pitty! i hate giving into these people for all the lame exused specially when u see them have soo many pymt arrangements over and over.
sidbisyo

Mar 23, 2008, 4:28 PM
i know, butit does'nt happen all the time, but when it does i tell the rep to let me talk to the cust and check the acct. they would go hessitant and sometimes drop the call. 😁
custservguru

Mar 23, 2008, 4:32 PM
nice.. too funny. i get telesales people wanting me to apply a temp credit on acct that past due to make the acct current. bc unless its current they cant sell them a phone. so. i say no. cust must make a pymt and then heavily notate the acct stating its against policy to issue a credit for no reason. lmao
sidbisyo

Mar 23, 2008, 4:38 PM
yeah, i do that too. i put it in high priority so everybody can see it in nice big bol red letters. 😈
custservguru

Mar 23, 2008, 5:16 PM
not worth it if your not doing it any other way! 😉
sidbisyo

Mar 23, 2008, 4:22 PM
lets get back to the topic.. today is like a holiday in call center land. minimal calls to deal with.. happy happy, joy joy 🤤
custservguru

Mar 23, 2008, 4:23 PM
aboslutely!!!! whooohoooo where u at sid?
custservguru

Mar 23, 2008, 4:24 PM
hey i do have a ? for ya. how can i get a pic up for my profile. maybe i over looked it but i didnt see a spot to add one.
techknowitall

Mar 23, 2008, 4:32 PM
CANT
sidbisyo

Mar 23, 2008, 4:33 PM
its in acct, theres a link to another website on instructions on making a gravatar. but you need to verify it on your e-mail.

p.s. dont use opera as you're browser. it does'nt work.

oh yeah, dont diss me on this.. im from the philippines and i appologize for some of the reps here who dont know how to speak english.. iget pissed by them as well and wonder how they even landed a job in these field. 🙂
techknowitall

Mar 23, 2008, 4:40 PM
ok yes you got me there and im sorry not all are bad 🤭
sidbisyo

Mar 23, 2008, 4:51 PM
thats ok man, no harm done 🙂
custservguru

Mar 23, 2008, 5:19 PM
well i think they speak ok english but dont always understand some of the slang americans use, therefore there is always confusion as to what we are saying. i know they try but as it not being their first language. this can happen. trust me, i get plenty of calls from customers who i can't understand. And trust me, its not always people from over there. there are americans i cannot understand too!
sidbisyo

Mar 23, 2008, 4:53 PM
ok, its 7 mins before my shift ends. its been really nice talking to you guys. see ya around 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.